« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

6/23/2010 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Holy crap -- did you see the unreal goal Landon Donovan and the U.S. soccer team pulled out in the 91st minute of their match with Algeria!?!?!? It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0623_donovan_gallery
On to the next round ...

USA! USA! USA!
0615_soccer_studs_300

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ssajdor

it was awesome!!!

donnyjohnsonthebest

No, because some of us are at work during the day. Not like you losers who collect unemployment or work for tmz

kalay

One of the female reality TV stars might finding out who is that guy...He will be a potential boyfriend for those so-called celebrities from now on...If the American footballers are paid an obscene amount of money like they do in Europe, why not, these girls want to be a next Mrs. Victoria Beckham! I can imagine....LOL

Gill

Oh, so in America you've not discovered the WAGS yet? I wouldn't wish them upon my worst enemy, although if you want them you can have them!

Darlene

I dont even like it!!

duda

@TheTatIsHers

do you speak ANY other language by any chance? If NOT, you CANNOT SAY WE SHOULD BE LEARNING ENGLISH. Learn another language FLUENTLY and we can talk about it. You are the ignorant here, honey. And we DO stick with the Brazilian websites, but not ONLY with Brazilian websites... Most of us stick with English, American (yeah I am American too because I am from BRAZIL - South America), Brazilian, etc websites.

DOOOOOOOOOOUCHE! And if Brazil plays against USA, I hope the best team wins, done.

Buckeye

SnoreFest 2010

CCC

Is there any way you people bashing each other can be glad that Americans are finally learning to like football(soccer). America has so many different sports, while in some other countries, the main sport is football. That's why it is sooo popular in other countries. I loved playing American soccer as a kid, and would like to play right now if my lung capasity would let me. Just too old and too many smokes to take the field. It's easy to blame the American public for not getting into football, but in reality, it is the television heads who refuse to show it on American TV. Growing up in Los Angeles, I've been a Laker, Dodger and in my earlier years, a Raiders fan all of my life. Since Los Angeles introduced a "soccer" team, I would love to watch, but the games are rarely televised. It's easy to blame Americans for not being "football" fans, but how can you be a fan of something that you can't even watch?

jwtx06

To everyone debating which sports are better, its easy. You enjoy the sport that you played growing up and watching. If europeans or south americans strapped on some pads and played american football growing up, they would love it when they got older. Same for every sport. Of course not everyone would love it, but the majority would.

The Biz

Can't wait to have Team USA come home only to have TMZ follow these Z list celebrity/athletes around and ask them dumb questions. It's the Winter Olympics all over again. Can't freaking wait.....Sigh....

Victoria

Gill, I'm American But i love my England footballers :)

ellie

The US will never come up to the level of a Spain, Argentina, Italy, Mexico, Germany, etc. NEVER, NEVER!! Also, the stadiums would never fill up. PLEASE.... No World Cup in the USA!!!!

From Brazil

Congratulation USA! Congratulation All America(Argentina,Brazil,Chile,Paraguay, Uruguay and Mexico)!
Good look for all!

ellie

It's called futbol! Only in this country is it known as soccer, hello!

ellie

gitRdun: First of all, the USA was lucky to be in the World Cup.
Most of the world plays futbol, the Europeans and Latinos being the absolute best. Most of the other countries around the world included, but the USA, please!!! Never caught on in this country...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments