T.I. and His Wife Busted for Possession

9/2/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The honeymoon is over for T.I. and his wife Tameka Cottle because TMZ has learned they were arrested tonight and booked for the alleged possession of a controlled substance.

0902_ti_tiny_EX_tmz_03

Law enforcement sources tell us L.A. County Sheriff's deputies pulled over the multi-platinum selling rapper and his wife in a Maybach on Sunset Boulevard around 10:18PM. Deputies say they smelled marijuana.

When searching the vehicle cops found a controlled substance. Law enforcement sources tell us the controlled substance was not cocaine, but rather the class of controlled substance that triggered the arrest includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

The couple just got married on July 30 in Miami, and T.I. -- real name Clifford Harris Jr. -- is on probation after doing seven months in prison on federal weapons charges.

Law enforcement sources say both T.I. and Tameka were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

We're told T.I. and Tameka are in custody right now. Bail amount is $10,000.

UPDATE: T.I. and Tameka were released around 4:00AM.

0902_ti_tiny_footer

BB in CA

"…dat would have happend to anybody." and "Boooooooooooo stop hate/n"

NO, it wouldn't happen to anyone that was thinking straight. And we don't hate, but as a fan, I am very disappointed. He is a rapper/actor so we are going to hear about this sh*t and wonder how many chances he needs before he stops doing stupid things like this.

P FROM LA N LV

**** THE POLICE

Benjamin Robinson

People are people, no matter celeb, politicians, who ever, what ever, DRUG'S DON'T DISCRIMINATE.Do drugs you will do stupid things, no matter what. Getting high in a Maybach, come on that's disrespect to the automoble lol, I just hope they impound the car for life because it didn't deserve to be abused like that....lol

eiuekd

did anyone else feel like the police were just being really hard on them? when they said the controlled substance was not cocaine, but the CLASS of the drug is in the same as ecastcy. in the begining of the article it says they were pulled over and then they smelled marijuana, so they decided to search more... and besides the fact that it's utterly ignorant to have marijuana classified as so much worse than things that are in end worse that marijuana will ever be,
idk....just me i guess

Brooke

Honestly, I don't like Ti as mucha as I use to in Middle School. But,omfg, what he did, was freakin' stupd. You go Ti. Celeberties, just make me sick. Thinkin' that they can do whatever they wan't, but they can't. they're just like regular people, just with more talent. & more money.sheesh. when will they learn?

matt

Where is the weed they smelled that gave them " cause " to search the car?

tt

i think TI is dum fo dat and his wife **** DEM

elizabeth

what the heckk? just got out for a gun or something, and now hes back in? go to therapyy you idiot.

joe joe

He should get busted for having bad taste in women. Why would he marry this ugly old hag? Must have gotten lonely in jail.

michaelG

Dont be mad at TI...If your woman was that busted, you would need extacsy to just look at that face!!

keae

they both dumb is **** if YOU ask me! t.i be talking all this bull**** about getten his **** together but stil with the same **** GROW THE **** UP T.I AND BULL A MAN AND STOP LYING TO UR FANs!!!!!!

tank

We as people really need to keep praying for these people. It does not matter who you are anymore. Get on the right track and just do the right thing because tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Our children are looking at everything we do so please stop the stupid stuff and be real. We are just feeding into all this dumb stuff for what? They are no better than anyone else, they are just flesh. When you know better you will do better. Stay Blessed

RIO

set up! set up! set up!how do you pull over a ****in MAYBACH going down the street! ****in set up!!!!!!

CHEEKS

PEOPLE SHOULD JUST LET THEM BE BUT I GUESS THATS THE WAY THE WORLD GO PEOPLE NEED TO FIND SOMETHING OR SOMEONE TO TALK ABOUT. PEOPLE SHOULD ASK THEM SELF THIS HOW COME THEY JUST HAD TO STOP THEM OF ALL PEOPLE COME ON. TINY AND TI HOLD YOUR HEAD AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK.

Bobby

Damn man i thought you would change. "still i stand" guess those were just lyrics not real feelings. I spent 3 years on lock down. you only did 7 months the feds, that was a blessing!!! Isn't your Family worth more than a new charge?