Spencer Pratt -- I Was Arrested in Costa Rica

9/12/2010 11:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We're not vouching for Spencer Pratt, but his people tell TMZ Spencer was busted at an airport in Costa Rica for illegal possession of a firearm.

0912_Spencer_Pratt_TMZ_ex
As the story goes ... Spencer was on his way out of the country when he was busted for felony possession. We're told he was booked and processed at a local jail and later released after turning over the weapons and signing a confession with the DA.  Yes, we're skeptical, too.

So far, we haven't been able to confirm any of this. But we do have this bizarre statement from Spencer himself:

"As part of my spiritual cleansing I've spent the last week living alone in the jungle, reflecting on my past transgressions, and working to become a better person. I had to live off the land, and hunt to survive. As I departed the country this morning to continue my spiritual journey, I mistakenly brought my hunting weapons to the airport. It was an honest mistake, and they sent me on my way. On an unrelated note, I'm not allowed in the country anymore -- but that's because of the chicken incident."

Well, we know he can't get arrested in Hollywood ...

t jam

CAN WE SAY DOUCHE BAG !!WHO CARES ONE LIE AFTER ANOTHER ,, TMZ PLEASE STOP MENTIONING HIM ,,THERE HAS TO BE BETTER PEOPLE TO REPORT ON , NOT SO PHONY ONES

Terri

So over him! It's so sad how desperate they are for attention. This was a ploy so he could announce his new bogus stunt about living in the jungle. Honestly, everyone hates them. I bet the next step will be a rehab. With our horrible luck, on TV with Dr. Drew on Celebrity Rehab. Media Whore is no longer a good name for him. This is a damaged guy with serious mental issues. I remember when he was Brody's punk BF on Princes of Malibu. He was always a punk rich kid, but he's officially taken it to a whole new level. DONE WITH HIM! We know your suppose to post gossip on celebrities, but they are not! I'd rather hear gossip about A and B Listers. Not C and D Listers.

Jodi

Hey Spencer, 15 minutes called...they want their fame back!!

Farrah Famous

I don't understand why these two are given any air time anymore after their whole "Divorce" for their reality show has been exposed as a total fake, since they were recently discovered to still be together. She was even hiding her face in some photos - why is that? They can't even do Fake properly.

We have been so overexposed to Celebrities lately that we are beginning to really see the obvious line between a Celebrity and a Star.
We have to stop providing Celebrities with the same attention we do for actual Stars because in the end they are just untalented people who always let us down.

FYI: I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THE Spencer Pratt SLIME RIDE

Dani

TMZ, are you listening?!?! We don't care. We don't want to hear about these two ever again unless it's their obit. WHY won't you listen to us and stop reporting on them???? I'm about to ban TMZ too!!

thehoch

Honestly, do not blame Spencer Pratt. Yes, he's a major douche, but who keeps reporting on him. TMZ and the media.

Without a forum, he's nothing.

So please TMZ, please reporting on this idiot. Seriously, I'd rather you do stories on water skiing squirrels.

Thank you!

Skinned

Can this tool fall in the ocean and be lunch for a school of man eating gay sharks?

TD

===============================================================
Ya know.... If you idiots would stop reporting on this fame whore tool, he and his plastic wife/ex wife would just go away

Posted at 8:13 AM on Sep 12, 2010 by Glenn
===============================================================

So stupid. Who is it that is feeding the story ?

It's you "Glenn" ... if people would just ignore the story then the problem would be solved. Instead, it's you that comments on it and keeps it going.

P A T H E T I C

Tara

I wonder if his parents think of him as an honest mistake.

Jazabel

Where is Jigsaw 2.0 when you need him? Oh, I forgot they need to come to Slovakia first. 9 people were found in abandoned building, most of them were drug addicts, and one of them was also a cop. They were all dead and the scene was like Jigsaw torture area. So yes, people, some one actually went through great lenghst to become Jigsaw no 2. The tv, traps, jigsaws. In the end it was discovered that 8 people sacrificed a large amount of their blood to save that cop. In the end cop was killed by their own wish for freedom. They got also killed.
So dont go to Slovakia. There is a mad man out there.

DANA

for all the people here Observer is the prick
be carefull

DANA

the prick cant survie even half day in the jungle
apart from that hunting is forbiden in CR

Kate

Dear TMZ POSTERS,

TMX will never stop articles on ANYONE until YOU stop clicking on the story.

Once you click it is recorded and it is profitable.

If you post a comment, especially posts "To TMZ", asking they why or moaning and whining about content, is is MORE profitable.

They DO NOT READ YOUR COMMENTS, they COUNT your clicks and comments.

GET IT? Got it?

GOOD!

Vegas Wrestling

Why does TMZ report on him? Because we respond.

Don't post, TMZ moves on. HEY TMZ, why not report on him taking a wizz. At least it would be a fact.

Kate