Jillian Michaels Sued

'Potentially Lethal'

Diet Product

8/4/2010 7:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Biggest Loser" star Jillian Michaels was just slapped with another multi-million dollar lawsuit over her weight loss products -- and this time, it's about a detox supplement that allegedly "might kill you."

Jillian Michaels Lawsuit
The class action lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, was filed today in L.A. County Superior Court by a woman who only wants to be known by her initials -- R.D. -- due to her "very real fear of retaliation OR harassment by Defendants."

In the lawsuit, R.D. claims Jillian's "Triple Process Total Body Detox & Cleanse" diet supplement contains a "potentially lethal combination of toxic ingredients" ... and it "might kill you."

In the suit, R.D. lays out what she considers to be the risks associated with various ingredients in Jillian's product, including:

-- Irish Moss Powder ... "causes gastrointestinal ulcers" and is "so toxic that it is the gel commonly applied to aircraft wings to dissolve ice"
-- Bearberry ... "known to cause nausea and vomiting"
-- Yarrow ... "a toxic lawn weed that causes dermatitis"
-- Chinese Rhubarb ... "a harsh laxative and dangerous diuretic that can cause sever dehydration and may cause irreversible liver damage"
-- Fenugreek Seed ... "interferes with digestion and causes both diarrhea and gas"

R.D. is suing Jillian and Thin Care International for more than $10 million for "actively and fraudulently" conspiring to hide the alleged dangers of their product.

If this story sounds familiar, it's not the first ... second ... or even the third time Jillian has been sued by people who claim her diet products are potentially toxic.

No comment from Jillian Michaels' camp.

More Jillian Michaels

janice

exactly people are sue happy, you have to get up off your but and move and incorporate that product to see results! this and other law suit that are this rediculous will never hold water in the court of law read the small print and the large print it says with a excercise and a well balanced diet you will lose weight on this diet plan! DUH!!!!!! I WONT FREE MONEY TOO BUT DONT BELIEVE ON SUIEING PEOPLE THAT ARE TRYING TO HELP FAT PEOPLE GET SKINNY, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

Noel

It could kill you, yes ... just like driving a car or walking down the street can kill you. With that said my next move is to sue Ford.

Kelly

If anyone wants to lose weight just switch over to foods that aren't processed!! The lbs will fall off...really!

About 5 years ago I started caring for my dying Mother in Law who was also diabetic. Since I prepared all of her meals, at least 3 a day + snacks, I had to learn to cook healthier for her. That is when I began reading labels, which in turn changed my eating habits and my life!!

My basic rule of thumb is; Read the ingredients out loud. If you cannot pronounce something...why are you eating it??! You'll be shocked at what is in your food!!

If something is in there just to extend shelf life what does it do to your body?! What abt artificial coloring?!

Eat only when truly hungry and stop when you're full!

Most of all, be careful these days cuz EVERYTHING says it's "healthy" or "organic" when alot of times it just costs more.

I have never been healthier or felt better. My blood pressure dropped so much that I pretty much don't need the meds that I have taken for the past 10+ years!!

Btw, I never had weight issues so this wasn't abt being thin for me. Although now my body is leaner and more proportionate.

katschy

Fenugreek seed is extremely common in African and Indian food, and is often used (ground and in capsules, or infused) to increase lactation. I'm pretty sure that the diagnosis that it causes diarrhea and gas should in fact say "*MAY* cause diarrhea and gas" - but then again, so can things as innocuous as milk or pasta, in people who are intolerant to them.

Justeace

1. DO NOT ENDORSE ANY DIET THAT CONTAINS DRUGS OR SUPPLEMENTS.
2. If you believe that a pill will help you lose weight instead of portion control, cardio exercise and weight training then YOUR AN IDIOT.

Good grief the public has a short memory. Don't you recall the miracle diet drug Fen-Phen, that actually lead to people's deaths.

The secret to weightloss is hard-work, physically and mentally. Boring and not the least bit sexy yet true.

Bubbles The Chimp

The suit forgot one side-effect: The product apparently makes you look like a man in makeup. Look at pics of Jillian... She is very manly looking. YUCK!!!!

tamara

People who use these scammy supplements are idiots. The FDA should regulate them. They're regulated in some other countries.

B

DUH...thats why all diet products are required to have labels advising you to consult your doctor BEFORE starting any diet or excercise regimen! If she consulted her doc and he/she gave the ok, without advising of the risks..the fault lies with the Dr. Sounds like Just another dirtbag trying to capitalize.....

TheUltraworld

She put her name on a product I doubt she ever used & knew nothing about it's contents.

Lyndsay

This is text book for class action suits, they can say whatever they want and just bash the celebrities reputation in an attempt to force them to settle. I'm a nutritionist and there's nothing dangerous about these products.

ManiacalZebra

If the ingredients are listed, why don't these people research what they are putting in their bodies?

Teri

This lawsuit is just an individual trying to sue and get rich from a celebrity. The products listed are fine to take in the doses listed on the packaging. If you overdose on anything it could be lethal, even water!

tyi

Irreversible is spelled correctly you read it incorrectly..@the first comment..

Superman

She's a bottom feeder just like Rachel Uchitel. She even looks like her. The only difference is the way they exploit people.

sandy

Most of you are idiots. Those herbs don't kill you, I've taken most of them, even mass dosed fenugreek and it made my boobs grow a cup. I think the US is a litgious place where any moron can file a claim. This is unsubstantiated and is curiously being demonized by ppl who probably have blind faith in the FDA. American's are so fat, it actually shocking. No good deed goes unpunished, this celebrity trainer simply wanted to help some fat asses get healthy, but like a scavenger RD (totally coward can't even divulge their own name) is seeking to sue. RD you suck! Half of you unhealthy uneducated slobs commenting here are just haters