Robert Schimmel Dies

9/4/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Robert Schimmel died last night in a Phoenix hospital from injuries he sustained in a car accident last week. He was 60 years old.

0904_robert_schimmel_BN_getty
As TMZ first reported, Schimmel was the passenger in a serious car accident after his daughter, who was driving at the time, swerved to avoid an accident. She's still in the hospital, but we're told she'll be ok.

Schimmel is perhaps best known for his work on "The Howard Stern Show."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Brandon

This poor guy could never catch a ****ing break.

B

How awful for his daughter. It would be a long time before I ever drove a car again.

Navin Johnson

F*ck Schimmel. (That's the way he woud've wanted it.)R.I.P.

Criss

What's with TMZ having to mention Stern every time they mention Bob? R.I.P. Mr Schimmel.

Jess

RIP funny man.
Chat about this on the bottom of www.artiefannetwork.com
Chat is open to non-members also.

Anthony

I feel bad for both Bob and his daughter. He loved that kid and she knows it. Its not her fault he died, accidents happen all the time. And the only reason I ever heard about him and his daughter was the Stern show. Of course when it was on free radio, I never bothered with Sirius. Not in my car long enough to waste money on that.

Dani

wow, RIP.

I hope his daughter can move past this and knows, it's just a freak accident. It happens and as tragic as it is, she has to know, he had health issues that I'm sure complicated his recovery. She can't go through life blaming herself. Not when she's only 19. How sad. My thoughts and prayers will be with the entire family and though he had a messed up life, I can only hope he's at peace now.

Hench

R.I.P Schimmel - you were a funny guy. I hope your daughter doesn't let this knock her down..tough stuff to deal with after the fact..accidents do happen.

Rick James

RIP Robert - I loved his comedy - You will be missed.

studrail

R.I.P

Aaron Salmon

RIP. I don't how his daughter is going to recover from this. =(

studrail

R.I.P

damn

heard about it last night on twitter. what happened to breaking news, TMZ?

Trisha

His poor daughter. She's got alot of rough days ahead of her. :( Hopefully she has a lot of good relatives and friends to support her. RIP Rob.

david

Loved his work on Friends. Never forget the funny scenes he had at the beginning of the show with his pet monkey. Never cared too much for his movies. He will always be remembered as a friend. One of his biggest fans here......RIP

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments