Slash Files for Divorce -- And It's Bad

8/30/2010 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Slash has filed for divorce, TMZ has learned, and it's gonna get ugly.

0830_docs_slash_EX_getty

According to legal docs just filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Slash -- real name Saul Hudson -- cites irreconcilable differences. Slash and wife Perla Ferrar have two boys, age 6 and 8.  Slash is asking for joint physical and legal custody.

Sources close to the couple tell TMZ the breakup is extremely acrimonious.

Slash, who is repped by disso-queen Laura Wasser, is willing to pay spousal support, according to the docs. There is no prenup.

The couple was married in October 2001. Slash lists the date of separation as July 15, 2010.

0709_split_footer

aquanet

I've always liked Slash. ALways very cool. HIs wife on the other hand....yikes. She can kick his ass though. Wonder why they split? Odd. ITs usually the wife that files with musicians.

Cella

This is sad. I've met Slash before and he's always been extremely kind and gracious. I was hoping they would make it - after all it's been about 9 years since they got married. I wish him luck. She seems like a looney toon.

anony

Drugs. Other women. Tired of shagging the same woman over and over. Pick one.

No prenup? Ugly is not the word for what this will become.

Freaks!

Which one is the sane one?

Q

He's actually a Jew from England with a Black American Mother right? Not that it matters, but please folks, lets not start thinking he's American, he's not, nor or his habits of carousing and drug use and holding grudges.. I'm surprised he doesnt have heart disease from all the smoking he's done. I mean I wish the guy luck, but she looks like a weirdo---how and why would a supposedly shy man ever pick a foul mouth, loud mouth, aggressive rhymes with witch kind of woman to spend the rest of your life with?

Dude has a serious personality disorder and hidden anger---he's on record as saying he hasnt spoken to Axl Rose since 1996...hold a grudge much Slash? Maybe thats part of the broken marriage too huh dude? Guy turns on the people who helped make him famous in the public and at home too I guess..who knows what the real truth is here.

Lighten up guy

iamsuperdan

I'm not a GNR fan, nor am I a Velvet Revolver fan, but poster #2, Slash is a crazy talented guitarist.

I've met Slash twice now, and both times he was courteous and obliging with photos and autographs and whatnot.

his soon to be ex sure sounds like a piece of work though.

Good luck to him.

Nostradamus

"Acrimonious" hehe
That's an awful big word for the grammatically challenged writers @ TMZ. Did someone bring a thesaurus to today's show-and-tell?

Gunnergirl

Number 5, you sound bitter and judgmental. What ever...
I think Slash will be a TRUE man that will take care of the mother of his children.

Pretty LL

Wow, I would not be surprised if she was caught completely off guard.

Dani

@Pretty LL

Apparently, you didn't read the article? If you had you would have read "Sources close to the couple tell TMZ the breakup is extremely acrimonious."

I don't think, she was caught, as you put it, "completely off-guard".

vince

He is American he moved from the UK to Los Angeles when he was 11 and became a legal citizen in 1992. He grew up in L.A. and he pays American taxes. It also makes sense that a shy person would be attracted to someone that could speak for them when they don't feel like it

Superman

Put me down for "he got caught cheating on her" in the TMZ office pool.

Dani

Put me down for "he got tired of her mouth always yapping" in the TMZ office pool.

Personally, him filing for divorce...makes me think he wants out and away from her for some reason. I could be wrong but, I saw TMZ catch them coming out of a restaurant and she DOES have a mouth on her. I was shocked because he does seem so quiet. I didn't expect him to marry someone like her. To each their own. My best to them all at such a difficult time. Especially, the children. This will be hard for them.

bahhh

I am thinking he maybe already has someone on the horizon since he apparently has it all figured out.....maybe not

Pretty LL

@Dani, If you read her twitter you'll see where she's talking about slash and saying just a week or two ago that everything has always been great between them blah blah (I'm paraphrasing, go read). It doesn't sound at all like a woman going through a separation or divorce