Arnie Klein -- Joe Jackson's a Hypocrite!

6/14/2010 1:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Arnold Klein -- the man who was probably closest to Michael Jackson -- came out swinging against Joe Jackson, claiming the elder Jackson could have tried talking Michael off a ledge, but all he cared about was making money.

0614_arnie_mj_TMZ_Getty_EX

Dr. Klein tells TMZ, "Michael was very close to Katherine, but Joe talked to him too, but all Joe ever wanted to talk about was business.  Everything Joe utters is nonsensical."

Joe is taking lots of flack for telling News of the World Katherine is responsible for Michael's death by not trying to cheer him up.

But Klein says he's over the drama:  "I'm no longer interested in the Sodom and Gomorrah show on Havenhurst (the family home).  My main concern is the welfare of the children, especially Michael's, and the preservation of Michael's memory."

kathy

Oh my goodness...Arnold Klein...where did he come from????????????
He needs to join Murray today. Gross........

Gem

I agree with post #25.

mary

As we can see in the last news involving you Mr.Klein, is clear
that you are not interested in preserve Michael's memory.
Justice for Michael.

Gem

Sorry, in my post #34, I said I agreed with post #25--I actually have no comment on that post. I meant to say that I agree with POST #24 regarding Klein's relationship with TMZ.

CloBird

Arnold Klein was not a friend of Michael Jackson.This is just another case of the pot calling the kettle black.Klein has lied about Michael as well.

Nicole

I hope MICHAEL's children never give creepy Klein the time of day. I would be really surprised if by now they had not seen or read some of the things that Klein has said about their father. He has no interest in their welfare, he just wants to keep his name associated with our beloved Michael.

mariam

This is really looking like a circus now anyone wants to say anything about MJ its a fad. Maybe they do this to be famous or associated with the king of pop. Its really sad.

Nefertari

Klein, is dilusional he above all people wants to protect Michael's name and legacy? You were the first to trash Michael with false allegations..What's the matter with you..?

alisia

His family did all that they could to save him. To even think that someone would put the blame for Michael's death on his own mother is dispicable. I'm not sure if I want to be quick to jump to conclusions when it comes to his family intervening though. I'm pretty sure they loved him enough to have tried many times to save him. Michael was close to Katherine so I don't believe any rubbish that these tabloids post.

Andy

This Kelin guy is as bad as Joe Jackson. Maybe he's trying to make up with the jackson fans after he failed with his gay accusations.

Zoe

I think it's hilarious that TMZ refers to Arnold Klein as being the "closest" to Michael Jackson just because he keeps granting them interviews and making up fake stories for attention. This man was one of Michael's many doctors and has proven himself to be anything but a friend and anything but out for Michael's legacy and protecting his kids. Stop giving this parasite more time and attention, no one is buying it. Talk about hypocrite.

Sam

Arnie Klein is just desperate to get his name in the news... again. If he was really interested in "preserving Michael's memory", he would just shut the f*** up, and not be out there blabbing Michael's confidential medical secrets, discussing Michael's urinary habits, or telling the world that Michael was "gay". Every time Klein opens his mouth, it's for his own purposes, to get his name in the news. And every time he talks about anything related to Michael, he hurts Michael's reputation and legacy. So, Arnie Klein... just shut up and go away, please. You are NOT a friend to Michael, and he is ashamed of how you are acting these days.

Horndog

Who is that white woman wearing the sunglasses? Is there something wrong with her nose and lips?

Mike

Arnold Klien is being ignorant.