Cops: Chris Klein Was WASTED on the 101

6/16/2010 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Klein wasn't just drunk when he was popped for DUI early this morning, according to law enforcement sources ... his blood alcohol level was almost THREE TIMES the legal limit.

0616_chris_klein_TMZ_EX_01

We're told Klein blew well over a .20 when he was arrested on the 101 Freeway in Los Angeles this morning -- his second DUI bust in the last 6 years.  The legal limit in California is .08.

As we previously reported, Klein wasn't the only passenger in his car -- cops found a dog inside the vehicle.  The dog was later retrieved by a friend of Klein's.

Klein's reps have not returned our calls.

UPDATE: Klein's bail has been set at $25,000

Trish

@thatguysfamily I watched the video. It was very touching. I will pass it on to my daughter and her friends that graduated this year. Don't want them to be "that" person. My nephew was 19 years old. and he and his girlfriend were out drinking and driving. He wrecked the car and she died. He just got out of prison 2 weeks ago, after serving 15 years.

Nicole

My family member (pro-soccer player)killed another innocent person because of his terrible decision to drink and drive. He is now serving time in prison and is sharing his story to prevent other tragedies from occurring. Search for the Matt Maher Story or go to www.themattmaherstory.com

Wow i just read the story and it brought me to tears.
People should never take the risk and drink and drive its disgusting. They should never put themselves in that position and the consequences of it are just down to your luck.
After all the remorse your family member showed and how he brought awareness to the issue i can't believe the sentence was so long with 85% required to be served. I know someone lost their life and they can never be brought back but your family member has to live with his actions for the rest of his life and the amount of time he spends in prison won't change this.

electriczipper

If I am elected you will have a job and so will dd

Darlene

Hes human.

Tommy

$25,000 bail!!!!! That is crazy. Here in Wisconsin we get let out within a few hours if someone picks us up or in the morning when we are ready to start all over again. And .022 is nothing. I drive like what all the time. I think I will stay out of California while drinking.

Rayna

He made a terrible mistake. so have other actors. learn from it, do good to try to make up for it. Do lots of good, turn completely around. That said, someone give him a tv show please! 24 is gone, Lost is gone, The Tudors is almost gone, we need an actor easy on the eyes and compelling on screen. he's got star power.

Whatever

Tom Cruise was auditioning potential wives in closed door meetings and everyone knows that. Confirmed by Scarlett Johanson that she was auditioned and she passed. Katie Holmes did not pass. End of story. Chris Klein should serve all his future DUI punishment time trying to get shelter dogs and cats adopted in Los Angeles, and when he gets that done, then he's served his time and debt to society. That's going to be years. I couldn't give a s*** about him, but why take the dog in the car with him?

Bobo Frog

THis is an attempt to revive his movie career. Knowing the way Hollywood works...it will probably work.

Dumped Him

Give me the dog. He obviously doesn't care about himself, other people or his dog. I don't care about him and I can't take in everyone on the roads with him, but I can take his dog in and protect he or she. He's just another dumbass.

dee

Poor Suri, her mom is a Stepford wife, her adoptive father is a nut case and her bio dad is a drunk.

Boston Bitch

What a ****ing douchebag for putting his dog at risk!!!!!

ohNo

Where's the mugshot??? C'mon TMZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn

I see Chris in Suri's eyes. lol

Nina

There is no excuse for his behavior. He is beyond lucky nothing more than this happened.

I do think he lives with the secret about Suri. I do think he was probably paid off to shut his mouth. That would eat away at your soul...don't you think??

There is no denying that they look alike. And, have you ever seen a more robotic, strange-acting person than Katie? Perhaps a person with a huge secret who must remain in control of her emotions at all times? The only one that acts somewhat "normal" is the person holding all the cards.

thatoneguy

Pretty sad of a career if they still are referring you to the American Pie guy..lol.. I'd be wasted on the 101 too!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments