JetBlue Memo -- Steven Slater Was Reckless

8/10/2010 7:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE 6:45PM PDT: Slater's $2500 bail was posted, and law enforcement sources tell us he left the jail within the last 15 minutes.

TMZ has obtained an internal memo emailed to JetBlue inflight crew members, making it perfectly clear -- the airline is pissed at Steven Slater.

0810_jetblue_launch_MEMO_EX

According to the memo ... before Slater went into high-drama mode, the plane was already parked, attached to the jetway and the passengers were in the process of deplaning.  According to the memo, sent by Vicky Stennes, VP of Inflight Experience, "...the forward service door was purposely re-armed and the slide intentionally deployed, endangering lives and equipment."

The memo goes on:  "Some media outlets are portraying yesterday's event as a humorous example of what individuals may consider doing at a point in their careers -- walking off the job in a very public fashion.  However ... deploying a slide is a forceful event and yesterday's deployment endangered, and could have severely injured or even killed."

The memo also offers crew members counseling ... we're guessing it's not about deploying the slide.

naplessell

did't anyone read the memo about testing the slide today? gee, am i the only one?

pcox

This contradicts a statement JetBlue released yesterday which stated the no passengers were ever endangered or threatened. Which is most likely true. There's no way deploying the slide endangered other passengers.

Blowing your top and making a fashionable exit is a much better alternative to blowing your top and beating the passenger unconscious.

I hope the judge lets him off... the guy worked for JetBlue for 20 years!

Scott

Okay before I judge I need more info......did he look out the window or door before deploying the slide? If so he knew he was in the clear and no one would be hurt, if not he is an idiot.

Second he has a a union where are they? if he was indeed doing his job and got cussed out then hit in the head by a falling bag when the passenger should not have been out of there seat that is indeed asault. I had heard this woman was a lawyer if anyone knows please post I would love to know.

If I put myself in his shoes I wouls have fallen and not been able to get up. I would have an ambulance carry me off and press civil and criminal charges against the person.

With the money i get not only can I afford my own plane I can ride the ramp with as many beer as I want whenever I want.

Yeah he was pissed but your anger can be channeled in different direction. He could laugh his assset's off at home in a neck brace with two hookers o ne on each arm.....

My opinion? Very cool if I were in my 20's but for someone of his age I would say extremely stupid. Had he played his cards right the other person would be at rikers not him.

Superman

The "experts" recommend that you check your carry-on bags BEFORE the plane lands to make sure nobody stole anything! So, his "meltdown" was his own fault!

Superman

Scott

The experts??????? The bag is above your seat how can u miss someone going through it? If your that stipid don't fly. Someone needs to "sue" the experts cause that is against ffa rules and as stupid as anything I have every heard.

Superman

It's not always above your seat. And a lot of people sleep on their flight. And checking your bag before the plane lands is not against FAA rules. You can even keep your bag under your seat!

Vesna

Good for him!!!!
Enough is enough. People are behaving like idiots. First his employer treats him like S... (I am sure just like all the employers are treating employees )then here comes idiot sitting in the plane no wonder he snapped. How much can somebody take any more.???? That passenger is lucky I wasn't there. I would probably put him to sleep for few hours.

David in Bangkok

I had a very stressful job in the public sector for more than 34 years but couldn't do his job for more than 5 minutes before deploying the slide. Flying along with more than 100 Paris Hiltons or any of the Lohans could cause anyone to snap at any moment. Demanding, unruly passengers who ignore safety procedures should be treated as criminals. Jet Blue's VP of Inflight Mayhem is simply covering the company's ass. I'd bet the guy with the ego and suitcase will get some free drink vouchers and offered counseling instead of his princely ass being put in jail.

CAA

"The memo also offers crew members counseling"

They HAVE to be kidding~~~~~~~~counseling for WHAT? Some dumbass excuse to sue the airline?

sc

Having read this article, I know why Steven lost it! JetBlue ~ U SUCK!!! All u guys hv in ur eyes are $$$$, ppls shld boycott all inhuman companies like u, like BP & so many more!!!!!!

TheMachine1

If I'm on the jury this guy is walking.

Catherine Malllory

A HERO? I don't understand what the worship would be about. I see this as not a BRAVE man, not a DEFIANT man, I seriously doubt there was a lot of internal intellectual banter going in Steven head when this all happened. This quite looks like AN IMPULSIVE REACTION. A poster mentioned lack of SELF CONTROL.....OK, well, how does ANYONE --- "Q"?-- grasp SELF CONTROL when it has slipped away? It is ridiculous to assume an outside force can INSTALL self-control in another, and certainly NOT in times of CRISIS.
This was a "mental breakdown" type of act. Not an audition for a reality show, or a FU to the world. I am of the belief that Steven was motivated strickly by SELF PRESERVATION...and I am of the opinion that the woman who started all this, is the DEMON. You don't hit people. That rule, in society, has quite a long history of standing, and NO ONE these days can really claim ignornance on that. Steven's JOB was to keep that nasty selfish woman IN HER SEAT until the plane stopped. His mother said, the woman was trying to get her stuff before FAA regulations would allow. I have seen this situation myself with an outofcontrol person who HAD to be the first one off the plane. It was very uncomforably for others, who RESPECTED the RULES. Steven was trying to do his job and what the woman did was FOOLISH. One person getting up early, maybe no problem, but then,,,do we really want 300 passengers trying to sneak a few things in as the plane is landing??? Steven, I cant say I see you as a what I would call a HERO, but you are totally OK by me.

susan

I will put this as nice as I can.... Jet right on outta here for not supporting this man against the abuse of this woman!

She should be in jail not him!

Shame on you for not protecting your employees !

littleblind

I question this whole jet blue memo. First of all, have any of you ever flown before? If so, since when, when the plane gets to the gate and "passengers are already disembarking" is there ever a time no less "room" for a steward to be in the aisle having any type of altercation with a passenger?I know I wasn't there, but honestly, have you ever seen a steward/stewardess in the aisle when all the crazy people (myself included) hear that "ding" and know the door is open and passengers are disembarking? LIES! he's my hero. and no I'm not steven slater.