Julianne Hough:

I Thought Seacrest

Was Gay!

7/22/2010 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a reason it took Ryan Seacrest such a long time to score a date with his new girlfriend Julianne Hough -- she thought she lacked the proper equipment ... genitally speaking.

072210_julianne_ryan_getty
Our spies in North Carolina tell us Hough was in town for her birthday dinner at a Morton's steak house the other night with a bunch of friends ... and at one point during the meal, she was asked, "How did you and Ryan get together?"

Julianne responded, "He was after me since I was 18 ... he totally wasn't my type ... I thought he was gay."

But Hough continued, "After a few years, he was persistent ... so I went out with him on a date and I realized how much I liked him."

We're told Ryan and Julianne have been together for a couple of months.

Seacrest ... out?

ellie

What an unclassy comment to make about someone you are involved with. T0TAL LACK OF RESPECT AND LOYALTY. STUPID GIRL!

FreakyDeaky

If your 32 year old friend told you he was hitting on an 18 year old, you'd tell him he'd lost it, right? If your 18 year old daughter brought home some 32-year-old dude, you'd tell her he was a sicko, right?

Why is this stuff OK in Hollywood?

Mikey

When they break up she'll be saying, "I was right, he is gay."

KellyR

I STILL think he might be gay (not that theres anything wrong with that)... Sorry Ryan :0)

Rich

Must be the big bucks he has and she is interested. What else could it be?

Lauren10

She *thought* he was gay... and now she is *sure.* LOL. He is gay as the day is long, you idiot.

Mike

I thought Ryan and Ice T were a couple, He was sucking Ryans pee pee the other night in NY and got arrested for indecent exposure

G.R.

Like this relationship will last. HAH!!! Come on.

josh

This is a perfect example of people in HollyWood being overpaid. When flims and all that came out in the 90s. It was something fun to watch and experiment with. Now they have people in HollyWood like Ryan who made more money then any of the judges. All for holding up a mic and asking

"How do you feel about that" It's just disgusting how much people actually need that money but it's going to funded for overpaid actors, dropping 50k at a "dinner" to look like a big shot. While people that actually work and do hard labor are getting paid way less.

Kathy

I thought he was gay too.

Celebrities Suck

don't feel bad I thought he was gay also. Sometimes when they look gay they might be gay, maybe not now but sooner or later they will come out of the closet look at Ricky Martin.

Great example Jim McGreevey New Jersey's 52nd Governor he was married and as we know he came out of the closet while still being married....

article http://nymag.com/news/politics/21340/

moe l.

Julianne - Your "boyfriend" has you as a girlfriend for appearances' sake. After he drops you off, he heads to West Hollywood.

anony

How much is he paying her to try to convince people he's not gay?
God knows he has the $$$.

becky

Why are people so quick to judge. I have been divorced from my husband for 5 years now and people are being to think that I'm gay also and I'm not about to sleep with someone I don't care about just to please others... I have not meant anyone yet that really stands up to my new expectations... and I refuse to lower them for those who wish to talk. Ryan is a very busy man most days he flies from one state to another and back to do shows is he suppose to nail every woman he runs into just to please over people... he has never striked me to be that way at all.

john johnson

news flash julianne....................HE IS GAY!!! this arrangement you and him got is nothing more than P.R.!