Minka Kelly:

I Didn't Freak Out on Delta

9/7/2010 8:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Minka Kelly claims she didn't freak out on an airplane earlier today ... and never called boyfriend Derek Jeter ... this according to her lawyer.

0907_Minka_Kelly_Getty_01

There's a report circulating that Minka had an epic meltdown on a flight from NY to LAX earlier today when she wasn't allowed to put her dog on her seat during takeoff.

According to the report, it took all seven flight attendants, a personal plea from the pilot ... and a phone call to boyfriend Derek Jeter to calm her down.

But Kelly's lawyer, Marty Singer, tells TMZ ... Minka paid extra to bring her dog on board the flight.  There was never an issue on the L.A./New York trip.  But Singer says on the return trip, the flight attendant would not let Minka's dog in the first class cabin during takeoff and landing because of space issues.  Singer says Minka took her dog back to coach for takeoff and landing and spent the rest of the time with her pooch in first class.

Singer calls the freak-out story "ridiculous," adding she would have been kicked off the flight if she went nuts.  As for calling Jeter, Singer says it didn't happen -- she called her manager who booked the flight in an attempt to convince the flight attendant she had made accommodations for the dog in first class.

awards

She and the dog should have been in cargo!

jj

I would've freaked out too if I paid for my dog to be in the first class cabin and the stupid flight attendant wouldn't allow it. My dog is like my child so wherever I am he goes with me.

tiffany

I would've LOVED to see that freakout on tape! Children crying, dogs barking and lunatic passengers, what a super fun flight...

tiffany

Children crying, dogs barkinging, and lunatic passengers are the perfect ingredients for a screwed up flight!

Fred Farkel

After reading stories like this... I am ashamed to be white.

awards

#3.
She and the dog should have been in cargo!

Posted at 4:34 PM on Sep 7, 2010 by awards
___________________________________________

... Jealous much?

Posted at 4:47 PM on Sep 7, 2010 by MightyMad

Are you concerned or curious?

Donald Ray

These people that can't differentiate between a freakin' ANIMAL and a HUMAN make me SICK. Stick that damn MUTT in a CRATE, put his ass in CARGO and be done with it."My dog is like my child", such STUPIDITY. I'd be ashamed to say, I love a dog like I love my child.

george clooney

Derek Jeter....the boy is hitting 264! Are you the cause of that as well? He gets a hit in a game now and its like he wants a new contract. He is over the hill...in fact, I would drop him if I was you.

lola

The dog should be up front and her ugly ass in cargo. She is nothing but a plastic surgery loving gold digging whore. Sleeps with married men and is after the $$$ like her las Vegas show girl Momma. TRASH She isnt even a celebrity- just a cleet chaser.

lola

That girl has a serious pig nose.

EZPZ3

PUT THE DAMN DOG IN THE CARGO WITH THE REST OF THE PASSENGER PROPERTY!

Majestik

Um scuse me, aside from all the typical jokes.

IF she paid for a seat for the dog beside her, then the dog goes on that seat during take off. You aren't allowed ANYTHING on your seat, ONE SMALL THING UNDER your feet, as long as it goes under a seat during take off. I don't give a flying fig if you are Queen Elizabeth with her Corgies. NOTHING goes on your lap during take off. PERIOD!!!

Derek Jeter is who? (and before you all rip me a new one, I actually know who he is, this is for the sake of arguement). I'll bet when Obama gets on Air Force one NO ONE is allowed the dog on their lap.

jeff

I bet SHE is the reason Jeter is playing so bad. He needs to get rid of the baggage and literally take out the trash. Step up and be a captain again.

Blue Lake

If she has Singer for a lawyer she was probably having sex with the dog.

Superman

This is the first time that I ever heard of a dog (or other animal) anywhere but in cargo. I'm more inclined to believe she did freak-out about it. I'm thinking she must have already had herpes before she got with Jeter, otherwise she would have had a major freak-out when he gave it to her.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments