Jillian Michaels Sued

'Potentially Lethal'

Diet Product

8/4/2010 7:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Biggest Loser" star Jillian Michaels was just slapped with another multi-million dollar lawsuit over her weight loss products -- and this time, it's about a detox supplement that allegedly "might kill you."

Jillian Michaels Lawsuit
The class action lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, was filed today in L.A. County Superior Court by a woman who only wants to be known by her initials -- R.D. -- due to her "very real fear of retaliation OR harassment by Defendants."

In the lawsuit, R.D. claims Jillian's "Triple Process Total Body Detox & Cleanse" diet supplement contains a "potentially lethal combination of toxic ingredients" ... and it "might kill you."

In the suit, R.D. lays out what she considers to be the risks associated with various ingredients in Jillian's product, including:

-- Irish Moss Powder ... "causes gastrointestinal ulcers" and is "so toxic that it is the gel commonly applied to aircraft wings to dissolve ice"
-- Bearberry ... "known to cause nausea and vomiting"
-- Yarrow ... "a toxic lawn weed that causes dermatitis"
-- Chinese Rhubarb ... "a harsh laxative and dangerous diuretic that can cause sever dehydration and may cause irreversible liver damage"
-- Fenugreek Seed ... "interferes with digestion and causes both diarrhea and gas"

R.D. is suing Jillian and Thin Care International for more than $10 million for "actively and fraudulently" conspiring to hide the alleged dangers of their product.

If this story sounds familiar, it's not the first ... second ... or even the third time Jillian has been sued by people who claim her diet products are potentially toxic.

No comment from Jillian Michaels' camp.

More Jillian Michaels

Carriss

This is EXACTLY why I don't use "supplements" to lose weight. And by the way, Fenugreek is used by new mothers to help increase milk production. I have 2 friends who have used it, and it works. It also makes you smell like pancake syrup. Not sure why it would be in a dietary supplement, but I have a feeling they just tossed in a bunch of useless junk, hoping the stupid dieters would buy it, and no one would notice that none of the ingredients really do anything to help you lose weight.

john johnson

how about checking to make sure the **** is first approved by the food and drug administration. if it isn't, then common sense should kick in.

who dat

My info is more interesting than TMZ's:

Name : Jillian Michaels
Eye Color : Green
Zodiac Sign : Aquarius
Sexual Orientation : Straight
Race or Ethnicity : White
Profession : Fitness Expert, Life Coach, Author, Radio Host
Major Genres : Reality-TV, Game-Show, Talk-Show, News
First Major Screen Credit : The Biggest Loser (2005)
Mother : Jo Ann McKarus (Psychotherapist)
Brother : Gregory
Half sister : Lauren
Career Highlights : KFI (640 AM), The Biggest Loser
Claim to Fame : As Trainer on the NBC weight-loss reality series "The Biggest Loser" (2005-2008)
Author Written : "Winning By Losing: Real Weight Loss For Real People"
Favorite Pets : Dog (Chihuahua) - named Baxter, 2 Horses - named Buzz and Mike Fish
Favorite Food : Anything with Chocolate or Peanut Butter
Favorite Song : "Change" by Tracy Chapman / "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone
Favorite Drink : Pordidio Tequila or Coke Zero
Favorite Celebrity : Hillary Clinton
Favorite Game : Dino Crisis on Playstation
Favorite TV Show : Six Feet Under
Favorite Pastime : Socializing with Friends
Favorite Movie : Thelma and Louise
Favorite Vehicles : 2 Motorbikes - Ducati Monster & KTM RC8
Favorite Color : Black
Favorite Accessory : IPod
Favorite Word : "F" Word
Favorite Place : Home
Bad Habit : Cursing
Saying : Drink It (In Your Face)

k

Fenegreek is used in a lot of Indian cooking, never done me any harm but then I'm just a fat person who cooks and eats too much

squeakermama

This chick (or dude) scares me. It's scary to look at.

mel

lets just sue the world jeez, & if shes getting sued, shudnt the companies making theese 'potentially lethal' weightloss pills be sued too??

Allisonian

I vote dude.

Natalie

After my dad's oncologist suggested that I google the 2 cancer drugs available for chronic leukemia so that we can choose the correct one and he died after 4 weeks of taking fludarabine - I remembered this thing called dowsing and learned more. If you ever want to know if something is not compatible with your system: Put the supplement on the right side of the table and your left hand on the left side of the supplement. With your right hand, hold the pendulum between your left hand and the supplement. Say "please check the compatibility" If the pendulum goes to the front and back creating a wall. Don't touch it. If the pendulum kind of builds a bridge between your hand and the supplement by swinging from side to side, I would say go for it. The stronger the swing, the stronger the compatibility is. I prefer the brass pendulums like an isis to the crystal ones because crystal has a mind of its own. If you want to know how to hold the pendulum, you put the string in a bunch in your fist. Gently loosen the string making it longer. Keep saying "please show me my wavelength" It takes a bit of practice and trust but when the pendulum starts to rotate that is your wavelength and that is the correct spot to hold the pendulum. If you want more rotation, if you double or triple that same length, it should also work.

k

Wow, I know Yarrow is a toxin! I'm not sure about the other things but I did see on the news a list of supplements to avoid and those containing yarrow was on the list.

Jillian is this decades "Susan Powter" remember her, bald blond from 90's? Yeah, she got sued many, many times.

I find her kind of manly looking and rude. lol

k

re this:

Measurements : 30-23-33

liar liar pants on fire. She looks a tad "sturdy" to me.

JungleTails com

SHE IS A CROOK!

Kate

I take large doses of Fenugreek Seed everyday as a nursing mother...It has long been used for milk supply. It is hardly dangerous, let alone lethal. Yarrow is also used by nursing Moms for mastitis...If you can take it while nursing, it is not dangerous.

stephanie

BOGUS!!!! I was actually intrigued until I saw Fenugreek on there that is given to millions of women a day to help in breastmilk production and is encouraged by OBs and lactation consultants worldwide! So this are just greedy asses who are tring to profit off of Gillians fame and sucess!

KrystalT

I wonder if RD is suing Coca-cola. That stuff can take acid off car batteries. I'd be more concerned about that

herb gardener

I don't know about Chinese Rhubarb or Bearberry, but Fenugreek and Yarrow are fine to take from what I understand. I don't know what the purpose of the Irish Moss is but it's used in beer brewing so I doubt it's that toxic. I myself am doing Weight Watchers right now - I believe the way to lose weight is to eat less and move more - I do take supplements but not for weight loss. Exercize and not eating too much - that's my weight loss program!