Jillian Michaels Sued

'Potentially Lethal'

Diet Product

8/4/2010 7:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Biggest Loser" star Jillian Michaels was just slapped with another multi-million dollar lawsuit over her weight loss products -- and this time, it's about a detox supplement that allegedly "might kill you."

Jillian Michaels Lawsuit
The class action lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, was filed today in L.A. County Superior Court by a woman who only wants to be known by her initials -- R.D. -- due to her "very real fear of retaliation OR harassment by Defendants."

In the lawsuit, R.D. claims Jillian's "Triple Process Total Body Detox & Cleanse" diet supplement contains a "potentially lethal combination of toxic ingredients" ... and it "might kill you."

In the suit, R.D. lays out what she considers to be the risks associated with various ingredients in Jillian's product, including:

-- Irish Moss Powder ... "causes gastrointestinal ulcers" and is "so toxic that it is the gel commonly applied to aircraft wings to dissolve ice"
-- Bearberry ... "known to cause nausea and vomiting"
-- Yarrow ... "a toxic lawn weed that causes dermatitis"
-- Chinese Rhubarb ... "a harsh laxative and dangerous diuretic that can cause sever dehydration and may cause irreversible liver damage"
-- Fenugreek Seed ... "interferes with digestion and causes both diarrhea and gas"

R.D. is suing Jillian and Thin Care International for more than $10 million for "actively and fraudulently" conspiring to hide the alleged dangers of their product.

If this story sounds familiar, it's not the first ... second ... or even the third time Jillian has been sued by people who claim her diet products are potentially toxic.

No comment from Jillian Michaels' camp.

More Jillian Michaels

Stratcat

Jillian is a piece of crap. She makes millions off selling unsafe products to overweight people with the false promise that the product will make them healthier and slimmer. Some may ask why anyone would buy these types of products...well just read some of the comments from the majority of the "people" on here and you'll see.

tyler

Usually when someone sues someone its because a person has already died from it. Sueing on the pretext that "it might cause death" seems pointless and without merit.

dd

@67 You took the words right out of my mouth. (jill)

pcox

I don't think she's going to get anywhere with her lawsuit.
She's suing for "actively and fraudulently" covering up the toxicity of her ingredient. She has to (1) show these ingredients are toxic, (2) show they are toxic in those dosages and when taken as directed, then (3) show there is a cover-up. R.D. would put forth $$$ trying to follow through with her suit, and then to actually win is another story. I wouldn't take it, but I'm siding with Jillian's team on this one.

janet

Homosexuality nothing new. When needed use the constitution. Married, legal by law, when it doesn't work out...now what? re-use the constitition?

Julia

What a load of crap. Another greedy money maker. Why are people allowed to sue ove everything in America. Most countries allow the proper authorities to sue if theres a health issue for punitive damages so the company doesn't try it on again. And people who are proven to be hurt or affected in the process are given a real amount for damages! (and I don't see poisoning issue here, most of these things are commonly used and in Europe are medicines!) Just another greedy grubber.

anonymous

Another stupid lawsuit by some lazy obese person ......

rene

If you have money the people who live to sue will get you so watch your back and The judges who ok these law suits should stop. Do you know how much Mal-practice insurance physicians pay ?

JLS

Well, where is a class action when you need one? Sounds like there is something to all these allegations. Go for it. Who needs toxic diet products?!

RY

Ummmm fenugreek seed? That's a common spice used in indian cuisine.

sirrah

I still thank she has a greeeat body!

I wouldn't hesitate to bestow a 'bang' upon her anytime-ya know!

RC

Pfft...I drink Yarrow tea. It helps lighten heavy periods.

I know Jillian will put her name on anything for a dime, but this suit sounds more like the person is just pissed they didn't become a size 6 overnight.

miabella29

And what about all of the pills/drugs that the FDA puts out/approves??

me

Oh Wow. I think I would have been very mad at Jillian, if I would have got sick.

I would not have gotten sick though...cause I would not have bought that stuff to begin with. I believe in losing the old fashioned way, and a lot of water mellon. I have already lost 20 lbs this summer on water mellonn. I was not planning on it....It was just too hot to cook...and the water mellon tastes sooo good.

So now I keep water mellon in the fridge at all times. Heck it's cheap too.

c

Fenugreek is an herb used to promote lactation. I used to pick up a bottle of fenugreek pills from Whole Foods when I was breastfeeding. Thousands of women take large amounts of it for milk production and it is used in FOOD as well. Besides, it's ingested by newborns across the country (via breastmilk) and the wee little babies are just fine. Only side effect is it makes you (the mom) smell like maple syrup and you should not take it when pregnant in case it makes you contract your abdominal muscles. But you really can't take much of anything when pregnant anyway.

Anyhoo, this lady is out for the $$$$$$. What's new? Who isn't suing for a quick buck?