« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jay Mariotti, Famous Sports Columnist, Arrested in LA

8/21/2010 12:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

ESPN personality and popular sports columnist Jay Mariotti was arrested this morning in Los Angeles, this according to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department website.

0821_Jay_Mariotti_GETTY_BN
Mariotti was arrested on a felony charge at 4:30 AM -- a police source tells us it is a domestic violence charge.

He was held on $50,000 bail and released shortly after noon.

Mariotti is a regular on the ESPN show "Around the Horn" and a writer for the popular sports website Fanhouse.com.

UPDATE: A rep for ESPN said the network had no comment.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

me

Where's this d-bag's mugshot? C'mon, step your game up TMZ! This Punk-Ass Douchbag Royale needs to be fully exposed for the hypocrite that he is. You DO NOT TOUCH a woman, you PUNK (and I mean that in the literal, prison-term way). Even if the woman in question is a huge ****, you walk away and count your blessings for being done with her, but never touch, you PUNK-ASS BITCH. I will knock you into a ****ing coma if you are ever unfortunate enough to cross my path. Roger Ebert is a prophet.

me

me

me

anthony

what an idiot; hey jay you and tiger can go out together, he will pick up the ho's and you can smack them around; now thats a story jay that you can write about, to bad now they will be no one to listen, dumbass;

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6