Mel Gibson in

Car Crash

8/16/2010 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson acclimated back into L.A. life by getting into a car accident yesterday ... this according to law enforcement sources.

0709-mel-gibson-ex-getty-01
Sources tell TMZ it happened at 8:35 PM in Malibu.  Gibson, we're told, lost control of his car and ended up striking the rocky hillside on Malibu Canyon Road.

Gibson was driving a 2008 Maserati, which had to be towed from the scene.

Hours before the crash -- photogs shot footage of Gibson driving the Maserati around Malibu (see video above).

According to the CHP report, obtained by TMZ, "For unknown reasons, Mr. Gibson steered his car to the right and struck the rock hillside.  He stopped his car at the scene and was contacted by officers from the West Valley CHP Area."

CHP Public Information Officer Leland Tang tells TMZ ... "Gibson told officers in the field he did not know how the car drifted out of the lane and into the hillside."  Tang said his officers followed up by asking Gibson if he was on a cell phone and he said no.  Tang adds officers also asked Gibson if he had dozed off "but he did not give a firm 'yes' or 'no'."  Gibson just repeated several times, "I don't know how the car left the roadway."

The report goes on, "Mr. Gibson supplied all the pertinent information to the officers at the scene, gave a statement, and received a ride home from a friend."

Gibson was not hurt.

According to the report, "DUI is not suspected in the accident."

UPDATE:  As for the curious statement in the report ... "For unknown reasons, Mr. Gibson steered his car to the right and struck the rock hillside." Tang tells TMZ his department was in no way trying to insinuate Gibson did it intentionally. Tang says, "It was totally an unintentional act."  And Tang says no citation was issued and no charges will be filed.

0816_crash_footer

Squeaky Shoes

Oksana needs to stop dragging outsiders into her circle of crazy. Regardless of this poor womans immigration situation, she had no right to try and get a desperate testimony from her on her deathbed... it's just not cool

ohreally

Eleven men that Oksana may have slept with in twenty plus years. Is that potential list of suitors supposed to be incriminating?

Posted at 10:19 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by Anon

Gee Anon/oinksana it apparently doesn't faze YOU. Only a whore would look at a list like that complacently. And anyway, those are just the ones that are publicly known. The list should probably be more like 50, or 60. AT LEAST.
You don't get a used jaded face like you have from leading a nice life.

fuddyduddy

Her testimony is obviously moot, and I do hope that her family will at least get something out of this.

Posted at 10:39 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by middleagedcrazy

Her testimony was moot to begin with. She never made statements before. Don't you think CPS would have lined her up for questioning. Then again, if she was illegal she may have been trying to lay low. Now, on her death bed, she claims to have known his temper. And, the article from TMZ the other day said that she did not see any physical altercation happen between Mel and OG. So, this is all suspect the way this alleged 'witness' came about. I don't she would have wanted to step fooot in a courtroom if she was illegal, do you?

Squeaky Shoes

and the nanny's probably missing of her own accord... i'd disappear too, to not get dragged into that ball of crap, cuz it's rolling downhill fast!

chris

Hey,

Just a question - if Mel was employing an illegal immigrant, could he face charges?

I'm slowing coming around to Team Mel however remaining cautiously optimistic...but does anyone know if he would have faced charges? It seems to be all the rage these days with illegal immigrants being employeed in the US...the employers get fined.....thoughts anyone?

I'm not trying to crucify him just curious about the legal stand point.

Personage

I'm starting to worry that Mr. Gibson has Alzheimer's. Don't laugh, I'm serious. It's really creepy the way he just keeps going crazier and crazier and doesn't seem to know or understand that he is going crazier. Happened to a landlord of mine. Evicted an entire building of people for no reason, but to him it made sense.

LISA

**IMPORTANT**

IT'S CRUNCH TIME FOR THE LAWYERS AND PUBLIC OPINION

The past few weeks the posters on this site have uncovered a lot
of extremely damaging information about Oksana. They also
caught Oksana's lies, one after the other, and offered proof.
The posters continue to uncover more and more facts and
poke holes in Oksana's story.

So now the TMZ comments site is becoming quite problematic for
Oksana's case, and its in her best interest to somehow interrupt
the flow of information.

The logical solution is to place a few posters, or Oksana herself
to distract this momentum of fact finding. That is what I'm seeing
now, like never before.

My suggestion would be to continue the research and questioning
and NOT get sidetracked by these suspicious few Oksana supporters,
unless of course they offer intelligent arguments.

(Remember in the movie The Exorcist, - the priest is warned not to
engage in dialogue with the, you know ... devil (our case would be
a sociopath). Because the devil will try and trick him by pulling
personal issues out of him, thus rendering him weak )
A bit dramatic of an analogy, but it fits so well from what I observed
I think you know what I'm talking about.

By the way Oksana will never stop, mark my words! she'll keep
pulling new surprises and outrageous new claims. That's why
we should keep our eye on the ball, - Team Truth

*************************************************************

LISA

**IMPORTANT**

IT'S CRUNCH TIME FOR THE LAWYERS AND PUBLIC OPINION

The past few weeks the posters on this site have uncovered a lot
of extremely damaging information about Oksana. They also
caught Oksana's lies, one after the other, and offered proof.
The posters continue to uncover more and more facts and
poke holes in Oksana's story.

So now the TMZ comments site is becoming quite problematic for
Oksana's case, and its in her best interest to somehow interrupt
the flow of information.

The logical solution is to place a few posters, or Oksana herself
to distract this momentum of fact finding. That is what I'm seeing
now, like never before !!!

