Steven Tyler's 'A.I.' Move

Won't Affect Aerosmith Tour

7/31/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler will be crazy busy traveling the country if he becomes the next judge on "American Idol" -- but TMZ has learned the biggest show on TV won't get in the way of the rocker's concert tour.

Tour
Aerosmith is currently in the middle of a nationwide tour aptly named "Cocked, Locked, Ready to Rock!" -- and the tour is scheduled to roll through the end of September ... long after production begins on "Idol."

A rep for the band still won't confirm that Tyler is locked up for "Idol" -- but she did tell us that no matter what, "The Aerosmith tour will continue on for its full scheduled run with Steven Tyler."

The life of a rock star is never boring.

bmull

Most overrated band ever.

Cartman

Seriously, when does an old man like him recognize his age?

I woulda retired ten years ago if I was him.

Ginaelise

I love aerosmith, but please don't seek out. AI is sellout land,

bmull

No way G. The only thing Steve Tyler ever made that I liked was his daughter.

Ginaelise

Your putting yourself in the same class as Paula, is that really where you want to go? boooo, please no.

Tony

I'm sorry but Tyler is far too difficult to look at for any length of time. The dude is butt ugly and weird!
As for Lopez, have you ever tried to listen to her talk? Like listening to someone with a mouth full of marbles.
I don't know what would have made me watch idol this season..but..I do know this group will not.
Count me out! My idol watching days are over!

twilightmom

Why does that old man bother? Don't have enough cash? Not enough brain-dead chicks following you around? Can't find more without the road? Seriously, when does an old man like him recognize his age? I woulda retired ten years ago if I was him.
Posted at 12 :31 AM on Jul 31 , 2010 by Cart man

Cart man,
Uhhh....helloooo! Ever hear of Mick Jagger? He's older than Steven Tyler, but BOTH are still filling stadiums !!!
You one of the young ones whose idol is Eminem? (although I have to admit I'm liking A LOT of the stuff I'm hearing off of "Recovery") or Lady Gaga? Maybe Slipknot?
This guy and others have been around for DECADES!!!
And you want to know WHY they're still around? Because they love what they're doing, they're still having fun, and they're fans still LUV them. We WANT them out there!
These guys are legends, and are from the days where you had to have REAL talent to make it and stay in it. These groups out now have no staying power, most will be forgotten within 10 yrs.

Sandy

What Simon brought to American Idol was a very cutting wit which was balanced by Randy's "yo, Dawg" and Paula's "I see the colors in your song". They had a weird chemistry but it worked. Steve Tyler and JLO are both very good at what they do but I just don't see them creating "magic" as AI judges. They are just not smart or witty enough to pull it off. If AI could have gotten Elton John it may have had a shot. As it stands now, the only thing that comes to mind is a line from a Jim Morrison song..."this is the end"...very sad...I have been an AI fan from the start. RIP

Klipper

What the hell is a ROCK LEGEND like Steven Tyler doing judging this crappy amateur kareoke show? They must have thrown a boatload of cash at him.

I understand Jennifer Lopez though. She'll be like eveybody else that has ever been a host on that show. Talentless.

I have NO clue what's so appealing about this dumb show. Just head down to a local bowling ally on karaoke night and watch a bunch of talentless hacks sing.

Originalkat

AI is over. This is the last season.

Dennis Johnson

I never saw anything to the band and nevver paid to go see them.I would not go see them for free.

Truth

HE'S DOING IT FOR THE CASH. NOT THAT HE NEEDS IT. AEROSMITH WAS NEVER MUCH OF A CHARTING BAND. THEY ONLY HAD 2 #1 HITS - EVER! MOST OF THEIR WORK DIDNT EVEN MAKE THE TOP 20. THE REASON THERE'S NO CONFIRMATION CUZ HE'S THINKING WHETHER THIS IDOL CRAP WILL RUIN THE REST OF HIS CAREER, EVEN THO HE'S 62. HAHA. PEOPLE FORGET THE DUDE IS IN THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME W/AEROSMITH AND RANKED #99 ON ROLLINGSTONES 100 BEST SINGERS. PLUS HE PLAYS EVERY FREAKIN INSTRUMENT AND CAN CRITICIZE THE BUFFOONS WHO BRING A GUITAR ON STAGE AT IDOL. THAT WILL BE EFFING FUNNY.

ama

Ugh great now we're gonna have to see his and Jennifer Lopez's face everywhere and hear every annoying detail of their lives, that's just great.....

Lucy

Maybe the contestants should judge the judges talent. :)

Cynstriss

What a horrible ending to what was a fun way to spend an evening. Jennifer Lopez is way too self centered, all about herself. Plus I can't stand her annoying voice. And who thought Steven Tyler was a good fit? I just don't see it. He probably won't show up half the time, just like he does when on tour with the band. I will miss AI, and do not plan on watching this season. Sorry Randy, I love you dawg, but I can't hang with the others.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments