Mariah Carey: I Want That God-Awful MJ Sofa!

6/24/2010 12:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mariah Carey wants Michael Jackson's living room set in the worst way -- and we mean worst.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
TMZ has learned Mariah has ordered Kenneth Bordewick, her interior designer, to bid on an ornate living room set owned by Michael at Julien's Auctions, which will be held tomorrow in Vegas.

Michael bought the furniture to fill the London mansion he was supposed to live in during the run of the "This Is It" tour.

According to the auction house, the living room set -- which MJ bought for $200,000 -- could fetch $1 million.  The open bid -- $150,000.  The proceeds -- minus commissions -- will go to Jackson's estate.

You gotta believe Mariah will put old lady plastic covers on the furniture, in case Nick has an accident.

Robert

Plastic covers...orrr...

Kelly

This would be perfect for the bankrupt Jersey Housewif Teresa's gaudy "mansion!" Ha!!

awards

What about the sofa stains? Lots of kiddie fun there!

electriczipper

that would look great in my sisters garage
(where I am currently residing)...
I could cough maybe 500.00 for it...

angles

AS WE ALL KNOW SHE WAS VERY CLOSE TO KING OF POP SO NATURALY SHE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOMETHING HE OWNED AS FOR PLASTIC COVERS WELL ALOT OF PEOPLE STILL DO THAT NOT MY TASTE I GUESS IT KEEPS CLEAN THAT WAY. TO EACH THEIR OWN TASTE

Puke

That is some gaudy fugly furniture. Why do people with a lot of money always seem to want stuff like that? I will say it again, FUGLY!

G.R.

I doubt Michael Jackson actually bought that tacky furniture. Maybe you should say "he added it to his ridiculous credit debt".

electriczipper

does it come with the butler guy too?

Grump

I hope Mariah gets the sofa's. She will treasure them in her home as a piece of MJ's memory.

TMZ, You can KMA with your corny ass jokes! Wawawa....

electriczipper

If he purchaesed this furniture to go on tour with he most likely never saw it and certainly never sat on it..so why does she want it..I'm sure one of his flunkys procured this for him out of a magazine or web site..

Puke

That is some of the most gaudy fugly furniture I have ever seen! Not sure why when people have money they have to buy gold gaudy everything. I will say it again that shiz is FUGLY!!!!!

Missy

I like that furniture,anyway tmz staff have an unhealthy obsession with anything Jackson related! Seek help! I love the Jackson family but you tmzstaffers are getting ridiculous about it! All we really want to know about it is murdering murray's trial! Alot of the time you don't even have the facts or the truth about a story you are posting!

Steve

Link to the rest of the furniture is broken, send you to the world cup. :(

Marilyn

Good for any Publicity Pimp with no soul!
These celebs will do anything gross to get themselves
into the awful bright camera spotlight.
Then they take drugs to cope with the loss of themselves.
She'll be in rehab soon!

dd