O.C. Housewife: My Kids Fell in the Pool Because ...

7/9/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A "Real Housewives" star is finally explaining how a stroller carrying two of her daughters managed to roll into a swimming pool last weekend -- and according to Alexis Bellino, it all has to do with the brake.

0709_bellini_BN_01

Bellino -- who stars on "The Real Housewives of O.C." -- posted a blog saying, "Our girls were in their stroller and I thought I had put the brake on, but apparently I didn't." As TMZ first reported, the parents weren't paying attention ... and the stroller rolled into the pool.

The reality star then explains that her husband "instantly" jumped in after the kids and plucked both of them out of the water before their heads went under the water.

Bellino notes that there's a lesson parents can learn from the incident -- "never take our eyes off the children for even a second when near water."

sylvia

Between the two nannies always in tow and two clueless parents....how sad for these poor children.

zippow

You mean they went somewhere without their Nanny?????

mike

Duh... really? Gee thanks for letting me know... I was planning on tossing my kid in the pool so I could get a smoothie.

STOP BREEDING RIGHT NOW.

bagladey

Sounds like negligence to me.

Geoff

Breaking News? I think that mankind has known that about gravity for a while now. Most of us also know that if you leave a stroller at the top of a slope without the brakes on it will roll down the slope. At least it happened near a pool with lots of people, instead of near a busy intersection.

Maureen

She looks like the Waffle Whiffer and Jim looks like that "Kilroy was here" cartoon from World War II. Poor kids probably took the brake off themselves with that gene pool.

Trish

At least it wasn't as bad as that woman that let the stroller roll in front of a moving train.

rexcars

I'm sure she was more concerned about herself than the kids.

R

Dumb and dumber parents. And she's preaching to others? Show of hands as to how many of you with children had them in a stroller without the brakes on right by a pool and the stroller and kids went into the pool?

Muppet

@#3 Kelly ..I had to LOL after reading your post. You said exactly what I was thinking.

Nancy miller

Why is a child that age still wearing diapers???

denisita

NO S**T SHERLOCK!! Any GOOD mother or father already knows that. What a completely irresponsible mother she is. First she "forget's"to set the brake!!!, then walks away to chat with friends!!! I worry about the future safety of those kids.
My two year old fell in the pool once. I was right there and got her out in 2 seconds. it does happen. Her negligence is what is so shocking.

Jenny

Hubby says "No lifeguard was needed" yet a lifeguard was the first one in the pool to reach the stroller.

Now the brakes. I believe she "borrowed" that excuse from the Bravo website where somebody said "next time set the brakes".

I'm sure Alexis has no idea stollers have breaks, her Nannies yes, her I doubt it.

Scotty

Isn't that kid a little old for a pool diaper?

Muppet

@#32 Scotty. I agree, seems she doesn't know how to set a brake on a stroller near a pool or take the time to potty train. She should probably have someone else potty train before the child ends up falling in the toilet or something since it's just dawned on her that parents should watch their children around a pool.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments