Steven Slater's Mom: I Would Have Snapped Worse!

8/10/2010 5:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Slater's mom says she's lucky she wasn't the one who faced her son's aggressive passenger yesterday onboard that JetBlue flight -- because according to her, it would have been game over.

0810_slater_splash_video
Diane Slater says she can't blame her son for having "a very small meltdown" after his scuffle with a passenger -- in fact, if she had been in the same position ... Diane claims she would have "snapped more."

Steven's mom wants the female passenger who allegedly hit him over the head to be prosecuted.

AQ

I couldn't agree more. Why is this passenger not being prosecuted? Others have been thrown off a plane for far, far less! The flight attendant was INJURED! He didn't do that to himself.

There have been people who have been banned for flying simply by trying to bring a bottle of water through security.

Are you sure?

I hear stories all the time from flight attendants who say the passengers are abusive. The woman who hit his head should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

Ehécatl

We should get all the facts before coming to a conclusion about this situation. We only know the story Steven Slater tells. His mother doesn't know what happened on that plane from first hand experience. All she knows comes from her son. What about hearing from the other flight attendents, passengers, and even the woman who supposedly hit Slater? Let´s get all the facts before we get as angry and dramatic as Slater.

Ginger

What the passenger did was a federal offense. Where are the feds arresting this person? As for Slater and his mom - couldn't agree with both of you more. True, Steven shouldn't have behaved that way but honestly, who among us would have done differently after 20 years of service and probably lots of this abuse from passengers. Like I said before, probably a bad day and the wrong passenger got 'frisky.'

StarryStarryNight

Posted at 5:50 PM on Aug 10, 2010 by Ehécatl

excellent post!

Cindy

I have been on numerous flights and have seen first hand the abuse that Flight attendants have to put up with. They are human.... While I can understand the charges... The emergency slide was a little extreme.... Why is this woman not even being investigated? If I ever had an employee that was assaulted, I would stand behind them 100%. Shame on the employers for allowing the staff to deal with this!!!!!!

JLS

I AGREE! This passenger assaulted him and it occured on an aircraft which makes it a federal offense. Where the F is the FAA and the police to prosecute this passenger?

Every flight I am on is filled with the worst arrogant and abusive passengers. I am tired of watching these flight attendants put up with it.

david bodah

i'm a transit worker myself and more and more there are less measures to protect us from the jerks in this world.iknow how you feel steve,remember when one door closes another door opens.

really now

I think the passenger who smacked Steven Slater on the head should be arrested and charged !!!! I could understand why a person could have a meltdown like that after putting up with so much abuse all these years . It's like the straw that broke the camels back . Good Luck to you Steven Slater !

awards

Mom is right!

WaxOnWaxOff

Has ANYONE even heard what this was all about to begin with? Actually, it shouldn't matter. If a customer was flying off the handle, then this a-hole man-stewardess should have followed the legal steps. Instead, he went off like a total wacko and endangered others in order to make a woman-like nasty exit. He's a freaking drama queen and deserves whatever the law has to throw at him. The way I see it is he took the job with full knowledge that he may have to deal with unruly passengers. If he can't take the heat, he should get his butt out of the kitchen. I don't see this guy as some kind of hero. I see him as a professional sh*t disturber. Yes, IF the passenger WAS out of line, then he should also have to pay the price. So far there are only a few opposing stories. Some are saying that the passenger "slapped" him, and others say it was all over a bag. No matter what, they BOTH need to be held accountable for their actions.

Olde Greywoolf

I have done a lot of flying commercially in my time. I have seen the BS heaped on FA's by passengers. I am frequently amazed at their restraint. It is clear that in our society today, here in the US, civility and good manners are dying, if not already dead, life style. What else can you take away from a society that glorifies promiscuity, sex tapes and reality shows promoting bad behavior, selfishness, self-aggrandizement and fame at any cost! Modesty, honor and civility, except for certain areas of our active military, are fast disappearing from our society.

The ONLY thing I fault Steven for is the reckless deployment of the emergency slide way. It deploys rather explosively and it COULD have injured someone on the ground near the aircraft.

Other than that, he has my vote. The two beers was a nice touch, but he should had second thoughts about firing the slide.

The passenger most DIFINATELY should be prosecuted for assault! If Jet Blue DOES NOT also take action against that passenger then the FA unions should take them to task, big time. Such behavior on the part of that passenger is a danger to not only the FA's, but to all the other passengers too!

OGW

Donald Ray

PLEASE don't ever post any more pics of this ugly-ass hag again. At least you didn't post her on a, 'who would you rather'. This is one FUGLY female dog.

Jo Ann

Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? Mr. Slater acted unprofessionally, to say the least. He clearly lost control and here we are, glorifying his misbehavior. Isn't that what we do now in the United States? It's shameful!

Firefly

I first heard that the plane was taxiing and hadn't stopped yet, now I hear that it was stopped and connected to the ramp. What really happened. We all know that you have to wait till the plane stops and the door is open before your suppose to retrieve your stuff from the overhead. People in the back of the plane are suppose to be respectful and wait for the people at the front to move out row by row. But I have seen some really rude people who will stand up, grab their stuff and try to plow their way ahead of everyone else when it wasn't their turn. Where are they going? They can't go anywhere until the attendants say so. they can't get off the plane any faster until the door is open. Sit down, be quiet and wait your turn.
As for the passenger that hit the attendant she should be prosecuted for assault with a deadly bin door. The attendant should be reprimanded for his lapse of intelligence in the decision he chose. As of right now the passenger that caused all this mess is just sitting back while attendant takes the heat for his stupid in the moment decision. Jet Blue needs to go after the B I T C H that caused all this.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments