Jennifer Lopez

Is a Go On 'Idol'

... for One Year

9/14/2010 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed ... Jennifer Lopez has signed a 1-year deal with "American Idol" for "a little more than $12 million" -- this according to sources connected with the show.

0914_jlo_american_idol_BN

It's somewhat surprising that the deal is only for one year ... given the nature of the "A.I." franchise.

Nonetheless -- as first reported by Nikki Finke at DeadlineHollywood.com, it is a done deal and Jennifer Lopez is expected to be at the judges' table for auditions next week.

Mondia

www.jlodown.com is why I will never watch if Jlo is on the show.
Animal lovers need to stand up against this.

Maleha

Mee

Good she'll be working
THAT'L GIVE Dayanara A CHANCE TO Steal her own husband
(MARK) BACK

Heard Hispanics all hate her because she looked down on them then she started kissing up to them when nothing would pan out for her.
Hispanics all think she became famous for doing the SELENA character but she said it was her singing.

A European psyhic predicted predicted she would jinx the show

Mee

Meant to say,

A European psychic predicted she(J.Lo) would jinx the show.
Think she meant the other judges and producer's NOT the dancer's ???
Time will tell.

Doreen

I don't think Jennifer Lopez will be a good judge. I was hoping they would have asked Sharon Osborne. Oh well! I like Steven Tyler but question his ability also. Time to find a new show!

A.M.D

Don't understand the slack about JLO, she's awesome! I'm not much of an Idol fan, sorry, the show's too commercialized and if you think about it much of today's talent that has actually made it wouldn't have really stood a chance on Idol. Not to say that they haven't produced some good talent though. JLO is multi-talented and has it all, done it all and did it all herself. Gotta give the girl credit. If she's a bitch it's most likely because of the haters that want to take away the credit she's worked so hard to obtain. Don't blame her.

Anna

Thats it! She can't even sing. I've never even bought a song of hers. She can't dance either. My god, she must be paying them to let her work on the show, not being paid! No, no, no, I refuse to believe this!

Dee

OH God Why don't they just take the dam show off the air. Who the F cares what J HO has to say. Are you serious what is this world coming too. SMH

Tammy Spriggs

This show has been going downhill for the past couple years, this is just going to push it over the edge

Lisa DiGraci

Hey, give the lady a chance here!. Big improvement from Kara!!! I have always loved Jennifer. She has alot of experience in music & films. Yeh they might not be to your taste or your standards but there are people out here that really like her. If AI does a Latino themed night I think that would be terrific. She's really not a Diva....she was blessed with great looks,talent a husband who clearly loves her and children. Jennifer if you should read this....go kick some butt and show just how good you are. You won my respect for a perfect performance in Selena and I have been a fan ever since.

Maureen612

Come on people - the show has run its course with the standard Simon, Paula, and The "Dawg Man" Randy himself! Kara never worked - the number was even - the producers know that now. What is the problem with Jlo? The woman was a dancer on a small syndicated show, made her way threw the wrangling of the music world to get her first album and crushed us with her talent for years. She takes time off from being a workaholic, still running her own businesses, and decides to go on AI. Give her a break - if there is anyone who didn't have a silver spoon in her mouth when she started out - it was J Lo and let's just hope anyone winning AI learns from all she has to offer through her years of front stage experience! None of the judges including Paula - can say they have that experience under their belt NONE - this ought to be interesting.

Mee

Oh she's been "A GOOD JUDGE" of a good "FUR COAT"
Pray for the animals

Lopez

I am a devoted American Idol Fan...guess those ratings are going to drop big time... I am not a Jennifer Lopez Fan.. I was a fan of Marc Anthony and he lost me as a fan! and it all had to do for niether one having respect for the dead! Yes they both produced and played in a movie reg. one of Puerto Rico's greatest singers yes HECTOR LAVOE, YES JENNIFER WE KNEW HECTOR AND WE ALL LOVED HIM JUST THE WAY HE WAS!! Just in case you trashed the memory of one of our greatest! Shame on both of YOU!

Maria

Thank you for all the negative and positive comment on J-Lo. She's a hot topic, makes her a VIP, other wise, she just wouldn't be yesterday, today's and tomorrows news. Love who she is.

Jean

I think having Jlo as a judge, is crazy. To me she doesn't know anything about singing. To me she can't sing, nor dance.Ratings are going to be low, very low.