Steven Slater Hires Hollywood PR Honcho

8/16/2010 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Slater has officially gone Hollywood -- he's hired one of the biggest PR mavens in town to rep him.

0816_Steven_Slater_Howard_Bragman_ex

Slater has hired Howard Bragman -- the crisis PR specialist who has repped Isaiah Washington, Chaz Bono and Oksana Grigorieva (before dumping her after a day).

Bragman released a statement that reads, "I can officially confirm that I am now representing Steven Slater. While my work will include media relations, my team at Fifteen Minutes and I will also be helping him sort out the scores of offers that have come through in the past week from media, producers, brands and other interested parties. I very much believe that Steven touched a nerve with the American people and am proud to be helping him tell his story at the appropriate time in the appropriate way."

But what if Slater's story about the JetBlue passenger is bogus?  We're guessing he'll get a lot less than 15 minutes.

Murgatroyd

Whether this guy is on the level or a con merchant, he's certainly more deserving of a reality TV show than that idiot from Alaska who knocked up idiot Sarah Palin's idiot slob of a daughter.

wtf

whatever... if the same incident happened with a person of color, they'd be locked up.

Stupid People Hater

What a stupid tomato. I can't wait till his 15 minutes is long gone.

cluesarethere

There is a huge cost associated to this little stunt.

1.cost to replace the emergency slide $25,000
2.vouchers for passengers for their delay for exiting $100each
3.cost of time and man power for interviewing each passenger
4.cost each passenger had to endure due to missing their plans.
5.cost of late or canceled departure for the next leg this plane had to make (they can't use this plane now till they replace the slide)

plus, let's not forget our police department and law suit to follow that us tax payer gets pay.

Did I forget anything?

writenow

Wish Howard would stop slumming.

LiLa

"15 Minutes" just about describes the length of Slater's celebrity career.

Anony Moose

PR guy looks about as gay as he is. Maybe he will be his new teddy "bear" when the fame runs out here directly.

Truth

HE LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WILL BE FOUND OUT SOON ENUFF. NO ONE WITNESS THE SO-CALLED INCIDENT. NO ONE KNOWS THIS WOMAN CAUSE SHE DOESNT EXIST. WHAT A FVCKTARD!!!!!!!!!!

Colonel Bleep

You're still going to jail loser! Stop giving this goofball any attention!

naplessell

times up - this nut should have been on TV (late night) by now - strike when poker is hot. NEXT

Garrett

Gawd! He has a serious case of Gay-Face!

cari

SOOOO...let me get this straight (so to speak).

An alcoholic who falls off the wagon and goes crazy on the job while putting at risk passengers on a plane (and breaking the law on several counts) is shopping for some kind of 'hollywood' fame ??

maybe he needs a psychiatrist as well.

along with anyone who is interested in this malfunctioning human being.

sam

I was all for this guy in the beginning now he is making me really sick, really a PR guy?

Laker

Lemme guess, the pitch is he'll star in a reality show where he plays the part of the stereotypical sassy, in your face gay guy that's not afraid to tell you your fashion sense or your way of thinking is off? Wow! I've never seen that before! And why do super fruitcakes always have that "face?"

Gina

Who cares about Slater? I only read the story because Howard Bragman is some amazing prime beef!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments