Kara DioGuardi -- Fired From 'American Idol'

9/4/2010 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

FOX is finally telling people what TMZ told you five weeks ago -- Kara DioGuardi  has been fired from "American Idol" ... actually, FOX isn't using the word "fired," but that's exactly what happened.

0903_kara_diguardi_tmz_BN
In a statement released by FOX, DioGuardi said, "I felt like I won the lottery when I joined 'American Idol' two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave 'Idol.'"

As we first reported, FOX decided long ago to 86 DioGuardi but kept her in the dark until recently.

As we reported yesterday, the last touches are being put on the Jennifer Lopez deal  ... it should be finalized next week.

Abe

Yup, it's a good time to leave Idol. Without Simon, it's going to go downhill into the crapper really fast.

You don't want to be on a drowning ship after it starts taking on water.

x

My two cents ;)

I am not a fan of Kara. I was totally unimpressed when rather than be a judge and a mentor she began a stupid feud with "bikini girl" just seemed all so into herself. Good riddance. Paula should have NEVER have been let go! I told you so

SEER

GLAD TO SEE HER GO. SHE WAS A LOUSY JUDGE AND ACTED LIKE SHE OWNED THE PLACE!

PatinNJ

The only thing worthwhile that she added was the time that she showed off her bikini body.

supadupa

See ya, sure like to be ya.

O'Brien

Jennifer Lopez is an overrated HACK!!! Her and AI can eat it!!!

Lenn K.

This was Simon's show, it's like Gunsmoke without Matt Dillion, Star Trek without Capt Kirk or All in the Family without Archie Bunker. This show is dead as a doornail.

pizza

J Lo got Kara fired because Kara is as pretty and her butt is half the size.

marcia

Can't say that I'm sad about it. I never got use to her and didn't like her all that much, especially after she tried to show up the bakini girl with her singing. It wasn't classy and totally unprofessional....good riddance.

Hollywood

Kara's dad is a former congressman who is now running for the US Senate. The political skills were learned well as the bad news, which she knew was coming, is timed to hit the media at 8PM Friday on a long holiday weekend.

Politicians and smart businesses always release these kind of stories on Friday night as a news dump, so it will be forgotten by Monday. In this case, Tuesday.

Happy Labor Day!

jackie

Good! Glad she is gone........

wasted days and wasted nights

Idol is slowly going the way of the buffalo.

Professor Chaos

Who cares. It's a dumb karaoke show.

Horndog

Who?

alynn

Kara is a talented singer and song writer. She did fine on AI; better than Randy!!! I liked Ellen for her sensitivity and comical remarks. Of course, Simon was the show!!!!!!!! I hope better days, however, not impressed with the new judges coming on board.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments