Conrad Murray Wrongful Death Suit Tossed ... Almost

8/6/2010 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray could be temporarily off the hook in the federal wrongful death lawsuit involving Michael Jackson -- all because Joe Jackson left some key information out of the paperwork.

0807_murray_jackson_EX
TMZ has learned a federal judge is taking Jackson and his attorney Brian Oxman to task for failing to specify where two of the defendants -- health clinics where Dr. Murray practiced -- conduct their business.  Without that information the judge can't determine if the federal court has jurisdiction over the case.

The judge has given Jackson one week to amend the complaint or have the suit tossed.

Even if this case is dismissed, Dr. Murray might not be fully in the clear. Jackson has a lot of options -- including refiling the federal suit with Murray as the lone defendant.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

DP

Goodmorning!

Grump

Get with it Joe!! Come'on you were always on top of things back in the day!

I'm sure good ol' Joe won't fail!!!

Mimi from Indy

Good Evening DP!

Mimi from Indy

Another day and another Murray story. TMZ will post new stories every day till the Prelim I bet.

kim

hey does anyone remember when this suit was first filed and it wasn't right and they had to fix it? was this the same reason? is tmz respinning a story? the search function on here is making it a little hard right now to find stories real fast

Grump

I also bet on that MFI!

Mimi from Indy

At least Joe and Oxman have one week to amend their complaint.

FlowerPower

Kim, see http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/25/joe-jackson-michael-jackson-wrongful-death-lawsuit-conrad-murray

Sonicman

Mimi from Indy

Kim ~ I actually can't remember when Joe & Oxman filed. And I'll bet it will be like a treasure hunt trying to fine the article now.

FlowerPower

I hope Joe takes him to the cleaners. Oh I forgot, he already is there:-)

Mimi from Indy

Sonicman ~ Sorry, we beat you to the punch!

Grump

Yes Kim, I remember that and I am also having a hard time finding old post here, I am not sure if this is the mistake Oxman made when he first put the paperwork through.

kim

thanks flower for the link. i just read it and it didn't say what was wrong with it but it was kicked back and than they amended it. wonder if it was this

Mimi from Indy

Kim ~ It's hard to tell. From what I do remember Oxman made many mistakes even in the spelling. I guess he doesn't know how to do spellcheck. Duh!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments