Kara DioGuardi -- Out at 'American Idol'

7/30/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the "American Idol" negotiations tell TMZ Kara DioGuardi has judged her last contestant on "American Idol" -- because she's been fired.

Kara DioGuardi
We're told the show will be going back to a three-judge format and assuming all deals are finalized, the judge's panel will consist of Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.

We're told the only way Kara could get a reprieve is if the J-Lo deal falls apart -- but we're told that deal is done.

Ellen DeGeneres announced earlier Thursday that she was leaving the show after just one season.

0730_idol_launch

moveover

Signing on NOW as a judge on this show is like joining the crew of the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. They're not joing a winner .... it's downhill from here.

Kelly

Wendy Williams!!

moveover

The new additions fit this show's M.O. perfectly! Hire two older, washed up has-beens from the past to tell America's youth which lame ass karaoke singers they should be idolizing! LOL ... Pathetic!

Sheryl

What the hell took so long? She added nothing to the show. Thank God, she's gone!

Pete

American Idol is stupid!! They should NEVER have let Paula Abdul walk. They're idiots.

Joe Blow

Randy Jackson? Cool, an Idol mainstay. No problem there.

Steven Tyler? Been in the music business for like a 100 years or something now, can't wait to hear him juke and jive while he's telling some random chick that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Because he wants to get them into bed.

J-lo? Ugh, lost me there. Not a good choice, not good at all. She must be hard up for a payday.

Well, I think it's official, as if it wasn't obvious when Simon left this season and Paula last one. RIP American Idol. You had a good run and some funny moments here and there, but it's time to give the eulogy.

Pete

Jennifer Lopez!? WTF!? She is a horrible pig! No one likes her anymore. She's a nasty b*tch! Bye-bye idol.

Whatever

Too funny. J-Ho can not even sing. So, how in the hell can she judge a singing competition? Stick a fork in this show already, it's done!

Joe Blow

Hey, thanks a lot Sandy! Now I won't be able to sleep at night. What happens when I gotta pee? I'm not going to be able to get out of bed without fear of Obama reaching out from under the bed to grab my ankle and drag me down to Boogie-land.

s rodier

just cancel the she show! with pretty much a new panel, it won't be the same.........i am sure it's gonna be it's last season

Tony

Stephen Tyler? Gag! That does it for me. I agree with #14. Just cancel the show. They can't find any talent to judge anyway. I doubt if anyone but a couple million 12 year old girls will be watching anyway.

Kathy

FINALLY, Someone gets it!!!!!!!!! "NO-ONE" likes/liked nor cares/cared for "Kara"! I quit watching the show after Paula left and the first time I watched "Kara" "trying" to take her place! She truly makes me sick to watch her "trying" her best, to be "Paula"! "Kara" seemed to be so fake, whining all the time, she brought "nothing" to the show! Now that "Simon" has left the show, I truly believe they should just "shut the show down"! I never see it going any where anymore, plus, it has all just become a "joke" without "Simon & Paula"! It is truly a waist of time/money! This show has seen it's day, there is no need to keep dragging out what should have been done the day, that Simon left! TRASH IT along with Kara!!!!!!!!

Dennis Johnson

Good as she SUCKED!

Katie Perry's Mini Bar Snatch

YES!!! I have thought Kara brought the show down since she first came on. 4 judges was a stupid idea. I'm no fan of JLo, but I think the panel of Randy, JLo and Steven could be pretty interesting. No one can replace Simon sadly.

allygirl_2002@yahoo.com

HUH?? J-Lo can't even SING! She's horrible. Can you imagine her diva demands?? Jess Simpson would have been better or even Britney. Kara brought authenticity to the panel because she's been in the music business for years. Not a good move, Idol. Steven Tyler is a has been. Harry Connick or Nigel would have been better!I WILL NOT BE WATCHING!