My suggestion would be to continue the research and questioning
and NOT get sidetracked by these suspicious few Oksana supporters,
unless of course they offer intelligent arguments.

I like Michael's approach of not using this as a platform for Team Mel,
but rather as Team Truth. And since Oksana seems to be in short
supply of truth, Team Truth is looking a lot like Team Mel.

(Remember in the movie The Exorcist, - the priest is warned not to
engage in dialogue with the, you know ... devil (our case would be
a sociopath). Because the devil will try and trick him by pulling
personal issues out of him, thus rendering him weak )

A bit dramatic of an analogy, but it fits so well right now
I think you know what I'm talking about.

By the way Oksana will never stop, mark my words! she'll keep
pulling new surprises and outrageous new claims. That's why
we should keep our eye on the ball, - Team Truth

*************************************************************

LISA

**IMPORTANT**

IT'S CRUNCH TIME FOR THE LAWYERS AND PUBLIC OPINION

The past few weeks the posters on this site have uncovered a lot
of extremely damaging information about Oksana. They also
caught Oksana's lies, one after the other, and offered proof.
The posters continue to uncover more and more facts and
poke holes in Oksana's story.

So now the TMZ comments site is becoming quite problematic for
Oksana's case, and its in her best interest to somehow interrupt
the flow of information.

The logical solution is to place a few posters, or Oksana herself
to distract this momentum of fact finding. That is what I'm seeing
now, like never before.

My suggestion would be to continue the research and questioning
and NOT get sidetracked by these suspicious few Oksana supporters,
unless of course they offer intelligent arguments.

I like Michael's approach of not using this as a platform for Team Mel,
but rather as Team Truth. And since Oksana seems to be in short
supply of truth, Team Truth is looking a lot like Team Mel.

(Remember in the movie The Exorcist, - the priest is warned not to
engage in dialogue with the, you know ... devil (our case would be
a sociopath). Because the devil will try and trick him by pulling
personal issues out of him, thus rendering him weak )
A bit dramatic of an analogy, but it fits so well from what I observed

I think you know what I'm talking about.
By the way Oksana will never stop, mark my words! she'll keep
pulling new surprises and outrageous new claims. That's why
we should keep our eye on the ball, - Team Truth

*************************************************************

Wow, the Oksana camp is at work full force now !!!
with intensity and frequency never displayed before.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Kids today -- poor things probably were severly neglected and now they are looking for attention.

Posted at 10:31 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by fuddyduddy

What you say! They reek of it!

Sad really, but they are so damn obnoxious non thinking little morons--how do you reach out to someone like that? Can't. They remind me of the movie Idiocracy.

middleagedcrazy

Could be one of the reasons he was not happy with the setup in Ms. Oksana's place. Tee hee

Shell

Suicide attempt?

Posted at 10:38 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by me
==============================================

sorry, but I highly doubt that.

Anon

Mel was paying the babysitter. And who knows, she could have come here for treatment as a very sick woman or perhaps it had not come to stage 4 yet and thought maybe battling it in the US would give her a chance. Considering he called her son names on those calls too, it's just his MO.

fuddyduddy

Chris...I gather from the tapes and his conversation with OG, that SHE was the one employing the illegal babysitter. If that's the case, then I am sure that OG will be under fire for that. Years ago, there was a case of a politician employing illegals to work at his house. I cannot remember that person's name, and it's been quite a while back, but it cost this politician his career. That is a big NO-NO. I bet OG is wishing right about now that she would have cut that part out in the editing process!

Tara

@ fuddyduddy said:

(Tara and Genna...I posted this before, but i want to make sure you got it. Here it is again.)

Tara and Genna...thank you for your hard work on the timeline and also for figuring out the July 1st release. I know I wasn't crazy! So, ROL was throwing teasers out there on July 1st just like you found.

You might want to add to the timeline:

June 20 - Father's Day; OG would not let Mel have Lucia

June 23 - OG is served with restraining order in the evening hours

That's why I have stated befoer -- on Father's Day OG did not let Mel have Lucia. Mel was mad and went to his attorney. Attorney's filed for restraining order. OG served with RO on June 23. And then, on July 1 we have ROL informing the public about the Mel tapes. I think the tapes were sold (or whatever) between June 24 and June 30. If OG's attorney was admonished in court, then you can imagine that things did not turn out well. OG was pissed; hefty settlement was off the table by now, so now, she fires back.

Again, thank you both for all of your help.
________________________________________________________

You are so welcome, Fuddyduddy! My timeline has a special focus on events that I think illustrate the tagteam approach to scamming Mel by Oksana and Violet--I need to update it now.

But regarding your additions to the general timeline, your info is correct. I would also add Oksana's request for a RO and allegations of abuse that occured on June 21 as well.

As I read events, Oksana refused to sign the final negotiated agreement, so Mel cut support payments in half (giving only $5000 per month) to apply some pressure to move along the completion of the deal. Oksana retaliated by denying him visitation with his daughter on Father's day as had been negotiated, so Mel probably threatened her with legal action (which is fair), so she hastened to the courts with her lawyers the very next morning to launch her complaint of domestic violence and request the first RO. The judge was not informed by Oksana's team that there was a negotiated settlement in play, so he denied further parental access for Mel as part of the RO. Mel's legal team then countered with their request for a RO to ban publication of her tapes and other materials pertaining to the case and to re-establish his visitation rights. The judge granted their requests and flipped that Oksana's legal reps did not disclose the negotiated custody arrangement.

All of that was so complicated that I summed it up by saying "dueling RO" and allegations of abuse by June 25th. : )