Probation Department Clears Lindsay Lohan

6/18/2010 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ Lindsay Lohan is off the hook with the L.A. County Probation Department for the whole SCRAM thing earlier this month ... because her pee was clean.

0608_lindsay_lohan_tmz_ex

You'll recall after the MTV Movie Awards on June 6 the SCRAM people got a positive reading for alcohol on Lindsay's SCRAM bracelet.

But here's the thing.  Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley tells TMZ Lindsay went to the Probation Department at around 10 AM the next day and her urine tested negative for alcohol.

Sources connected with the Probation Department tell us ... the test results are good enough for them and as far as they are concerned Lindsay is in full compliance with her bail conditions.

And we're told it's increasingly looking like Lindsay will be in full compliance with her alcohol ed classes by the next court hearing -- July 6.

The Probation Report is especially important ... it's like a bible for the judge -- certainly on the bail issue, and it could influence the judge on Lindsay's probation as well.

So Lindsay could conceivably dodge the jail bullet.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

JLS

She may be compliant when she goes to her next hearing but she wasn't in the past. I think the judge should address that fact and consider punishing Lindsay for ignoring her previous order.

It's not okay to flip off the court and the terms of your probation and she DID. This contrite behavior now doesn't remedy the past.

JLS

I believe she did drink when the SCRAM went off. And further, I believe she uses a urine cleansing formula to pass a urine test for both alcohol and cocaine. It's solid that this woman knows how to play this game. She's even got a mother who will help her.

Irene

Well, she sure has been looking better. Maybe she got her wakeup call.

Gloria Unread

Why are these Lindsey Lohan stories ever sponsored by Budweiser Select 55? It seems like a fitting product placement...

Phreaky

But I thought the upcoming hearing was to determine if she violated probation several weeks ago when she went to Cannes for no reason and had *not* completed her classes by the required date? That would be a probation violation. Her getting the classes done now is like she awarded herself extra time to get them done, and irrelevant to the hearing. She had already been assigned a date to complete them and failed to do so.
I'm sure Shawn Chapman Holly will get her off once again though.
Too bad they can't lock her away for a few months just for being a vile human being.

vareader

I wonder how the Probation Department's report being the bible for the judge will make them feel when Ms. Lohan either dies from her activities or kills someone becasue they found her urine clean. Was it a faulty SCRAM? Or was it by osmosis from the other drunks around her?

Phreaky

Don't ever forget, so far her punishment has been 13 alcohol classes and a plastic band around her leg for KIDNAPPING 3 PEOPLE, TAKING THEM ON A WILD CAR CHASE DOWN THE HIGHWAY, DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED, AND HAVING COCAINE IN HER POCKET!
I hope if I ever get arrested for something similar I'll have months and months and months to do 13 classes and trips to Cannes and photoshoots constantly while I'm being "punished".
She continues to think she is so mistreated by everyone.

#TeamLindsay

Lindsay's a celebrity, she can do whatever the F she wants!

Ginger

They are not doing this girl any favors by letting her get away with all this. We all know she probably had a drink and other articles say the people in charge of the classes are faking her attendance. She will have learned nothing from this experience except how to cheat the system. She and her nutty mother are laughing their behinds off at the law that the rest of us have to heed.

Fat hand puppet

"17. They are not doing this girl any favors by letting her get away with all this. We all know she probably had a drink and other articles say the people in charge of the classes are faking her attendance. She will have learned nothing from this experience except how to cheat the system."at 2:54 AM on Jun 18, 2010 by Ginger"

Im LOVING this scram bracelet and drug testing Lindsay must put up with, because I am hoping Lindsay beats her addictions and becomes healthy and happy and prosperious. But Lindsay is still denying she has ANY problems and I suspect you are right and once she is free of probation she will go right back to partying and boozing and doing hard drugs. I saw alot in Lindsay I liked when I sort-of knew her. But this is my first experience with knowing someone who has severe addictions. Its horrible to watch and I don't think its going to get better.

sickofit

This woman has been ordered to do weekly unannouced drug tests, and she has a scram bracelet on. If she drinks or does illegal drugs she will be busted. Instead of saying how well she is doing, there are so many comments on here about her beating the system. Between the tests, and the media watching every move she makes, I don't see how she is beating anything. Perhaps we should be talking about how well she is doing.

Nicole

She actually had until July 15th to complete the classes but because she attended every 21 deays instead of weekly or get permission for her absences she was ordered to attend the hearing she missed.
Looks like she might be avoiding jail if she can keep this up.

Nicole

@sickofit
I agree with the exception of the prescription drugs which she has legitimate reasons to take she is obviously clean. Everyone is aware she has had drug and possibly alcohol issues in the past but obviously she isn't going to not follow the conditions when she could get 180 days.
If she can stick to the conditions then the hearing will only be about the classes. In a broke state will someone seriously get anywere near 90/180 days for missing 3 classes ? I doubt it

electriczipper

she is doing great and all the local nightspots around where she is living are breathing a sigh of relief,after she beats this its party time all over again,,why not she is rich and famous and girls just wanna have fun

Liz

Lindsay is not 'dodging the bullet' she is in compliance,there is a difference. It is amazing how biased your reporting is on Lindsay in this situation TMZ. I realize if she succeeds it's less advertising money but come on how about some fairness.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments