Jennifer Lopez

'American Idol' Deal

Imminent

9/2/2010 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer Lopez is in the final stages of negotiations with "American Idol" -- and we're told it's all but a done deal and Jennifer will be the last critical link in the chain.

0802_jennifer_lopez_EX_getty
Sources connected to the negotiations tell TMZ ... contrary to some news reports ... there has been no drama and no diva demands.  As one source puts it, "It's been typical negotiating."

We're told ... absent a last-minute snag (which is highly unlikely) ... the deal could be inked as early as next week.

"Idol" sources say producers believe Jennifer is the key to re-energizing the show.

why is she there ?

JUST SAY NO,
IT WILL DIE A DEATH, THE RATINGS WILL HIT ROCK BOTTOM THIS SEASON,
STICK THAT FORK IN DEEP.
FINISHED .
DONE
DEAD.

JEmerson

Well that sucks. I wanted Shania Twain as the new judge.

C

she can't sing, she can't act...married to the ugliest skinniest dog on the planet, and they want her on this loser show?

NimbleBean

Is it too much to ask that at least one of the AI judges be able to sing?

Mee

Latin people hate her because she snubbed them so bad until recently she started licking up to them (is in need)
The rest of the people can't stand her either
NO TALENT

Onalee

.... CAN'T STAND THE BITCH !!!!!!!

tim

...and American Idol is key re-energizing J-Lo's career, which has been going nowhere.

thehoch

I have watched every season....until now. If she is the judge, I WILL NOT WATCH! Seriously....She adds nothing, her personality isn't right for this forum, she jumped the shark just after Jenny from the block.

Done! Put a fork in it....Steven Tyler isn't much better.

Who's getting paid the big bucks to make these decisions. I could do a WAAAAY better job for a quarter of their cost.

Call me, seriously....

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Okay ATTENTION all NETWORKS that cancelled some of their shows that were opposite AMERICAN IDOL and drowned because of A.I'S ratings. Please bring back "Old Christine" etc. because I will now have those time periods available again to watch your shows now that Simon is gone. No interest in Idol whatsoever anymore........

JoJo

Please no! I love the show, but can't stomach her.

Bob Smith

OMG! are you guys that desperate for a judge? You guys are better of hiring William Hung..... people will acutually watch your show......

EMA444

How can a person be a judge if they can't sing?!?!? American Idol is already gonna be crap now that Simon is gone.

MissAnn

Blah. AI is done for.

rene

YEA! I am soooooooo happy JLO will be on American idol

Rebel

No way will I watch this show now, I am sorry J-Lo has no right to judge others as she is not that good of a singer herself,,, Simon was the show and with out him no way is it going to last!!!!!!!!!!!