Morphin' Producer -- Blue Ranger Was 'Pain in the Ass'

8/28/2010 4:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A guy who co-produced 450 episodes of "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" claims he's positive the Blue Ranger didn't leave the show over homophobia on the set -- insisting the departure was all about money ... but the thing he remembers most was that Blue was a "pain in the ass."

0827_power_ranger_EX

As we previously reported, former Blue Ranger David Yost just revealed he is gay -- and claimed he was forced to quit MMPR back in the day because he "was called 'f*ggot' one too many times" by staffers.

But producer Scott Page-Pagter explains, "[Yost] and two of the other actors were all getting a bonus on top of their salary.  When the other two left the show, production wanted to stop giving him the bonus, and that’s ultimately what led to his departure from the show.”

As for the allegations of homophobia, Page-Pagter told us, “I don’t know why he’s saying this, but he was the only one no one got along with ... he was a pain in the ass.”

Saban Entertainment -- the company behind the show -- had no official comment.

anna

#28

If you believe that all (or even most) gays choose to be gay, then you're truly an uneducated idiot.

I guess it's easier to believe stupid things when you're a homophobe.

Posted at 12:48 PM on Aug 30, 2010 by Mark

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe that all (or even most) gays did not choose to be gay, then you're truly an uneducated idiot.

I guess it's easier to believe stupid things when you're looking for excuses...

Steve

Gay folks choose to be "gay" the same way straight folks "choose" to be straight.

When did you "choose" to be attracted to women? Was there a time, in your puberty, when you sat down and thought: "Okay. So, when do I want to get a boner? I can get hard when I look at boobs, or get hard when I look at shirtless guys. Decisions, decisions. You know what, I think I'll like boobs. Sounds like a good choice."

I doubt it happened that way. You're straight because hey, at a certain age, you probably realized you enjoyed looking at boobs. Or maybe that's too crude - maybe you started to realize, in a general way, that maybe girls were nice, that you liked holding hands with them, that maybe the thought of kissing a girl was...yowza. And then you decide whether or not you'll act on those feelings. But the feelings themselves are not a decision.

There is no "gay" lifestyle, any more than there is a "straight" lifestyle. There are a lot of gay folks who party and have lots of sex - there are lots of straight folks who do that, too. If you're going to tell me the "gay lifestyle" is depraved (I don't know if you are, maybe you're not, but if you were to) I say: watch Jersey Shore. That's what straight people are. And then there are gay people, and straight people, who crave monogamy, or commitment, or some other sort of relationship that works well for them. We do not know what kind of "lifestyle" David Yost lives; we can't tell them from this message. All that we can tell is what he says - that he's attracted to guys.

anna

if you are an adult do what ever you wish - it's your CHOICE

again Marlon Brando said:
“Homosexuality is so much in fashion it no longer makes news. Like a large number of men, I, too, have had homosexual experiences and I am not ashamed. I have never paid much attention to what people think about me.” Marlon Brando 1976

I don't believe that they fire you because you were a gay - stop whining

timucua

To anna you ignoramous bitch. You choose no more of your sexuality than you choose what of kind of meal you want for your dinner. It is not a choice or a lifestye, it is who you are physically and sexually attractive. Most people are attracted to the other gender but some people are attracted to the same gender. If homosexuals want to be heterosexuals, some would be with the opposite sex a long time. Anne Heche and Marlon Brando are bisexuals.

justsayingisamoron

To justsaying

Why would anyone choose to be bullied and discriminated against by crazy religious bigots like you? Have you ever thought of that?

Homosexuality is NOT a choice but being a close-minded idiot like you is. You neglect the fact that there are such things as gay animals like wolves, whales etc. Read something else, perhaps psychology/science articles. Obviously your brain has rotten from the inside out from lack of use.

If people like you ran the show, it would be obvious why this guy would quit.

ANNIE THIEL

I THOUGHT HE DID A GREAT JOB BEING A BLUE RANGER AS BILLY. I THINK IT IS MEAN TO SAY TO MEAN WORDS TO HIM FOR WHAT HE IS. HE IS A PERSON WITH FEELINGS. I THINK IS WITH A DOUBT HE IS THE BEST THERE IS. I WAS A HUGE FAN OF HIM AND ALWAYS WILL BE. DAVID YOST HAS ME SUPPORT.

Janet Becraft

Saban Producer should'nt harass David Yost (as) Billy Cranston because he was doing his job as a Mighty Morphin & Power Rangers ZEO.
David was a WONDERFUL actor.
David is not (I'm not) a pain in the ass.
When you hire an actor to played the part of Billy Cranston, it doesn't give you the right to pick on him and his sex life and calling someone a f*ggot is not nice to call a actor like that.
Power Ranger fans like me liked David Yost (as) Billy Cranston and again, he was a great actor and a great Gymnist athlete.
I don't think that David's former Co-Stars of MMPR does not like the comment from Haim Saban.
David, if your reading this from TMZ.com, you were a wonderful actor as Billy Cranston and a Blue Ranger (MMPR) and a Gold Ranger (PRZ) because you were my favorite actor.
David, happy 19th and almost 20th Anniversary of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (MMPR).

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3