Paris Hilton -- 'It Wasn't My Purse'

8/28/2010 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton wouldn't be caught dead with the purse that contained cocaine -- and that will be her defense in her Las Vegas cocaine arrest ... TMZ has learned.

Paris Hilton Cocaine in Purse
Sources who have spoken with Paris since her arrest on the Vegas strip late last night tell TMZ ... she insists the purse -- with what we're told contained a small amount of cocaine -- was not hers.

As we first reported, she's hired powerful Vegas lawyer David Chesnoff to handle the case ... and he already got her sprung without posting bail.

You'll recall Paris used the "the-drugs-weren't-mine" defense in South Africa last month, after being detained by police. No charges were filed against her.

As for the Vegas case, as far as we know she was the only woman in the car that was stopped, but she had been partying at a club prior to the bust where other women and purses were present.

Broeheem

Yeah yeah yeah. I know - she switched purses with Lindsay Lohan's assistant. Seriously.... is that the best she can do?

Geez. Just buy the LV Police Department already.

boro silicate

post #55
you think her publicity people might have planted that story? nevada doesnt eff around. we shall see.

Bippy

If she said that it sounds like a person on COPS - you know when they find dope in their back pocket they say - its not mine and I don't know how it got there!! Best cure for her is the loss of her freedom and deprivation of her personal pleasures!!!!!! - One bimbo out of jail (LILO) and now another bimbo getting ready to go back to jail and they deserve it because they think that they are above the law & etc!!

Dani

Dani

I get it now!! She carries an EXTRA purse around, at all times, with no ID in it....the one that contains her drugs, separate from her REAL purse which contains her ID in it so, she can always claim, that's not my purse or my drugs...angle. I get it now. Two purses Paris? One for the drugs and one for you. One to claim, it's not mine! Very clever however, 3 busts in how many months? Too much, too soon Paris and this time...cocaine? It might not work for you plus, you are still in possession! Still a crime! Keep on tweeting and laughing about it. You might be surprised that they are catching on to your scam! I know, I'm catching on! LMAO!!

Dani

kickaboo

Sure that wasn't cocaine in Lindsay's pocket either, what is Paris saying the men she hangs with carry women purses or she Paris stole another woman's purse containing coke? Nah, I think Paris is just a druggie and does what she always done when she gets caught....deny, deny, deny.

Dani

sorry about the triple post. didn't think it took and then later....it TOOK and then some! hate when that happens. Sorry again!

Darlene

Give her a break, maybe shes telling the truth!

anonymous

When does she take responsibility for anything?

HarlotO'Hara

When does she take responsibility for anything?

Posted at 9:13 AM on Aug 28, 2010 by anonymous

Never. When she kills herself her parents will make excuses for her then.

Anon

Paris has been caught so many times it's sickening. At some point, she will be caught in a way that no high priced lawyer will be able to do a thing and I will be so very glad.

Anon

FreakHater

Austin Powers Said "It's nawt mine reeally" on the ****pump, so maybe it'll work for Paris too!!!!

Observer999

I think 90 days of real jail (serving the full term) might be in order if she's found guilty.