Steven Tyler on 'American Idol' -- 'I'm Doing It!'

8/2/2010 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler laid to rest  the question of whether he's going to be a judge on the next season of "American Idol" -- when the Aerosmith frontman nonchalantly told cameras Saturday night, "I'm doing it ... What do ya think? I'm doing it!"

UPDATE: "Idol" executives are being far more coy than Tyler -- because they told reporters today that "no one has signed a deal on either side of the camera who wasn't on the show last year."

0802_steven_tyler_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

yerppi3

I LOVE Steven so much, but I hate american idol. Lets be real, no matter WHO they pick to be the new american idol judge...no one is going to be happy with it. No one. Simon is irreplaceable and no fan of idol will be satisfied with any new judge.

yerppi3

#37, you must be 12 years old. Steven isn't a "has been" you dumbass. Aerosmith has been huge since the 1970's, and they are STILL selling out concerts right now. It's like saying mick jagger is a "has been". Just because they aren't 25 anymore and all over pop magazines like talentless hacks such as lady gaga...doesn't mean they're has beens.

BeKewl

Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 9 “Son of man, prophesy and say, ‘Thus says the LORD!’ Say:

‘ A sword, a sword is sharpened
And also polished!
10 Sharpened to make a dreadful slaughter,
Polished to flash like lightning!
Should we then make mirth?
It despises the scepter of My son,
As it does all wood.
11 And He has given it to be polished,
That it may be handled;
This sword is sharpened, and it is polished
To be given into the hand of the slayer.’
12 “ Cry and wail, son of man;
For it will be against My people,
Against all the princes of Israel.
Terrors including the sword will be against My people;
Therefore strike your thigh.

Jan T.

Awesome choice. Tyler is one of the greats of all time. He may have made a few mistakes along the way but who hasn't. The addition of Tyler will keep all of the contestants on their toes. Good Job!!! I'll be watching.

queti

thank god ellen and kara r gone i wanted them out
this show shall be interesting i mean they are musicians after all

BOUDINAR

hello my nom is BOUDINAR YOUSSEF searching for happiness?
for your life? enter for my site:www.islam-guide.com ok pleas enter for my site pleas for happines
ok thank you and by

Aprylo

They should try and get Gene Simmons. He is a producer and has a good ear. I am sure it would cost a fortune but he would be good and entertaining.

Mary

Screw you Steven Tyler haters !!! He's still rockin !!!!

helen

Steven tyler probably won't be an asset to a "family" show.

NoAI

What were you thinking??? Steven Tyler!!?? I as well as so many more won't be watching. There are a couple executives that should be fired for this decision.

Michael

Steven Tyler is the lead singer of one of the most iconic Rock bands ever. Aerosmith defined Rock, they are the best rock band ever! The comments about his looks, etc.. are B.S.! What does that have to do with anything? He's the man and will make a great judge. For those that don't like it, just stick with the talentless Justin Beiber, Jonas Brothers etc.. bet you won't hear about them in a few years cause they suck!

Chester

They were talking on the radio a couple of weeks ago about steven Tyler doing this show & I couldn't believe all the negative stuff they had to say like "What does this guy know about the music business...HELLO??? I think this could be one of the most interesting seasons yet!!!

VNichols

Im glad Steven Tyler is on A.I he is Hilarious!

kim rodriguez

Steven Tyler is the only reason I watched Idol this past season. I like Randy and J lo, but Steven Tyler is hot!!!! I don't care how old he is. There is something very sexy about that guy!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5