« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods

Divorce Finalized

8/23/2010 3:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's finally over -- Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren have officially finalized their divorce ... TMZ has confirmed.

0823-tiger-elin-getty-bn-1
Tiger and Elin were both present at Bay County Circuit Court in Panama City, Florida earlier today for the execution of their divorce agreement ... this according to court officials.

The divorce docs do not reveal details about the split -- and the terms of the settlement were not disclosed.  But as TMZ first reported, Elin is set to receive $100 million from Tiger.

Elin's lawyers released the following statement on behalf of the couple: "We are sad that our marriage is over and we wish each other the very best for the future."

The statement continues, "While we are no longer married, we are the parents of two wonderful children and their happiness has been, and will always be, of paramount importance to both of us."

"Once we came to the decision that our marriage was at an end, the primary focus of our amicable discussions has been to ensure their future well-being. The weeks and months ahead will not be easy for them as we adjust to a new family situation, which is why our privacy must be a principal concern."

0823_tiger_apology_vide0

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Friend?

It must feels bad for Tiger because many Americans and other people around the world too thought he was the perfect man, almost inhuman and after these sexscandals the bubble cracked with a crash.

My gutfeeling is that it is easier for somebody that´s not considered to be so perfect to go through this. The bigger you are, the harder you fall! Good luck in the future Tiger and Elin!

naplessell

Mike Myers should team up with Tiger on SNL - the search for Tiger's mojo, grrrr baby!

Sensible Grandma

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THERE ARE ALL THESE ELIN BASHERS. SHE DID NOTHING WRONG. HE SHOULD PAY HER FOR HIS WRONG DOINGS. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST TIGER. HE JUST USED POOR JUDGEMENT AND BASICALLY NEVER GREW UP. NOW HE HAS LOST HIS WIFE. BUT TO BASH EITHER ONE OF THEM IS RIDICULOUS. LET THEM BOTH MOVE ON AND HOPE TIGER HAS LEARNED A GREAT DEAL FROM HIS DISCRETIONS. HOPE THEY CAN BOTH BE GOOD PARENTS.

TMZgossip

If the "happiness" of their children were the foremost of their concerns they would never have gotten married. She's the big loser, having abdicated her racial status and saddling her future with two mix-race kids. But ultimately he is to blame, for having the temerity even to approach her in the first place. That's the sad thing about money and fame these days: It confuses black men and white women into thinking it's appropriate for them to be together at all. It's definitely not.

Posted at 12:16 PM on Aug 23, 2010 by offtheproperty

ahem...

adjust your sheet, it seems to be blocking your vision

Donna

I don't blame Elin for divorcing Tiger, there is no way I would stay with a guy like Tiger, he broke the trust big time ! Bad enough when it is just 'one' broken trust, but Tiger had what 16+ skanky women for many years, he is lucky to have waqlked away with his 'balls' for sure. No wonder he wanted his privacy protected for all those years and even thanked the media at one time for privacy, boy we all fooled.
I lost all respect for him and I don't care how rich or famous he is, he is and will always be a loser!

me in Canada

#7 Mike - you don't know that this is the first time he was caught cheating. Its the first time that it has gone public and that only happened because of the car accident he was in.
No woman could put up with that much infidelity. She is a class act. Tiger has lost his credibility and will never be respected the same way ever again.

me in Canada

#7 - Mike - no one knows that it was in fact the first time he was actually caught cheating by Elin. It was the first time it went public because of the accident and the golf club throwing incident. No one knows what she put up with during their marriage.
She's much better off without him.

Marie

I guess Tiger Woods will now be able to marry Rachel Uckitel his #1 mistress.I hope he signs a really good pre-nup next time he marries.Otherwise he will become as broke as a real tiger in the woods of india.

barbie77

I just read the story about their divorce. I am truly sad about this.. because their are children involved and they are the ones that suffer... $100M well good for her.. I wish them the best We should not judge Tiger nor Elin..this is a private matter and each of them are dealing with their own pain..... knowing that this is really hard on both of them....especially the kids

SDS

Thats really not that much $$, considering how much he was/is/will be worth. And dont forget child support, another 500k per year most likely.

esj

the only relationship that stuck with tiger is Nike! Just Do It!

you can cheat all you want tiger - J.D.I.!
pay your mistress $10M - send us the bill, J.D.I.!

i'm glad for elin.

fernvert

Smart move Tiger, you played it well...got reps on the golf course to stay sharp, did not win too much to be divided and now you can get back to the winning ways. You played them all, and remember all the smart assed pundits who trashed you.

TigsDaMann

Rhonda,

How in the WORLD do you get the 120+ number? The number repeatedly bandied about was in the teens. (Sure, some skanks probably never came forward. But 100 of them?) Your number MAY be correct but I doubt you have any actual reason/evidence to believe that it IS true.

Also, I have heard that Tig is now staying at Hef's mansion. Can anyone confirm?

ginny

what a jerk, his game is going to ****, I say good.

jo

I think Tiger and Elin divorced for religous reasons: he thought he was God and she didnt. (Cant wait for this to be poached by other blog sites etc. as most comments are)