Lindsay Lohan -- Concerned About Viruses

7/15/2010 9:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is afraid that her upcoming jail stint will lead to an outbreak of viruses -- and now she's taking action to stop a potential epidemic ... that could infect your computer.

0715_lilo_BN_virus_getty_TMZ_02

Turns out, cyber criminals are creating fake Lindsay Lohan-related web pages in an attempt to dupe unsuspecting web-surfers into clicking on "poisoned" links ... links that could contain viruses programmed to steal your personal info.

Now, Lindsay has teamed up with Norton AntiVirus to combat the issue -- releasing the following statement:

“I know I am very newsworthy, especially with everything going on and I’d hate to see my current situation cause frustration or damage to my fans.”

She adds, “If my friends and fans want to know what’s going on with me, they need to stick to reliable news media outlets and not click on just any link in a search result. Better yet, please follow my Twitter feed and get the news straight from me!”

Norton tells us that fans should be especially cautious of links promoting things like, "Pictures from inside the jail cell? Lindsay’s jailhouse diary?!"

Jason Chambers

Who uses Norton? NOD32 is the best by far.

Nicole

Lindsay is awesome even being considerate of her fans when she is in this awful situation.

sharon

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, what fans??????? That is too funny, thanks for the laughs TMZ.

anony

“If my friends and fans want to know what’s going on with me...."

No, we TMZers just wanna know exactly when you crash and burn.

awards

Lindsay needs some throat yogurt to get better?

Joe Blow

Thank God for Lindsay Lohan! How else would I know not to click on that http://www.therealandtrueandsuperduperlindsaylohaniamnotaliarnoiswearimnot.com link?

LaToya Jackson

What a hot mess..

LaToya Jackson

Do these blow up shoes make my butt look FAT? *I'm just ask'en

electriczipper

lindsay is the cats meow,,she is on here way back to greatness,,such a sweety

beachkid

Are you talking about computer viruses or her innermost woman infection?

E.

"I know I am very newsworthy" You are a JOKE! Lindsay Lohan

timid

Good grief. Her tweeter feed....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP. YOUR DESPERATION IS SHOWING. NOT A GOOD LOOK.

sharon

I’d hate to see my current situation cause frustration or damage to my fans.”

ROTFL.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this is too hilarious. She is truly delusional .....

stacey

Someone has an inflated sense of self-importance.

Perhaps she's not aware that those infected websites pop up for every sensationalistic bit of gossip, and not just for her.

And perhaps she's also unaware that many of us just go straight to TMZ.

P.S. So she's going to be allowed to tweet while in jail? Or is she really, really counting on being able to stay in her lawyer's rehab facility where she'll be allowed to do whatever the hell she wants?

ó|ó

norton really sucks, how nice of them to peddle their crap with the lindsay wave of self-promotion up for grabs, norton anti virus is as hasbeen as lindsay

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments