Vince Neil -- Allegedly Smashed Before DUI

6/28/2010 1:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Las Vegas PD had been hunting for Vince Neil before his DUI last night -- because he was a suspect in a camera-smashing incident earlier in the evening.

0628_vince_neil_EX_TMZ_01

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ -- around 11:53 PM, a woman told police Neil had grabbed her camera and smashed it after she took his picture sometime last night.

We're told cops went looking for Neil to question him about the incident -- and a short time later, officers spotted Neil's car and pulled him over ... where he was subsequently arrested on suspicion of DUI.

TMZ spoke to Neil's wife -- who tells us the rocker had been sober for three years. She's currently en route to Vegas to bail Vince out.

UPDATE 10:58 AM PT: Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they received a call about an intoxicated driver. We're told cops found Neil driving near Las Vegas Blvd. and pulled him over. Officers detected alcohol and he was given a field sobriety test and was subsequently placed under arrest for suspicion of DUI. Neil posted bail within the hour.

0423_celeb_dui_300_v2

Mo

Sammy Hagar has his own tequila not vince. Guess Vince never learned his lesson after killing his "best friend" driving drunk back in the 80s.

bizmark

Suspicion? They didn't give him a breath test to make sure he was over the legal amount? Weird!

Don

Well I had to laugh at the sober for three years part of the story. I was sitting at the same bar at The Rio with Vince in November and he was drinking bottles of champagne. His wife is in denial.

April

Party On Vince.....still love ya!

JO

THIS IS NOT TRUE i WAS WITH VINCE,ELVIS AND BIGFOOT PLAYING CARDS LAST NITE,

I fit into my bikini!

Sinister, you're right! He lives here in Vegas part of the year and doesn't think he "rules Vegas" and just "comes here to act the fool" He's not a bad guy and I am well aware of his past and what happened with the drummer in 1985. Vince also had a child die from stomach cancer when she was 4 yrs. old. Not saying this is an excuse but he obviously has emotional pain, alot of it. Having to live with the death of his kid and the drummer from Hanoi Rocks..I can't imagine. Ppl wonder why he drinks still..and as for the woman with the camera..Vince is not an animal in a cage on display at the zoo! Maybe he wasn't in a good mood to begin with and some idiot tourist comes running up in his face with a camera..I live here in Vegas and see these tourists on the strip, drunk themselves acting crazy..I can see how she probably pissed him off..it doesn't take much out here, especially in that part of town. I wouldn't appreciate a camera shoved in my face by some INCONSIDERATE vacationer..he has a right to his personal space, just like you and I do. Just because he's famous does not mean he is on display for people 24/7. I have been in restaurants and have seen him having dinner with his wife. People have come up to them mid meal and just shove napkins, dirty ones at that and whatever else they can think of, shove it right under his nose while he is eating his dinner with his wife. He graciously signs it and is polite! He wasn't anywhere near rude the night I saw him. This dbag with the camera just pushed him to the limit.

I have also seen him around town just doing ordinary every day things, he's not a jerk, give him a break.

I fit into my bikini!

one more thing I'd like to add...I thought it was illegal for someone to take your picture without your consent? This woman that took his picture apparently didn't have his say so. She was rude for doing it. She didn't personally know him and you don't go taking pics of people without their permission just because you see a celeb. Being in a bad mood as it was, this just pushed him to the edge and I don't blame him. Sorry but I don't.

Anyone ever see the episode of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown when they took their kids out to eat at Great Adventure? People were lining up by the fence to watch them eat lunch with their kids..snapping pics, calling things, etc...all in front of the kids, too. No regard at all. It was sad to see..Whitney turned to a woman and said Ma'am please! I'm eating with my kids! THis twit still didn't back off. When people act like this and infringe on your privacy and personal space, they get what they deserve. This woman that had her camera broken by Vince is lucky that's all he did. moron.

Prancy

I checked and confirmed that this man is very violent, has been convicted of several assault charges. He also killed a friend and seriously injured 2 other people in 1984 while driving drunk. I don't think he cares about anyone but himself. If was indeed drunk while driving again, he needs a long prison sentence.

CGS

Idiot. he needs to see jail time. His past alcohol related accident needs to be considered. He already got a pass.

shawn

I agree the crue rock and so does Vince. He is far from being washed up, the crue still sell out everywhere. p.S Nikki is the man

I fit into my bikini!

Wow Prancy..what can we check and confirm about you? Are you perfect? Surely there are things in your past that you wouldn't want the world knowing. Even if you never had a dui that doesn't make you holier than thou, ready to jump on the internet digging up dirt about someone who you don't know but obviously has problems..does that make you feel better about yourself? Pathetic.Must be nice to have that kind of time on your hands.

theresablogwriterinmysoup

I'm loving all the "poor Vince" ****. "Poor Vince, he drove drunk, killed his friend and seriously injured two other people, boo-hoo-hoo! Poor Vince." Let me get this straight: he chose to drink, he caused the deaths one person and seriously ****ed up the lives of another two, and that give him the right to drink, drive and possibly hurt more people? Because he's the one who's suffering? Christ. And yes, his daughter died. Awful. But a lot of other people lose children, and a lot of those people don't run around engage on activities that can seriously hurt another person.

And as for digging up dirt, **** anyone who's read The Dirt, or watched VH1 knows about Vince's past. It's not like he lives a very private life. it doesn't take some serious time on the internet to discover that in 1984 a drunk Vince hit another car, killing Nicholas "Razzle" Dingley, and injuring the two passengers in the other car. But to you know what's hard to find? The names of the other two people he hurt. But to hell with them. Vince is a RAWK STAR.

Alexander

Lets be clear on a couple things, 1) Yes Vince was in a drunk driving accident that kille Razzle from Hanoi Rocks. That was 26 years ago. He didn't set out to kill razzle as many insinuate- they were both drink, they had been partying all night, and they decided together to go to the liquer store. Mistake yes, huge mistake- and extremely unfortunate. 2) Does Vicne have a drinking problem- yes, of course he does. So when you read he has been sober for 3 years- he probably has- or as close to it as a rock star can be. Clearly he has an addiction, as every member of that band- and most bands do. To suggest that he must be drinking tequila becuase he has a Tequila business is just stupid. He has that becuase of his name, and who he is- its pretty darn good marketing. At least it was until this- but it does not mean that he's not fighting everyday to be sober- its called business. I feel bad for Vince. this guys is a true rock star in every sense- and yet he had seemed to really start getting it all together.. Motley has been touring, and touring well, he has various business ventures, and he seems really happy when ever he's interviewed. I hope he gets past this- keeps working on being sober- and just being a good person.

Louie

LOVE THE MAN, yes vince made a big mistake! Vince is one of the nicest guys you can ever meet, he has a big heart and has lots of issues like we all do in life, some are worse then others. I do not know how this man goes on? Meaning vince lost his daughter to cancer years ago, you CAN NOT image what goes on in his head dealing with a death of his baby girl. Not making any accusses for him. But i would not want to go through what that man has gone through. I hope everything works at for Vince and his wife. They are 2 great people. Love you Vince hang in there. Louie from NJ.

cynical me

That's right, because the "Crue" still sells out arenas it is totally ok for this fat bastard to drive drunk and endanger innocent people. Lets see if you feel this way when he kills one of your family members next time.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments