T.I. and His Wife Busted for Possession

9/2/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The honeymoon is over for T.I. and his wife Tameka Cottle because TMZ has learned they were arrested tonight and booked for the alleged possession of a controlled substance.

0902_ti_tiny_EX_tmz_03

Law enforcement sources tell us L.A. County Sheriff's deputies pulled over the multi-platinum selling rapper and his wife in a Maybach on Sunset Boulevard around 10:18PM. Deputies say they smelled marijuana.

When searching the vehicle cops found a controlled substance. Law enforcement sources tell us the controlled substance was not cocaine, but rather the class of controlled substance that triggered the arrest includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

The couple just got married on July 30 in Miami, and T.I. -- real name Clifford Harris Jr. -- is on probation after doing seven months in prison on federal weapons charges.

Law enforcement sources say both T.I. and Tameka were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

We're told T.I. and Tameka are in custody right now. Bail amount is $10,000.

UPDATE: T.I. and Tameka were released around 4:00AM.

0902_ti_tiny_footer

Cole

What a bunch of B.S.
Paris Hilton can get caught with cocaine falling out of her bag and gets off without a slap on the wrist and TI gets caught cuz the cops smelled weed coming from the car and they get arrested. Just shows how racisim is still alive in america. This is a injustice... not fair....

my opinion

To the poster that commented that LAPD has nothing better to do...it is NOT LAPD....West Hollywood is SHERIFF jurisdiction.

Minna

I used 2 go crazy for Tip until I read this... :/
I'm so ****ing dissapointed in him....for being such a dumbass.... what happened 2 'I haven't touched any illegal supstance ever since I started rapping' -.-' SMH I'm a fan, but he should really go 2 jail not 4 drugs, but for being SUCH a dumbass... :/

Ayana

DUMB!!!!!!!

Sandi

Can you say STUPID?

christi0429

WHO Cares about these losers! They both look stupid!

Super girl

ONLY IN AMERICA !!!!. I can't believe you guys, Why is that that its hard to learn a lesson in this country. Why must one do drug to live up to expectation. I've traveled round the working and as an immigrant, Am still yet to put this puzzle together.

This country is really what people call it. " SODOM AND GOMORRAH ""

Ladyreason

DAMN......... WHAT THIS WORLD COMING TOO..... YOU IF YOUR GOING TO BLOW BACK DO I AT THE HOTEL OR IN THE BACK OF THE CLUB.......SILLY KIDS
HE IS FROM THE HOOD HE SHOULD NO BETTER THEN TO SMOKE IN THE CAR WHILE DRIVING

Damian Ra

setup for Tiny to take the fall, TI's "sacrifice" watch him blow back up on the charts....

Keirra

Tameka should put everything on herself....ESPECIALLY is she has no priors.....I know I would, sad, but true.

Donna

Well....Little Miss Piggy finally OINKED! I swear this woman could be the real "Miss Piggy" T.I. you are a dummy!

CS

T.I.,

DIDN'T I HEAR YOU TELL EVERYONE IN THE WORLD THAT YOU WERE GOING TO BE A CHANGED MAN after having to go to prison...the MTV show and all that was just BS...Good LAWD....U don't have the sense that your momma gave you. YOU have TALENT...STOP SCREWING UP!!!!!

jess richardson

I can't believe that T.I. got put in jail for this. I think the police are watching him because he is freshly out of prison. They need to back off.

cocoa

I am so dissapointed. I live in Atlanta and I looooove me some TI but this is inexcusable!!! How could he smoke in the car!! If you must do marijuanna, do it at home!!! Dang!!

LAQUONDA

DAMN THAT ****!!FREE TIP!!HE AINT THE FIRST WONT BE THE LAST!!HELL IT PROBABLY WAS TINY ****!!