Scott Weiland

Plummets Off Stage During Concert

8/26/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland took a nasty fall off an elevated stage in Cincinnati last night -- and it took security nearly a minute just to pull him back up onto the stage.
082610_scott_weiland_fall_thumb

After taking a minute to regain his composure, Weiland -- like the frickin' rock star that he is -- picked up right in the middle of the song and belted out the rest of the show.

NC

how many of you live Cincinnati for heaven's sake?

Zane

Lip Syncing? Not hardly. The vocal part that comes in after he fell normally is sung through a megaphone. If he had been using a pre-recorded track, the vocal would have still sounded like a megaphone. It didn't. He sang that part from the pit after he fell, without the megaphone. His timing was even off a few times, as would be expected in a live situation especially after falling.

live2cd

that detroit show earlier this year must have been pre-recorded when he was drunk too with all the lyric-flubs and missed verses. or maybe he really just does sing live, even when completely f'ed up.

you people who think it was a vocal track are hilarious. and yes i was there too last night and it happened right in front of me.

Brian

When I saw STP last summer in Columbus, OH Robert(bass) jacked up the beginning of a song when he played the wrong one. Scott was visibly pissed off and they restarted. As a fellow musician I could see he was playing what I was hearing. I know the whole thing isn't pre recorded.

twyla

I saw him with velvet revolver at the warfield in SF and he fell off the stage at that show a few years ago.

Chris

Ive been to numerous STP shows and trust me there is NO LIP SYNCING!!! The monitor near him is for the lyrics, so he doesnt forget

Alex

After seeing this , it makes me sick !!!!!!!! Its totally legit that its a live pre-recording going on !! Its no Scott , Rob or Dean singing so all the fans need to stop the BS !! I got tickets for Holmdel show next week and there going on Ebay right now . I feel like my dog died , one of my heros just crumbled today !!!!

FlyOnTheWall

Alex, go to the Homdel show, see and HEAR for yourself. Then let all of us here know - especially the people that saw and HEARD the concert last night - if you still think STP is not playing and singing live! By the way Dean never sang. It's Scott and Robert singing Background vocals.
Yes I'm a fan and I will stand up for what I saw and heard last night. IT'S REAL!!!! Anyone that thinks different and doesn't know the difference is making me sick (to speak in Alex's terms).

Not-A-Fan

I've seen STP live eight times.
Scott Weiland does not lip-sync.
An STP show is one 90-minute singalong. EVERYONE knows the words to every song.
Not going to comment on Weiland's sobriety, but that was him still singing. No backing track necessary. You can land on your back and be so full of adrenaline from performing you just keep going ...I firmly believe that was the case here.
Announce some Bay Area dates, guys! I'm waiting!!!

K5

Listen to the bridge, his timing is off and he even misses a line. People who think it's lip syncing clearly don't know the song to begin with.

Diana

I absolutely love the guy. He kicks ass. And I hope there wasn't any pre-recorded music. I think he stayed on the ground to finish the chorus. He doesn't come back up until the guitar solo. I've seen them live many times and am going to see them on Sept. 24 and it has never sounded the same each time. He changes the vocals in the middle of songs. I think he is the most kick ass singer of the 90's bands.

Caleb

I was at the show and right in front of scott when he fell and drugs or alcohol had nothing to do with it. there was a gap in between the stage and platform and he didint see it and fell. He quickly regained his composure and rocked the crowd out like no other. Hands down the best show i've seen in my life.

me

F*$K YEAH!!
I love this man!!!!!

The Dude

The pure stupidity of these people on this site is amazing! Scott did not lip sync. These guys are bad ass! It's funny that people who weren't even at the show feel the need to say that? You're going off some ****ty recording. You can tell he's singing because he's not using the megaphone during "Get away, gotta get away" If he was lip syncing then you would hear the megaphone effect on his vocals which in this case you could not. Weiland does not need to lip sync because he is a true talent. End of story!

loungefly

I was near the front at the Columbus show...there was no lip-sync going on. Scott sings it hard. I hear what the haters are talking about...there does sound like some type of backing vocal going on...BUT when Scott is singing, you know it. BTW, the show was freaking amazing. My 4th time...1st time was the Purple tour...long time fan. STP rules!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments