Aniston, Cher

Alleged Victims

In Credit Card Scheme

8/18/2010 6:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... the U.S. Secret Service just closed in on a woman accused of operating a serious credit card scheme ... and many of the alleged victims are major Hollywood mega-stars.

0818-jen-cher-anne-ex-getty-3-credit
According to an affidavit filed in United States District Court, a witness claims Jennifer Aniston, Cher, Liv Tyler, Melanie Griffith, Anne Hathaway and Scott Speedman were all violated -- or at least their credit cards were -- by a woman who ran a swanky salon in Beverly Hills called the Chez Gabriela Studio.

According to court documents, Maria Gabriella Perez is accused of ripping off the credit card information from her ultra-wealthy clients ... and "fraudulently [charging] approximately $280,000 worth of charges in a one year period."

According to the docs -- Perez swindled $214,000 from Liv Tyler alone.

Perez was arrested on federal fraud charges -- and is due to appear in court in L.A. later today.

0818_clients_250UPDATE: Perez had listed some flattering quotes from her famous clients on her website -- including one from Cher that reads, "Gabriela is my favorite ass kicking facialist."

Perez also posted several personally autographed photos of her celeb clients ... including one from Jennifer Aniston that reads, "Dearest Gabby, Thank you for always being so good to me!"

UPDATE #2: According to the documents, Melanie Griffith has already stated that she is willing to "cooperate with an investigation and testify if needed."

UPDATE #3: Cher's rep tells us the icon was not a victim in the alleged scheme -- and does not know why she was named in the affidavit.

awards

Who would want to financially harm these sweethearts?

Tired of toxomom

That's Melanie Griffin? Holy cr*p! Lay off the booze and the botox, hon.

noneofyourbusiness

Boo-Hoo! They probably didn't even know it was missing.....

Mike

Well too bad she couldn't have resisted the allure of easy criminal money. it sounds like she was a good facialist and had lots of happy clients. Greed is not Good. She'll be doing some time for this. I'll bet this happens a lot. I always watch my cards for suspicious charges.

Alisha

Holy ****. How does a person not notice something like that? Jesus.

tenley

Oh not another way for Aniston to claim Victim Status again. She already made herself out to be the "victim" of Bill O'Reilly's rudeness this week. (Damn, it must be so natural to her or something but anyway.)

Superman

That was f-king dumb!!! She had a high-end famous client list... why would she mess that up?!?! There's small businesses all over the country that would kill for that client list. And this dumbass decides to (allegedly) steal their credit card info! Although it's rather interesting that they didn't know for a year that those purchases were not made by themselves!!

Annie

Since I'm a Personal Assistant, I can say that never would've happened to my employer...

Dawn

I can't believe some of these comments. So what these women make more money, it still doesn't give anyone the right to steal from them because they have more. I'm quite sure some of you make more money than your friends, how would you like it if they stole from you because of you more. And the article didn't say, these women never knew what was happening. In any federal investigation all information is kept private, until they have a suspect. So the feds probably asked these women to keep it private. Don't be so quick to judge.

solar panel

Whenever I look at Jennifer Aniston's eyes I see immense beauty and deep loneliness. Snap out of it lady; whatever big disappointment hurt you in the past it's all an illusion and so is the little girl who keeps getting hurt by it. Breath deep, stand up, go for an ice cream, tell a stranger a joke.

If you think you might have Jennifer Aniston's disease, please buy the book "The Way To Love" by Anthony De Mello. Check out the little chapters that are called "Lost and Found", "Love One Another", and "The Blind See". It's a mini-book, costs the same as a couple coffees.

deb

So considering Anne Hathways fiance ripped so many people off how does she like it.
Full circle!!!!!!!!

DenVan

Headline: PEREZ RIPS OFF CELEBRITIES
Oh, too many jokes! My head hurts! Too many... just too, too many!

kickaboo

15..lol, you rock too.

RJ Hunt

Why burn a bridge like that...Without my high end clients this past 2 years I would be out of business...I thank my lucky stars...

RJ Hunt

#15...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...THAT'S SOME FUNNY STUFF!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments