Dr. Frank Ryan -- Autopsy Underway

8/17/2010 2:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the Ventura County Medical Examiner is currently conducting an autopsy on Dr. Frank Ryan ... to determine, among other things, if drugs or alcohol played a role in his death.

0817_frank_hill_EX_TMZ_01

As we first reported, Dr. Ryan -- a famous plastic surgeon to the stars -- was pronounced dead yesterday after an apparent car accident on Pacific Coast Highway.

Ryan's manager David Weintraub tells TMZ, "I've known Dr. Ryan for ten years ... he's never drank, never smoked, he's never done drugs."

TMZ has obtained a photo (above) showing the area where the Doc was discovered by emergency medical responders yesterday. The photo was taken this morning -- and it already appears that the wreckage has been cleared.

0817_dr_famous_footer

Sandy

I have a feeling he was tweeting/texting. I had a guy this morning cross into my lane, in a huge Land Rover me in my little Civic, I started honking like crazy he finally looked up and gave a little wave. I was scared to death, it happened in my neighborhood with tons of little children playing as well with very narrow streets.

I would be interested in Mel and Kim K.'s reasons for their smash ups. People put down the phone in the car!!! What is your life worth and others???

lalaland

#32 (Dean):

Not only that, but California MANAGERS have managers.

Chia

I just looked at the photos of his clients, ewwww. The look like they had surgery and that is not a good thing.

RIP doc.

Youdontgetthename

I've met him and he was a very short man. He had lifts in his shoes that weighed about 5 lbs each. NOT KIDDING. I could see how that could effect his driving.

G. N. Klele

Please tell me what's going to happen to the dog. What a horrible experience for Jill, that poor dog. Please let me know if a family member is adopting the dog.

G. N. Klele

What's going to happen with the dog? Will a family memeber take her in. I feel so bad for Jill, what a horrible experience.

gloria

of course he was a homo, his dog was named Jill. I am sorry for his passing, but it is sad that a plastic surgeon gets this much attention.

susie

Well, #3 be glad you're not having surgery by him.

My daughter had scar revision, he COMPLETEY AND TOTALLY made it MUCH WORSE.

She had a lawsuit pending...guess not now.

christine

Spencer probably ran him off the road and killed him because he probably thought Heidi and him had something going on

who dat

I understand alot of you are angry at your pathetic lives. A person with loved ones has just passed on. If you can't write something positive, how about not writing anything?

BaadBoy

Maria; no offence taken. I see now that you and I are actually on the same page with this thing.

mustang

SHUT UP!!!!!!

Posted at 11:10 AM on Aug 17, 2010 by Maria

Maria, under any other cir***stances, I would tell you to go screw yourself, but I will refrain.

To Dr. Ryan, his family and friends, My condolences in your loss, he seemed like a sweet and beautiful. May the Lord be with Him.

Dee Madison

as oprah says don't text and drive.. goes even for surgeons.

TNJ

Look at the photo, no guardrails. Why in such a dangerous area are there no guardrails?

Phreaky

Bet it was a heart attack. He just tweeted that he climbed a sand dune and that it was "harder than it looked".

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments