Mel Gibson in

Car Crash

8/16/2010 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson acclimated back into L.A. life by getting into a car accident yesterday ... this according to law enforcement sources.

0709-mel-gibson-ex-getty-01
Sources tell TMZ it happened at 8:35 PM in Malibu.  Gibson, we're told, lost control of his car and ended up striking the rocky hillside on Malibu Canyon Road.

Gibson was driving a 2008 Maserati, which had to be towed from the scene.

Hours before the crash -- photogs shot footage of Gibson driving the Maserati around Malibu (see video above).

According to the CHP report, obtained by TMZ, "For unknown reasons, Mr. Gibson steered his car to the right and struck the rock hillside.  He stopped his car at the scene and was contacted by officers from the West Valley CHP Area."

CHP Public Information Officer Leland Tang tells TMZ ... "Gibson told officers in the field he did not know how the car drifted out of the lane and into the hillside."  Tang said his officers followed up by asking Gibson if he was on a cell phone and he said no.  Tang adds officers also asked Gibson if he had dozed off "but he did not give a firm 'yes' or 'no'."  Gibson just repeated several times, "I don't know how the car left the roadway."

The report goes on, "Mr. Gibson supplied all the pertinent information to the officers at the scene, gave a statement, and received a ride home from a friend."

Gibson was not hurt.

According to the report, "DUI is not suspected in the accident."

UPDATE:  As for the curious statement in the report ... "For unknown reasons, Mr. Gibson steered his car to the right and struck the rock hillside." Tang tells TMZ his department was in no way trying to insinuate Gibson did it intentionally. Tang says, "It was totally an unintentional act."  And Tang says no citation was issued and no charges will be filed.

0816_crash_footer

Anon

koko, you say it's a bad term but he didn't use it to her face so it's okay. Then you go on ad nauseum how the Mexican love him anyway? The woman could have come here for treatment. She may not have been stage 4 yet. You don't know. And he's calling her a wetback and threatening to report her? Maybe she couldn't get treatment in her country? Maybe she thought coming here would save her life? Who really knows, certainly neither you or I don't. But calling her that but not to her face does not mean it's okay. It just means he will likely smile in your face and trash you behind your back to someone else.

wondering

now RoL is trying to say mel almost endangered lucia since he had custody of her before the crash!

fuddyduddy

Hi Curious; lisa; fuddy; (everyone)

Good heavens...I hope Mr. Gibson is okay. Sheesh...when it rains, it pours for Mel.

Posted at 10:57 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by Genna

Hi, Genna! Thank you also for your work with Tara. I think the two of you worked together on the timeline. I'm sure Mel is okay. My take, the man is exhausted physically, emotionally, and mentally. And...who knows...maybe OG put some of the voodoo stuff on him!

Carvey

He'll probably end up blaming the Jews for his accident.

Griffin

Re: the posts suggesting a suicide attempt
I think he is much too self-absorbed to attempt suicide.

By the way, I would never wish rape upon even my worst enemy, never mind by whom. I have also had my moments, regrettably, when I've completely lost my temper with loved ones and gone off on yelling rants over the phone. It did not cause me to spew out random hateful comments about people of other races.

You would deny visitation to this parent too if he behaved as erratically as Mel Gibson. And now we have to worry about the baby's safety in his car.

LISA

Repeat it evey ew pages, Lisa. Maybe the group will stay on point, not get baited in.

I've been trying to see if the dinghy s still off the coast, but it's still so foggy I can't see anything. Maybe the fog played a factor in the accident.

I grew up in So Cal. I can remember mornings walking to school when the fog was so bad I literally couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I'd have to find sign posts and try to read them to make sure I was on the right streets!

Makes one wonder WHY IS the dinghy there--not a pretty sight, not particularly nice weather--and they've been there for a week so far...? Weird.

Posted at 10:58 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by Sam

****************************************************

Sam, I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you are referring
to the Yacht? Nice design. I never made any posts about that.
As for the triplicate of my post, nothing was showing up when I tried
to post, and then three appear.

I'm off to work. You can stay and throw insults at people.
But I'll be back later, and I'll keep posting my thoughts on
this matter.

OKSANA IS LYING NOW, AND HAS BEEN MOST OF HER LIFE.
There will be oodles and oodles of proof and links to
various sources. Not one source, but many. And the
people you have been insulting will do the same.

bye for now

Shell

Posted at 11:16 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by wondering
======================================================

Why do they even report on that since she wsa returned to oxy an hour or so before the crash? dirt bags.....

wondering

the baby was returned to the gypsy by way of a living nanny since the gypsy and mel cannot be in contact

fuddyduddy

Posted at 11:16 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by wondering

Oh, good grief. That's typical of ROL. BUT...didn't I read somewhere (help me out here people) that Mel was having the car sent for Lucia? To me, that would make sense. He wants to stay away from OG, so that would seem plausible to send a car, with the third party who oversees their visits, and bring the child to him. What say you?

Tara

Thank you for the kind recognition/appreciation, Fuddyduddy, Genna, and Curious! I worked obsessively on that frigging timeline and missed a short phone appointment by accident because I was so into verifying everything. : ) I am mostly on vacation right now but have to lift my head and do a little real work occassionally.

Curious

Chris -

Better be careful, Anon is following you around now to be sure you catch his/her insults.

Either that, or it's infatuation =D

Maria Ashot

Anon, YOU speaking of Karma?

Is that your religious belief? Because we were all wondering.

Anon

Tellthetruth, I am absolutely amazed that you guys think you can determine how many men Oksana has slept with via your computer. And even more amazed that you will assume that she and the Kowal lady are the only ones Mel slept with while being married. Talk about looking at him through rose colored glasses. You refuse to see him as anything but a saint with a bit of a temper.

chris, if you are lonely and you need friends to talk to, these little old ladies will talk to you all day and all night. They have nothing else going on in their lives and Mel's their dream "boyfriend" and Oksana is that evil gold digger that looks better than them and made their beloved Mel look bad. Mel won't be your friend but the ladies with grapes on their hats will.

wondering

looks like wackosana got a new pr person since rol actually is posting stories again about mel ....

fuddyduddy

Sam...I agree completely with your statement above about the term 'wetbacks.' I think some people are just trying to make more out it than what it really is.