Suge Knight K.O. Kid -- Violently Choked Out

7/26/2010 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Greg the Barber -- the guy who famously knocked out Suge Knight -- was choked out in a violent nightclub altercation ... when a bouncer ran up from behind him and put him in a sleeper hold.

** Warning: This footage contains explicit language and violence **

The footage -- first posted on Friday by HoodNews.org -- shows Greg conducting an interview for some sort of Internet show in front of Wonderland in Hollywood ... when a bouncer knocks into him from behind.

Clearly upset, Greg aggressively confronts the bouncer -- when ANOTHER bouncer rushes in from behind and puts a death grip around Greg's neck ... until he passes out.

When Greg wakes up, he tries to find the man who attacked him ... even throwing punches at one point.

0726_knight_KO_footer

Jobe

The guy slapped it on and held it, once the victim lost consciousness, the bouncer released the hold, slowly lowered him to the ground, supported his head to prevent injury and did not attack him further when he was out.

CW

Lawsuit!!! Sue the club and make sure the bouncers are FIRED! This bouncer needs a good ass beating.....

Eddie

The guy deserved what he got. Clearly he is a trouble maker. If you watch the whole video, he tells the girl with the tattoo on her face that "if she burnt his house down, he would beat her up" or something similar to that.

The bouncers did the right thing. I'm glad they did it, because I needed something to laugh at. BUaha!!

April

White bouncer dude needs his a** kicked...what the hell is wrong with him? Then he stands there all stiff and ready to pounce cause he just sleeper hold some guy. WTF????? Is it legal to do that? Seriously can someone come up from behind and sleeper hold someone without cause? Messed up world.

vitalone

those bouncers are ***s and so is the guy with the dreads.. how u gonna let ur boy get choked out. es gsw 103

CD

That my friends is the proper application of a Rear Naked Choke. +10!

BarryH

Typical instance of a punk "NOBODY" bouncer manufacturing a situation for his own 5 seconds of fame on film. The PUNK obviously shoved the door on Suge while he was conducting an interview, just to get a reaction from him.

Suge was set up for a "sucker choke", and if I were the club owner I'd punch ever single one of those bouncers right in the FACE, then FIRE THEIR ASSES!

Chris

That bouncer is VERY lucky he didn't kill that guy. If i were the club I would immediately fire him, otherwise they're gonna get a major lawsuit when he DOES kill someone

Northerner

what a bunch of crap that was! the Nazi punk was right up in his face so of course he would push him back and his Nazi buddy comes up and puts a sleeper on him! what a bunch of BS, and then he wakes up and of course quickly gets to his feet wondering what the hell is going on so another white supremacist moves in and gets right into his face again? im glad this was on video and the cops put them skinheads in jail.

BouncersSuck

Bouncers in general are mentally young, intellectually challenged, insecure and scared.

They prefer to view themselves as warriors, or guardians against 'idiots'...but in truth they are simply over stimulated simpletons themselves; all-to-excited to employ their numeric advantage (or, "rush the bitch" - just so they understand) to physically seize the power they so desperately wish to achieve in life, away from their $9/hour grind.

I just love the dingleberries who post on here about the 'great choke technique' employed by the sneak-from-behind douche...LOL case in point: I wonder if he could parlay this epic learning into say, drawing smiley faces. I think most (average or above intelligence - so not bouncers) 10 year olds could execute a sleeper choke technique simply from seeing it on TV.

Bouncers take a class and then get even more excited because they feel like they now know something special. That douche was SO excited to come from behind and use his 'mad skillz'...LOLZ

Much like the town ogre, bouncers are to be both pitied and avoided at all costs.

Fo0tFrEaK4LiFe

Is Everybody really watching the Video? The Bouncers are clearly Skinheads, the 1st one said don't ever talk to me like that and the one who did the choking said watch what you say around here! SKINHEADS!!!!!!!!!!

THIN LIZZY

@86 The bouncer if they can prove that ****head had any training in a gym or dojo, he;s going to jail. Only time you can slap that move if it's life threatning danger. He held that choke longer than he should have, he's lucky dude was still breathing. Dude gonna get paid for this one, he was clearly provoked by the bouncer and his little butt-buddy came in for the kill. I study MMA and thai boxing. Those guys are lucky they don't run into people that actually know how to fight cuz it would be a bad day to be a bouncer

Elsa

"Call the poe-lease"...
What happended to stop snitching?

B-Rock

" I'm not going to try to justify the application of the choke, but I think people are getting a little carried away when they talk about how dangerous the choke was. When applied properly, blood chokes like that one pose very little risk. After about five years of Jiujitsu, I've been choked out and choked other people out dozens of times. Those are the times I didn't tap or they didn't tap. If you count the times where I've been choked and tapped before going out, it's probably well over 100. It just simply isn't dangerous as long as you don't keep cranking on it after they tap or go out.

He executed the technique perfectly and safely. Again, I'm not trying to say it was needed in the first place and I don't think it needed to happen at all, but it's not some grizzly, horrible, violent, act. It's just a choke and people that are used to applying techniques like that realize it's not really a big deal. It's scary when it's being applied to you and you're not used to it, but it's relatively painless when compared to the alternatives. "

The problem is that you are describing competitions where you know there are refs and other people around to make sure safety is taken into account. You also know that the guy you are up against has proper training.

How the hell are we supposed to know that this guy isn't just some meathead who watches a lot of UFC and so considers himself "an expert"? All he's shown in this video is that A) he knows how to choke someone out, and B) he has ABSOLUTELY no clue when to resort to a move like that.

How do we know he didn't just get lucky by copying a choke he sees on tv, and very easily could have done serious damage to the guy if he had done it wrong?

I'd love to see this bouncer working at a subway or something with the kind of rational thinking he showed here when someone JUST got upset with a friend of his. "Excuse me kid, I want more mayo on my sandwich" **CHOKE HOLD** "Damn Mike, that's the 5th customer you choked out today... I told you before I don't mind putting on more mayo... Damn..."

Either way, this was 100% assault and should be charged as such. With the video evidence as well showing it was 100% un-provoked, should be an easy case.

Sean Bello

Those bouncers seem way out of line. If I was the owner of the club I would fire both of them. That's not keeping order in a legal way. Wow, what bunch uneducated security thugs.