« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jay Mariotti -- Accused of Stealing GF's Purse

9/13/2010 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Famed sportswriter and ESPN personality Jay Mariotti has been charged for an alleged attack on his GF last month ... and now we've learned he may have stolen her purse.

0903_jay_EX_Getty_01
As we previously reported, Mariotti -- a frequent guest on ESPN's "Around the Horn" -- was arrested on August 21 after allegedly roughing up his girlfriend following a spat at a Santa Monica nightclub.

Now, the L.A. City Attorney has charged Mariotti with 7 misdemeanors ... including 4 domestic violence charges, false imprisonment, vandalism and grand theft.

We're told Mariotti is accused of taking his girlfriend's purse and keys -- and the purse is valued at more than $400.

If convicted on all charges -- Mariotti could spend more than a year behind bars.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

moblaw

man a women can bring you down faster than anything,men watch out

HAHA

What will Woody(Paige) do? Who will talk to him now??? Will Woody ever find another friend?

Y do he got

CAT FIGHT WOWCER

Throwback kid

It's time for ESPN to fire this moron.

Unzar Jones

Sure are a lot of judgmental pricks in this comment area.

jessiepearl

funny post! enjoyed reading it…Heard about this site from my friend. He pointed me here and told me I’d find what I need. He was right! I got all the questions I had, answered. Didn’t even take long to find it. Love the fact that you made it so easy for people like me.

Jay

Hope the bag matched your eyes at least, Mariotti!

Jamie Schlueter

Post #1- Are you kidding me? If your post was true there wouldn't be no blackmen on the streets. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Stop stealing purses. Get a job.

spike

ATH has never been better! (well we still have Michael Smith once in a while) "Whack" that arrogant bastard once and for all. No more self righteous statements from this clown from Chicago. (arguably the most corrupt city in the U.S.)

mimi

WOW The purse is worth $400..I think those cheesy Coach bags are more than that

joe

Isn't it about time the girl name is out since she is a wacko
lying bitch? Allyson Wagoner

Davinci

Unfortunate situation. I enjoyed his commentary on Around the Horn. So now i guess i have to leave that to Woody Paige. LOL

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2