Mel Gibson Criminal Investigation -- Cool Your Jets

8/21/2010 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Well-placed law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... L.A. County Sheriff's Department investigators are in "absolutely no rush" to formally turn the Mel Gibson case over to the  L.A. County District Attorney -- partly because, in reality, the D.A. already has the case.

0816_Mel_Gibson_EX_Getty_02
As TMZ first reported, the official line from the Sheriff's Department was that there was a goal -- to turn the case over to the D.A. by Tuesday.  Although investigators in the trenches say Tuesday is possible ... they feel "no pressure" to hit that date.  As one source said, "It will get there when it gets there."

And, sources connected with the investigation say it really doesn't matter when the case is turned over, because the prosecutor assigned to the case is fully engaged in the process and already knows what's up.

And, as we've already told you, the D.A. won't make any decision on whether to file charges until the investigation into the extortion allegations against Oksana Grigorieva is complete -- and that's a ways off.

We're told the D.A. will treat both cases as a "package deal," and make filing decisions on both at the same time.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

middleagedcrazy

Hooray -- I'm first!

See New Hampshire case of woman convicted and sentenced for using false tapes and threats to game the system by alleging domestic violence in a breakup.

TorontoWoman

To those of you that think the Mel/Oksana tapes are "fake", please tell me how so? REGARDLESS, if the tapes are edited or her voice was re-recorded....Mel STILL said what he said. That doesn't change. I'm not saying Mel hit her (a court can decide that) but he certainly harassed her and verbally abused her. Unless, of course, you Mel lovers are gonna say it was an imposter on the tapes or Oksana took sound bites from his movies and spliced it together. I don't recall him EVER using such language in his movies. "F*cking c*nt, bitch, whore. I'll put you in a f*cking rose garden" Tell me where she would have found that audio? Oksana could very well be a gold-digger and a b*tch.....but that doesn't change that Mel is a psycho....

rg1

Oh boy.... Looks like we are going to have to hang on a bit longer. Guess TMZ is loving this... Team Mel!

middleagedcrazy

She could have hung up. She could have called the police. She could have moved.

ps -- the Rose Garden is a psychiatric facility.

Harriet

I have a serious concern. He who has the most toys (in this case money) gets all of the attention. Does it really matter what Mel did to Oxsana. The troops will all be on his side and to heck with her and her baby.

awards

Deport the skank ho!

Tellthetruth59

@TorontoWoman

Those audios are nothing more than two voices, both potentially altered and no context for the argument. Oksana may have been saying things that were off the wall and Gibson was responding to that. How can we tell what really happened when the tapes were potentionally edited - both to make her look good and to him look bad?

Black

TorontoWoman, no one disputes Mel said what he said but the fact the tapes may have been altered means there is no why of knowing in what context he said those things. No one knows WHY he said them and WHEN he said them, AND what was Oksana saying while he was saying what he did, and so forth and so on. All of this makes the tapes irrelevant...

MikeD

Mel will win out, no doubt. I mean, imagine having some chick living high on the hog trying to bust Mel for more money.. to have her LIPS thickend even more.. and whatever other parts of her sorry body and mind.

BallaBlocka

They're in no rush because.......the Ruskie trick is LYING TOO MUCH ABOUT EVERYTHING!!! Deciding what to believe and what not to believe, will take at least 6 months, on its own.

TorontoWoman

Guys,

I agree Oksana shot herself in the foot if she tampered with the tapes....and if she did this, they obviously can't be used in court. Very dumb. But I still think it is very hard to find any context in which it is okay to call the mother of your child a "f*cking c*nt". This is a beloved movie star. It's kind of shocking.....

kpacota

Toronto Woman, let's play the Oksana Game. You know what you said. Pretend you were saying this out loud and you didn't know someone taped you:

Posted at 7:29 AM on Aug 21, 2010 by TorontoWoman

Now we'll be Oksana and rearrange your words and delete some words with our special audio equipment and add in our own with our big honking studio microphone after the fact. viola!

TW, WHO WERE YOU HITTING LAST NIGHT?
those of you that think the Mel/Oksana tapes are "fake".
CAN YOU MAKE IT UP TO ME?
, please tell me how so?

WHY DON'T YOU LIK THESE TAPES? I MADE THEM MYSELF? WHY DO YOU CALL ME SUCH NAMES?
The tapes are edited or her voice was re-recorded...."F*cking c*nt, bitch, whore.

BUT MEL SAID HE WOULD BUY ME A MERCEDES BENZ. WHERE IS IT!
Mel STILL said what he said. That doesn't change.

WHY DO YOU ACCUSE MEL OF VIOLENCE?
I'm not saying Mel hit her

SHOULD OKSANA GO TO JAIL?
(a court can decide that)"F*cking c*nt, bitch, whore. a gold-digger and a b*tch

DO YOU THINK OKSANA WAS A BAD MOTHER TO THE BABY?
certainly harassed her and verbally abused her. "F*cking c*nt, bitch, whore. a gold-digger and a b*tch

WHY DO YOU THINK MEL WAS INNOCENT?
it was an imposter on the tapes... Oksana took sound bites from his movies and spliced it together.
a gold-digger and a b*tch

SO YOU THINK MEL NEVER CUSSES?
I don't recall him EVER using such language in his movies.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF OKSANA?
"F*cking c*nt, bitch, whore.

I'M GOING TO TAKE THIS RECORDING AND PLAY IT FOR OTHERS TO HEAR!
I'll put you in a f*cking rose garden" "F*cking c*nt, bitch, whore. a gold-digger and a b*tch

ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
Tell me where she would have found that audio? Oksana took sound bites from his movies and spliced it together.a gold-digger and a b*tch

WHAT DO YOU REALLY THINK OF HER?

Oksana could very well be a gold-digger and a b*tch..... a psycho...."F*cking c*nt, bitch, whore.

Posted at 7:29 AM on Aug 21, 2010 by TorontoWoman

SEE? Now we can sign your name to it and spread it around as if you really said that! (You can do this to digital.) Yes, you said those words. But not in that degree and not in that order. And not in that context. Congratulations. Now you know how Mel feels.

john

Whoopie said it the best, she said, when I'm driving and someone cuts me off, or almost causes an accident, I start swearing , that black blankie-blank, that white mother fk-er. All types of stuff I rant. I don't mean it, but I'm pissed and stuff just comes out of my mouth.

That's so true. All you oksana supporters , if there are any left, come on, get real.

She had the tape recorder and SHE KNEW she was taping him, and she was intentionally trying to get him to go off, why else would she be recording him.

Also , since she knew she was being RECORDED, of course she is gonna sound reasonable.

Hell, if MEL knew he was being recorded, I'm sure he would sound reasonable. :)

This was private conversation CENTERED around Jealousy ISSUES, Trust ISSUES. Mel felt as though she was being deceptive to him.

And she WAS. She made the tapes didn't she. And the last 3 weeks show's what she is capable of.

Sounds like MEL had his heart broken, and he just couldn't understand how this woman could act like this after him helping her career and all the money he spent on her.

Stacy

Toronto Woman,
The tapes were made for the purpose of extortion. The criminal, Oksana , probably never thought they'd really have to be used as evidence.
Name calling isn't a crime or even a misdemeanor offense as far as I know.

marysyka

I think it's good for Mel. There are taking the time. So his case is taking seriously.

Team Mel!