« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Ochocinco

Takes Patriots Fan to Dinner

9/14/2010 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chad Ochocinco didn't hold a grudge against Patriots fans this week just because Cincinnati played New England -- in fact, Chad singled out one Pats season ticket holder and bought the guy the dinner of his life.

0913_chad_ochocinco_ex_tmz
The lucky fan is a dude named Will Ditullo -- a die-hard Pats supporter who built a friendship with Ochocinco through Chad's iPhone app.

After learning that Will recently lost his mother to diabetes ... Ochocinco made an effort to connect with the guy in Boston before the game.

We're told the two met up at a fancy restaurant near the Bengals' hotel in Boston -- and Will had the "night of his life" ... in which the two talked about everything from sports to how he coped with his mother's death.

Of course Chad picked up the bill -- but you can't really put a price on a night like that.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

scott

I am a Ravens fan (which we play against him 2x per yr) and I like this guy. Always have.

Chuck

What a cool gesture. Too bad more athletes wouldn't take the lead and do the same.

ella

Roger

This guy is really a class act.. More high profile people (actors, politicians, athletes) should take a page out of his book. Way to go Chad

wasted days and wasted nights

I've been a fan of this gent since I happened upon one of his reality shows. Seems like a super nice guy.

vinnyhiggins@gmail.com

True story. My wife works with Will's wife (the woman in the photo) she told me about this over the weekend and I wasn't a bit surprise that Ocho would do this! He is always inviting his facebook/twitter followers to dinner. He really is a great guy and I hope that the has a great season!!

Lou

I have been a Patriots Fan since 1960... when they played at BU field. I watched the game and saw chad take a brutal hit near the sidelines, he got up and shook the defenders hands and said "nice hit". This guy is truly a gentelman and anybody that talks bad about him is not a football fan. The negetive coments are just to get attention because they can't take anythig possitive. I hope more players act like him.

Lou

get a life ho

Chad is a pure class act .

It's nice to see someone ( rich & famous ) who feels fortunate enough to give back his time & money to others including total strangers .

Who else in the NFL gives back like this ?

His Prince Michael

Having P.R. people working in overdrive? Tens of thousands.
Paying for dinner (and a photographer)? Hundreds.
Knocking-out a sombrero and serape wearing (and insulting)
NFL meat-head with an incorrect Spanish surname?
PRICELESS.

yankeesin2010

Where is chads t-shirt from?

Dave Speed

They Stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Providence, not a Boston...come on guys...get your **** straight.

Tosh Riley

Chad is the coolest dude. I have more respect for him every time I hear a story like that. Check out that bad shirt he's sporting. I did some digging and found it here... http://store.newstandardclothing.com/Painted_Tiger_Freshfauxx_Black_V_Neck_Adult_Tee_p/nuas1207.htm

Love the Bengals fashion statement!

t

CLASS ACT!!!!! Im a Pats fan born and raised, but have come to like alot of different players for their off field actions!!!!! Here is a man that gives a ton back to society and if anyone says otherwise then you are full of crap!!!!! Oh, one more note, about him not giving back to boyz in the hood....get a friggen life he's given so much to the kids in Cincy, majority of them who have nothing .....check your facts before you spew iggnorance like that, must be because he's been seen out with a white woman, GET OVER IT!!!!

Rae Yingling

Julie and Will what an awesome night for you both...your Mother, my dear friend, is looking down on you with so much love it her eyes...especially since she was a dedicated Patriot's fan! What an exciting night it must have been.

Dwayne

It's hard to believe Chad could get bad mouthed for this story. I mean come on, even if the guy did it for publicity, you still have to give him credit for doing it. Chad just likes to have fun, and he's not shy about letting people know he likes to have fun. Somebody glossed him as a "self hater" because he didn't help poor black kids. COME ON! If he had done it, they would still be hating on him because he "should have done more". He is never going to get credit for being exactly what he appears to be, a rich, young athlete having a great time. Classy move Chad, no matter WHY you did it. If you are ever in Los Angeles and you want to by me dinner, hold a prayer with me and give me an autographed picture, I am totally down with it; oh, yeah sorry we don't have a team. Never mind.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments