Mel and Oksana -- The Placenta Factor

7/27/2010 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that on the day Oksana Grigorieva recorded Mel Gibson's infamous rant, the two had engaged in a special ceremony  that included their daughter's placenta ... and a tree.

0726_mel_oksana_getty_exd
Hours before Mel lost his cool on the phone on February 18, he and Oksana were in the backyard of his Malibu mansion ... watching as a gardener planted a Santa Lucia fir tree in honor of their daughter Lucia.

But that's not all that went in the ground that day -- sources close to Oksana tell us the couple also buried the placenta from the birth of their then 3-month-old daughter Lucia ... a tradition in some parts of Australia ... where Mel grew up.

We're told Mel did this placenta ceremony for all of his children.

The source also says during the ceremony the gardener made an innocent comment and Oksana smiled at him. We're told that's what set Mel off.

As we first reported, Mel then accused Oksana of having an affair with the gardener  ... and that's when all hell broke loose.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Tired of toxomom

She buried the placenta several months after birth? I'm surprised. I would have thought the she-wolf would have eaten it.

jus-sayin

To bad we cant bury them.

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes! Sounds yummy!

beachgal

Mel went back to eat it so no one else could have it.

Ehécatl

Wasn´t there a dingo they could give it to?

Gogo

TMZ - The Mel Zone

Is TMZ now all about Mel and Okasana???

Enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horndog

Thanks a lot TMZ. I was eating scrambled eggs and salsa as I read this story.

My two cents ;)

That's one kinky gardener.."Hey baby, tell ur momma nice placenta!" "I could give her another!" Seriously Mel u are nutz! There is no help for creeps like you!

Cazale

The Tree Man Ox was humping planted the placenta.
... my mind has just been blown in a few directions at once.
Poor Mel.

Gene

TMZ I think you got it wrong, Mel accused Oksana of flirting with the Gardener, not sleeping with him. And who cares what they put in the ground with that tree, and who cares that they even planted a tree. It's the alleged abuse, the alleged abuse photos etc. that people are posting about. Gosh this is worse than Lindsay Lohan cried her first night, or took her first bowel movement in Jail.

michael

I took a look at the so called abuse photos of Oink$$ana...
Is it just me, or is there no bruise?
All i see is a blue vein running around the eye and age spots that's usually covered with inches of makeup.

Gina

I am born and bread Australia and have NEVER heard of such a tradition....WTH??? I also know where Mel was raised and the only traditions that come from there are hanging out at the local drinking cold stubbies!!!(beer)

Joi

This was a very moving ceremony. I would think most women would appreciate a man showing such love for their daughter.

If you are a person who is looking to get a big payday, this would be the perfect opportunity to set someone off. Mel may have been mean (okay, extremely mean), but this woman obviously knew what it took to push his buttons and just happened to have her little tape recorder ready to do***ent the explosion.

jus-sayin

#7 hornhog....good one! HAHA!

Sqiggy

Apparently all you pro Mel people should rethink your positions he was stone cold sober when he made those rants and death threats and now this. Wasn't this dude in therapy and recieving daily spiritual advice from a pastor at his church? Lol guess he didn't take any of the advice. Anyway I don't believe he's sober there was a post here on tmz before the tapes broke of him at some rib place looking annoyed with fans and he looked somewhat drunk to me not for sure but atleast he looked it.

He's alot more disturbed and weird then you thought he was huh.

He's like a character straight out of the twilight zone.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments