Oksana's Dentist Offered Her Shelter from Mel

7/14/2010 6:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... the dentist who treated Oksana Grigorieva the day after the explosive January 6 blowup with Mel Gibson wrote a sworn declaration in which he says Oksana not only told him Mel had hit her ... but he was so concerned for her safety he offered to let her stay at his home.

0714_oksana_dentist_mel_EX_Getty_01

TMZ broke the story ... Dr. Ross Shelden will be a critical witness if criminal charges are filed against Gibson.  Oksana's lawyers asked Dr. Shelden last month to write a declaration detailing information he had about the incident and aftermath.

TMZ has learned what's in Dr. Shelden's declaration.  Dr. Shelden says he has known Oksana for 12 years.  According to the declaration, Oksana came in the day after the incident and told him Mel had hit her, but she was not more specific.  The doctor says in his declaration he saw evidence of "blunt force trauma" as well as physical damage.

Something significant -- in the declaration, Dr. Shelden says Oksana's teeth were not damaged ... just her veneers.  He says one veneer was knocked completely out and the other was broken in half.

The doctor wanted to take pictures of Oksana's mouth, but not to create a record for authorities -- he wanted them for his lab for the purpose of repairing the damage.

The doctor says Oksana did not want the pictures taken, and had expressly said she wanted to protect Mel.  But Dr. Shelden persisted and got the photos, although he says Oksana was so reluctant she would not look into the camera.

As we previously reported, Oksana insisted that Dr. Shelden keep the information confidential, which is why he did not contact the police.

Sources say Dr. Shelden says before Oksana even met Mel ... she had talked about how much she wanted to get married and have a baby.

lili

Are you guys crazzzzy??!

MEL IS PSYCHO!!!! I DON'T CARE WHAT OSLUTTA DID, MEL IS STILL PSYCHO!!!

Do you all forget Nicole who was KILLED BY OJ?!! No matter what she did, OJ was WRONG!!!!

Same here! Mel has threatened to bash her head with a bat, burn the house down, all while seriously hyperventilating like a luney toon! Are you guys that crazy?! No, I have NOT had these types of vile arguments with my hubby, never! The next step here is murder! I don't care if he socked it to her and scratched her tooth, knocked her veneers, or drilled a hole in her mouth, this guy IS SICK!!

STOPT THE MADNESS, STOP ACTING LIKE THIS IS NORMAL, THIS IS SICK AND OXSLUTTA NEEDS TO BE VINDICATED.

MEL IS A PATHETIC ALCOHOLIC, AND I HOPE NONE OF YOU FOOLS DEFENDING HIM HAVE TO EXPERIENCE THIS EVER! THIS IS SICK TALK!

YOU DEFENDERS ARE MORE FRIGHTENING THAN MEL, B;C AT LEAST HE HAD AN EXCUSE, HE IS A RAGING ALCOHOLIC, AND NEEDS REHAB, AND MENTAL HELP. ANYONE IS THEIR RIGHT MIND WHO THINKS SHE SET THIS UP WITHOUT HAVING BEEN CONSTANTLY SUBJECTED TO THIS IS SICKER THAN MEL!

Ron Golden

Obviously the dentist wants to lose some money too!
What a suck ass, trying to rebound on this douche nozzel.
her and Mel will reunite and claim it was all a publicity stunt. On a positive note: Its been reported that Brittney Spears can quit wearing undies again....WooHoo

Melania

He knew she wanted to "get married and have a baby?!" Who talks about that with their dentist? Last time I went to the dentist, I didn't do much talking at all, seeing as how I had my mouth opened with cleaning tools buzzing away in my ears. This guy is full of ****. And I bet he offered to let her stay with him. I guess ol' Oksana got a peek at his pocketbook, and it just wasn't enough for her.

fluffgirl

a punch in the mouth strong enough to knocked out 2 teeth would be enough to get mel arrested..in australia so why wasn't he..and were is the photo..????

they deserve each other

Oksana might want to NOT use the dentist as a witness if he can verify that she wanted to get married & have kids (ever see Irreconcilable Differences with Clooney & Zeta-Jones?), that only her veneers were damaged, & her teeth weren't knocked out as claimed. Mel is a hypocritical, violent ultra-Catholic who thinks Vatican II 1960...s reforms were too LIBERAL. He cheated on his wife with Oksana, wound up divorced & now has an extortion & custody battle. There is no fool like an old fool.

