Mel Gibson in

Car Crash

8/16/2010 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson acclimated back into L.A. life by getting into a car accident yesterday ... this according to law enforcement sources.

0709-mel-gibson-ex-getty-01
Sources tell TMZ it happened at 8:35 PM in Malibu.  Gibson, we're told, lost control of his car and ended up striking the rocky hillside on Malibu Canyon Road.

Gibson was driving a 2008 Maserati, which had to be towed from the scene.

Hours before the crash -- photogs shot footage of Gibson driving the Maserati around Malibu (see video above).

According to the CHP report, obtained by TMZ, "For unknown reasons, Mr. Gibson steered his car to the right and struck the rock hillside.  He stopped his car at the scene and was contacted by officers from the West Valley CHP Area."

CHP Public Information Officer Leland Tang tells TMZ ... "Gibson told officers in the field he did not know how the car drifted out of the lane and into the hillside."  Tang said his officers followed up by asking Gibson if he was on a cell phone and he said no.  Tang adds officers also asked Gibson if he had dozed off "but he did not give a firm 'yes' or 'no'."  Gibson just repeated several times, "I don't know how the car left the roadway."

The report goes on, "Mr. Gibson supplied all the pertinent information to the officers at the scene, gave a statement, and received a ride home from a friend."

Gibson was not hurt.

According to the report, "DUI is not suspected in the accident."

UPDATE:  As for the curious statement in the report ... "For unknown reasons, Mr. Gibson steered his car to the right and struck the rock hillside." Tang tells TMZ his department was in no way trying to insinuate Gibson did it intentionally. Tang says, "It was totally an unintentional act."  And Tang says no citation was issued and no charges will be filed.

0816_crash_footer

Genna

I think Anon has earned a new nickname: "Woody" from "Cheers" ... that above quote was from Frasier. Except that Woody was a sweetheart.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

I have started to change my opinion but I am remaining caustiously optimistic. I dont care if MG likes me or not cuz I'm gay..

Posted at 11:28 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by chris

Good For YOU, Chris! I'd bet my bottom dollar Mel would like you just because you don't care one way or the other! Good all over you!

Squeaky Shoes

ok if you people insist on playing along with anon... just answer the annoying forkers posts... don't lure in the insult rages... anon seems to have a complete inability to know when to stop... but now that you've all got him/her/it started again... you're on your own

Tellthetruth59

Tellthetruth, I am absolutely amazed that you guys think you can determine how many men Oksana has slept with via your computer. And even more amazed that you will assume that she and the Kowal lady are the only ones Mel slept with while being married. Talk about looking at him through rose colored glasses. You refuse to see him as anything but a saint with a bit of a temper.
Posted at 11:23 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by Anon
-----------------------------------------------------------

Anon, darling... you are the one that thinks the tapes are authentic. Mel said Oksana slept with about 45 men. Are you arguing against what is in the tapes now?

BTW, Anon after listening to those tapes I will only say one thing. You give yourself away in more ways than one.

Curious

Sam...I agree completely with your statement above about the term 'wetbacks.' I think some people are just trying to make more out it than what it really is.

Posted at 11:24 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by fuddyduddy
-------------------------------------------------------------
Goes back to the old "pc" approach. Everything becomes offensive.

The rape wish was TOTALLY wrong. I'll smack Mr. Mel upside for that.

But good grief. I've lost count of how many times I've called my cousin-in-law a "n*gger b*tch" or how many times she's called me "cracker wh*re" - both in anger and in jest. That's a fine woman my cousin married (ok, so she makes really bad potato salad, but that's another issue).

They are but WORDS people. Get over it.

Remember the old adage "Actions speak louder than words." Let that be your ruler to measure this saga.

fuddyduddy

And to ANON i say - since i'm gay that gives me female tendencies so that gives me the right to change my mind (just like a woman!) So slurp on that!

Posted at 11:33 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by chris

Chris...LOL!! You are great!!! I've had some wonderful friends who were gay, and I had some of the best laughs with them! And wasn't there a song years ago...something about 'It's my perrogative'...that's YOUR song!

WhoKnows

Chris, I may be wrong on the employment of illegals, but from memory, I think the employer of illegal house help needs to pay taxes. If they don't, that's where they get into trouble. There were several politicians who employed illegals and the only consequences were on the ones who didn't pay into SS and Medicare, etc.

Genna

"He was very cooperative and respectful. There were no objective symptoms of intoxication or impairment," CHP Officer Leland Tang told the Daily News."

Thanks, fuddy for that post.

In other words, he behaved like a gentleman. One can only assume that RADAR, and their OG pipeline, are somewhat dismayed.

fuddyduddy

Curious...you are funny, too! As a matter of fact, we have lots of comic relief in this crowd! Yea...I don't get too worked up if someone calls me a name that I HEAR. Ahh---stick and stones, right?

Squeaky Shoes

curious:

precisely... words are words. I used to have screaming fight with my ex that were so bad, ALL 3 cats wouldn't come near us for days... and both of us said some pretty nasty hateful things about eachother and other people... it's what happens when someone presses your buttons so hard you can't restrain yourself. been there - done that... but i'm not a celebrity so i can't get chastised for it ;)

Anon

Chris, her story hasn't changed. I credited you with more intelligence, but hey, you're probably a tea partier too. It won't be long before you are calling Oksana every name in the book and thinking it's funny to make lip and b&%* j&@ jokes and then these people will cheer you on and you will get worse and worse as a part of the mob mentality. I can see it now.

That's what these people do. There are some days when the things they say are completely shocking and you realize just how much repressed anger these little old ladies and misogynist men really have. They cheer on the guy that says she "deserved it".

chris

Chris -

Better be careful, Anon is following you around now to be sure you catch his/her insults.

Either that, or it's infatuation =D

Posted at 11:22 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by Curious
==================================================

She's an annoying little buzzard...

Posted at 11:25 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by Shell
-----------------------------------------------

Shell, ANON is so annoying she could piss off the Pope!

hihat

Sounds like a Jewish conspiracy to me!

Curious

You mean I have to give up my tinfoil hat and diaphanous underwired nighty? Weeel, maybe a grape hat -- Awww, please can I have a sword anna helmet anna big shield -- C'mon. Pleeze. Pleeze.

ps -- Curious, I'll arm wrestle you for the cheeze curls.

Posted at 11:30 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by middleagedcrazy
-----------------------------------------------------------

No fair! I'm laughing too hard to arm wrestle!

Oh fine fine - cheese curls for all!

Right there next to the big stack of hats with grapes on and swords, and helmets (grape optional) and shields.

Oh, and for those of us secretly wanting Mr. Mel for a boyfriend, a taped recording of Mr. Mel's voice crooning sweet nothings.

Right. Sanat bag empty now.

fuddyduddy

Okay, everyone...I'll be back later on. Great chatting and laughing! Bye now...