'Queer as Folk' Star -- Lifesaving Maneuvers at LAX

8/5/2010 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Hal Sparks -- who starred on "Queer As Folk" -- may have literally breathed life back into a complete stranger last night ... by performing CPR on a man who collapsed at LAX airport.

0805_hal_sparks_Getty_EXD_01
According to a person on scene, a man between the age of 60 and 70 toppled over in the Delta terminal at around 11 PM last night.

We're told Hal rushed to the man's aid and began performing mouth-to-mouth, while a woman performed chest compressions. Medical aid showed up shortly after and the man was taken away.

Hal Tweeted after the incident, saying, "Just did CPR for the 3rd time in my life. What a night ... When they took him away he was breathing on his own ... Hope he makes it."

Hal later added, "Everybody NEEDS to take a CPR class. Out of 200 people only 2 of us new [sic] CPR ... okay enough preaching ... I need a nap."

Dee Madison

Hal who? what a coincidence.. hmmm .. amazing what PR people are doing these days to jump start their clients careers.. won't be long before Hal's a guest on Two and a Half Men.. I wonder how much the "sick" guy got paid...

philk0731

#34 - the guy was on a show called "Queer as Folk" which glorified them being flamers - so when you see a story about one of these guys (or queens) you are going to get the gay comments.

J.T.

Hal, that is awesome news. Can't wait to hear about when you are on the Stephanie Miller Show next. Great job!

Jdawg

Hal if you see me lying on the floor somewhere,,almost dead just keep walking.I don't know what you been sucking on and dont want you lips on mine.

rico

Hey, Hal. Sounds like you should follow your own advice and pick up a CPR refresher course. No more mouth to mouth is the new guideline.

LilCali

Hal is truly and amazing person!! A true hero. I love you, Hal.

Alynn

Hal Sparks is an incredible human being, who rushed to the aid of someone in dire medical attention. Without hesitation, he rendered aid. He is a straight man, who protrayed a gay character in one of the most exciting series of 'Queer as Folk.' I have the utmost respect for him and wish much success in his future endeavors.

wil

Hal, shave that pubic hair from your face. You are handsome but the facial hair makes you look like a douche.

Jizzle

The recommendation for chest compressions only assumes there is only one rescuer. With two rescuers, breathing for the patient is always recommended.

sylvie

I'm an orderly who works in a hospital in Canada ( I've done CPR a dozen times myself) and it's been known for a year now that mouth to mouth is not necessary anymore. I wonder, though, if they have portable defribrillators at LAX- they have them at every public facility here- having those and learning CPR increases survival tenfold! people should learn how to do CPR though!

robert h

Hal Rocks!

OooooNooo!

Miss him on Talk Soup. Reminds me a little bit of Daniel Tosh on Tosh.O

C

He is a TRUE HERO for saving a total stranger's life. Everyone needs to follow his lead.

lauren

None of you have any idea what a hero this man is. While 200 people in a security line scurried away someone stepped to the plate and saved someone's life. Hope someone is around when something like that happens to you.

DIMO

This guy is a fame seeking, self promoting little twerpy creep. I would not be surprised to learn the whole thing was a PR stunt!! This JERK spoiled my fav radio show (Stephie Miller).....I just don't care to listen anymore.........he BOMBED on the View and Joy Behar's show..........Hal, you're such a super star, YEA RIGHT.....get over your little itty bitty self.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments