Clooney -- Nearly Blasted in Fireworks Explosion

7/6/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Clooney barely escaped a 4th of July disaster in Italy this weekend -- when a firecracker exploded right next to a boat carrying the actor, his girlfriend ... and another A-list celebrity.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt
Clooney -- along with his GF Elisabetta Canalis, Uma Thurman, and several other friends -- was  floating on Lake Como ... when the explosion rocked the boat.

So far, it's unclear if anyone on board was injured in the blast.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

marmot

Too funny, Dawn. Skanknalis is talented? I guess you haven't seen Leverage lately. All of the pics of these two are staged. It's common knowledge on entertainment blogs at this point. He's not happy in these pics. He's drunk.

Uh?

I have to agree with marmot here. I don't know that he's drunk but those are two phoney smiles on the pair of them; if you want to see gc smling genuinely look at the photo of him on the krasinski love boat. there he looks happy. maybe canalis is still practicing here lines from leverage "i think its cute" and george is laughing his ass off.

marmot

Maybe it's a technicality, but I still have to give him credit. He took a separate boat to the wedding party yacht, so technically, he did not "take" her there. I will go see "The American."

friendofclooney

LEAVE GEORGE ALONE. WHO CARES WHO IS DATING OR HAVING SEX WITH AT THIS TIME. HE IS FILTHY RICH AND HE CAN BUY LOVE IF HE HAS TO. I HOPE HE HAD A SEX WITH EVERYONE ON THE BOAT AND HAD A GREAT TIME DOING IT. GO GEORGE GO!!!!! MORE POWER TO YOU!!!!

jim

looks like he had a close escape it wouldend do to get blown up by a firework/a>

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5