Jennifer Lopez

Is a Go On 'Idol'

... for One Year

9/14/2010 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed ... Jennifer Lopez has signed a 1-year deal with "American Idol" for "a little more than $12 million" -- this according to sources connected with the show.

0914_jlo_american_idol_BN

It's somewhat surprising that the deal is only for one year ... given the nature of the "A.I." franchise.

Nonetheless -- as first reported by Nikki Finke at DeadlineHollywood.com, it is a done deal and Jennifer Lopez is expected to be at the judges' table for auditions next week.

Eljay

There is something wrong with our society - $12M to judge piss poor singers. Sheesh - Fox should be ashamed and so should JLo.

sharon

American Idol, que acaba de hacer que la calificación a bajar poniendo Jennifer en la serie. Ella no tiene talento, no puede cantar y su trasero se bloqueará todo el talento en el show.

Bill F. Murray

Posted at 12:25 PM on Sep 14, 2010 by sharon
----------
You tell 'em, Sharon! :)

Kelly

Well. She will pull down a nice payday for however long it lasts. I would LOVE to read the fine print of the contract!!

Darlene

Sense Simon left, the show has gone to the dogs, I dont even watch it anymore.

sharon

Posted at 12:25 PM on Sep 14, 2010 by sharon
----------
You tell 'em, Sharon! :)

Posted at 12:27 PM on Sep 14, 2010 by Jeffro11
***********************************************************

LOL, well the english version deosn't seem to be working because they signed her, so might as well give it to them in spanish, right papi? LOL

cancelledaccount

I'm never watching again. No matter whom they hire. It's over.

sharon

What you want to bet that this season they gonna have one week of singing spanish songs. Since i won't be watching, someone gonna have to come on here and tell me if i was right.

my opinion

One million a year...WOW...isn't the economy doing poorly, there are homeless, unemployed and hungry people what the heck!!!!!

ceis

Not pleased with A I's decision here. I am not a fan of J Lo. Last year sucked badly, I sure hope the final 12 will be better this year. Simon will be missed!

MikeR

Who do you think you're kidding? EVERYONE is going to watch the first show, the ratings will be off the chart.

Of course we're all watching for the train wreck.

Wandy

12 Millions TOO MUCH. Sad they choose to spend this money on a has been instead of trying to restructure the show. It's boring and I don't see lasting after this season. It's done just like JLO

my opinion

oops meant to say ONE million a MONTH....outrageous.

Chris

She's going to kill the show. Obviously, the people at AI are idiots.

Tina

JLo does not belong on the show. The show should be canceled. Enough is enough