Diane

Both children should not be in her care. As for the dentist, was there more "drilling" at home?

Mr. Bate

He just wanted to fcuk her.

JR

With all the Mel defenders on this board, you can tell one thing for sure: Women are their own worst enemies.

Battle Axe

Comment #15 by Superman says, 'It sounds like battered wife syndrome'. I think it sounds like battered Mel. He's been battered, deep fried, and hung out to be drained.

Susan

Seems like the good dentist is trying to protect himself now. He broke the law by not reporting the abuse. That trumps dr/patient confidentiality, and he knows it.

Will to Self Motivate

Mel is an ultra-conservative Catholic, who is NOT supposed to get divorce. Catholics do not believe in divorce. They will cheat on their spouses rather than to divorce. Cheating's ok, divorce isn't. So, he's hyprocrite #1.

I was in a domestic violence relationship with my now-deceased husband (no, I didn't kill him), and it can be very embarassing to show people that you are in that type of relationship. People think you are weak, you can just get up and get out. It's not that easy.

Mel's words do sound like he's a wounded puppy (from love), but he is also a violent domestic partner (at least in this case it seems). His words speak VOLUMES.

Whether she "set him up" or not, he is still violent. His words speak VOLUMES. And, if he wasn't such a hot-head, her "setting him up" would not make him scream like a raving lunatic.

emerald

Sorry, so now it turns out the dentist offered her a bed and he's known her for 12 years!! No wonder he was so easy to stop from calling the cops lol!! Oskansa's lawyers can try to save this guys reputation anyway they like, but I WOULDN'T want him treating me!! What if it was vice versa and it was Mel he was friends with for 12 years and I had been assaulted would he still have not reported it?!
Right now if I was the dentist I would shut up, and not give t.v or media interviews grinning like some nutter - HE DIDN'T DO his job as is required by law in order for him to practice dentistry. He's not a doctor with patient/client confidentiality - Oskansa's lawyers have saved his bacon by saying it was such an arrangement, so I guess he'll be saying pretty much anything she or her lawyers want him to!! By admitting to all of this HIS motives now have to be questioned hm?! Any statement he makes has to be looked at as prejudiced and not impartial!!
Even if the law doesn't prosecute him, the board that licenses him needs to review whether he is fit to practice - I dread to think if he's this easily swayed what other crimes have gone unreported hm?!

Maat

Look at all of you commenting on these people like you know what is going on and all the motivations. The dentist is one of my best friends and has a good heart. He cannot win. So if he had reported the abuse and Mel then went after him with his attorneys where would he be? This is a no win situation.

Linda

YEAH RIGHT! I DO NOT BELEIVE A WORD OF WHAT THIS SKANK SAYS. IT IS AFTER ALL HERESAY SO TO SPEAK. THERE IS NO PROOF. I COULD SAY SOMEONE HIT ME TOO WHEN I INDEED FELL AND HIT MY FACE ON SOMETHING. THIS IS ALL BS AND I THINK OKSANA IS A BUNCH OF BS. SHE TRIED TO EXTORT OVER 10 MILLION FROM MEL. SHE HAS SAID OVER AND OVER SHE WAS AND IS BROKE. I THINK IT IS A SCAM. AND NOW MELS EX SAYING HE NEVER EVER EVER HIT HER EVER. YOU GOTTA WONDER. SUCKS TO BE FAMOUS.

Linda

This gal is a professional gold digger, she goes around as a wrecking machine to families, takes the man, gets knocked up and then all of a sudden creates so much drama that the man can no longer stand her underhanded low down ways. Send her butt back to Russia, she obviously is Russian and gives all Russian women a very bad name, what a disgrace, not just to Russian women but to all women. Mel is a drunk and does what drunks do when provoked. I do not for one minute believe he hit her unless she so provoked an attack that he just did not have the good sense to walk away, mainly because he is drunk and she took advantage for her own monetary purposes.