Gary Coleman

Don't Pull the Plug on Me!

6/14/2010 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained legal documents signed by Gary Coleman in 2006 in which the actor specifically directed that he did not want anyone to pull the plug on him ... if he was ever in that situation.

Gary Coleman
The documents were ironically filed by Shannon Price -- Gary's ex-wife -- the person who authorized doctors to take Gary off life support last month. Price has filed the docs in an effort to be granted control over the disposition of Gary's body.

Among the documents filed today by Shannon is a health care power of attorney which Gary filled out in 2006.  Under the heading "Instructions for Health Care" -- Gary checked a box  titled "Choice to Prolong Life" which states, "I want my life to be prolonged as long as possible within the limits of generally accepted health care standards."

0614_coleman_rip_noarrow_wm

The other option Gary had -- "Choice Not to Prolong Life" -- was left unchecked.

In the docs, Shannon explains her decision to end Gary's life saying she was "forced" to pull the plug. She does not explain why she felt forced.

leisa

You need to read all the do***ents before you all decide if she did anything against the law. It is more than just checking the second box wanting to prolong life. There are amendments to this.

I would bet that while poor Mr. Coleman was in the state he was in the doctors were talking with the "wife" about donoting his organs. If you could legally get those records I would not be surprised if there was someone telling this woman she was doing the right thing. If Mr. Coleman was declared brain dead by a MD than she may have made her mind to "pull the plug" due to others diagnose(s).

We may not like what she did with the 9-1-1 phone call, or the picture at his bedside or many other actions. But look at Gary Coleman. The divorced, but never really lived apart. They were probabley an odd couple who might have loved each other. They both seem odd. I always felt for Mr. Coleman, but he was not the nicest guy on the proverbial block.

I have written my living well due to a chronic disease, I have told family members. Some disagree with me, I hope they do not fight it.

Living wills can be very tricky. Doctors can be wrong and then the family member makes the wrong move. I had a cousin who was brain dead the same time another woman was brain dead. She died 6 years after having carbon dioxide given to her instead of O2.

dave

if this woman had a brain she would no that gary was worth more alive than dead this woman is a murdering bitch some hoe she is she says she loved him she wouldnt no what love is if it hit her in the face i dont understand where the brains of the santaquine police if they cant see she hit him on the back of the head then they need to take there fingers out of each others backsides its an insult to gary why pull the life support after only two days money i feel sorry for garys mum and dad anyone can see they are broken i saw them on us today dont matter what they had a row about you can see they loved gary its so sad to see them this way rip gary coleman we all love you

Jess

I think she pulled the plug on him, because if he ever came to, he would be able to testify that she in-fact pushed him. I think she used his lack of popularity to hold him in place and keep him with her, and dangled it over his head that he couldn't do better, even though she treated him like dirt. She obviously abused him, and milked what little money he had out of him...and is continuing to do so after his death.

L. Smith

I dont think that Shannon had any rights to pull the plug on Gary, i feel that she pushed the man dowm the staires, she wanted him out of the way just in case if he regain any consciousness, she was'nt force into anything,she know that she is getting off the hook, because the cops said that they would'nt investigate because it was an accident. she wanted him out of the way, she saw $$$ signs,now if it had been the other way around, it would be investigated.her ass need to be put in jail for MURDER. i dont see how she could have done this, but i guess people like her dont have any conscious, if she loved him like she said she did, she would have heen in the hospital room praying that he would be alright, instead of having pictures made of him so that she could sell for big bucks. but Miss Shanon Price will pay.

dave

doggy

HURRICANEWINDSHUNTINGDOGS

THE DOCTORS SHOULD OF WAITED TO SEE IF HE HAS A DNR OR NOT UNDER THE LAW SHE CAN BE IN BIG TROUBLE FOR PULLING THE PLUGS, AN IM SURE HE HAD ISSUES WITH HER AN WHY WAS SHE AT HIS HOME TO BEGIN WITH THEIRS ALOT OF WHAT IFS WELL THE REAL DEAL HERE IS SHE NEEDS A LAWYER BECAUSE UNDER THE LAW SHE WAS AN EX ANTHEIR FOR THE STATE SHOULD OF STEPPED IN TILL AWILL WAS FOUND OR A DNR SHE HAD NO RITE BY LAW TO DO AS SHE DID AN SHE NEEDS TO BE PROSECUTE FOR DOING SO AN THIS PLACES THE HOSPITAL IN A CATCH 22 I WAS A CARE GIVER FOR MY MOM AN SHE HAD A DNR DONOT RESESITATE ON HER , THE EX HAD NO RIGHT ORDERING A SHUT OFF OF THE MACHINES AT ALL AN THE HOSPITAL SHOULD OF KNOWN BETTER SO WHEN THEY GO AFTER HER THEY WILL HAVE TO GO AFTER THE HOSPITAL AN HIS ESTRANGE PARENTS HAVE THE RITE TO DO THIS AN THESE PEOPLE LOST A SON NO MATTER THE FEELINGS BETWEEN GARY AN THEM SO WHERE HE LOVED THEM THEY CAN LEGALLY DO THIS SINCE THEY RAISED HIM AN THE EX WIFE NEEDS TO BE UNDER THE JAIL! HOUSE

connie guy

It's just so sad that GOLDDIGGERS DO NOT RESPECT THE DEAD......

GNORMIN

Its ashame all he was to her was money, she was a child in my books, an a golddigger it appears i dont see why he choosed her for a wife when he could of gotten any one . Money means nothing to some an the world to others,its ashame the doctors allowed her to do this when under the law legally she wasnot next of kin his adoptive parents where so to his ex wife get a lawyer your gonna need one because his adoptive parents can get the statre to come after you an i personally think her next home should be proson for the murder of gary coleman an i say this because she had to no he did not want the plugs pulled he had to tell her some time in their short marriage, an if not she should of cared more about the man then she did his money !

JJs

Once Gary is cremated, all evidence will be destroyed - so don't rush it. Conflicting stories from his ex spells murder to me - because if he had just had dialysis & he was weak - why would she let him make her breakfast? was he upstairs or downstairs taking the dialysis? even the death certificate is fraudulent, not to mention the entire police department needs to be federally investigated - because if they are this negligent on a famous person's case, imagine how many other cases of murder they've closed as accidents. Someone in the police department needs to come forth & the dept needs to be swept clean.

Devb

Please friends and close people to Gary, do a right thing cause hustice need to be done. Utah, please everyone needs same justice no matter ur race, gender or whatever.

Jeremy Brooks

Hello, my name is Jeremy Brooks and I live in bozeman, MT. I never really knew Gary Coleman all that well because I never really seen him in any of his shows. I still feel very sorry for his loved ones. I might have seen him in Different Strokes for a few minutes when I was 8 years old back in 1982. I never knew what kind of person he really was. I didn't even know that he was married or anything. I don't want to say anything nasty about him, since I am not like some people. Gary Coleman, may you rest in peace and put all these rumors behind you. Jeremy Brooks

Antwon

I think it is funny how white girls love black movie stars and ball players. I'm glad though since they always bring the money back to the white race when it's all sorted out by death.

I Think I Figured It Out

I think words like "do***ent" and "cir***stance" are bleeped because the sensors are picking up on the letters "C" "U" and "M" for whatever reason.

Shannon Price sucks!

Carry on...

mspaap

GARY COLEMAN HAD A RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST SHANNON PRICE THAT STATED SHE MOVED INTO HIS HOME WHILE HE WAS HOSPITALIZED AND SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED THE COURT ORDER HER TO MOVE OUT DUE TO HER STEALING AND FIGHTING...ETC SEE LINK

david merkiel

I THINK THAT WHITE EVIL NO GOOD WOMAN KILLED HIM AND WANTED HIS ASSESTS. SHE NEEDS TO GO TO PRISON FOR LIFE AND DIE IN THERE. I HATE HER AND I HOPE U ALL HATE HER TOO. RIP GARY COLEMAN.