Katherine Jackson Sues AEG Over Michael's Death

9/15/2010 8:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson and Michael Jackson's children are suing AEG Live -- claiming the company breached its agreement to provide physical care for Michael Jackson -- and that AEG was negligent in their hiring of Dr. Conrad Murray as MJ's physician.

2010_katherine_doc_launch_BN

In the suit, Katherine claims AEG's contract with Michael "created a legal duty for AEG to act reasonably toward the physical well-being of Michael Jackson."

In the document, Katherine also blames AEG for hiring Dr. Murray without  a proper background check -- claiming, "AEG did not provide a doctor who was truly looking out for Jackson's well-being and did not provide equipment."

The suit also alleges AEG caused emotional distress to Michael's son Prince because he witnessed Michael suffering and dying, and "he was put in a position as bystander to these tragic events."

Kenny Ortega, who produced the planned London concerts for Michael, is also named as a defendant.

The attorney who filed the suit, Brian J. Panish, released a statement saying, "The purpose of this lawsuit is to prove to the world the truth about what happened to Michael Jackson, once and for all."

Story developing...

Pegasus

On the "Joe Jackson - Doctor Murray Held MJ Drug Intervention" board. I responded to a question there regarding some of the drugs that she said - that she had heard that MJ was taking. In my response to her question - I listed the drugs, the other names that the drug is also called, what the drug is prescribed for, Side Effects, Symptoms, Overdosage, and various other information. You may want to go over to that board and read it.

Many of the symptoms that are listed there, could explain many of the symptoms that Michael experienced. And the side effects and that - could possibly - explain many of Michaels actions and behavior. I am not claiming that it does - I am merely saying that it could explain some of the things we have seen and heard. I hope that you will take some time, and check it out for yourselves.

L Mercer

Hi Kim ~ I agree 100%. I just wanted to thank you for your caring and intelligent post. This has been unbelievable since that surrealistic day on June 25, 2009.

shelley

I love Michael, but he was a drug addict. If a heroin addict shoots up another and the one he shoots up dies, is he held accountable? No, an addict is an addict and they know the risks of accidental overdoes and that's a risk they wish to take. It was not intentional. If it were not Dr. Murray (no, he should not have been doing it but), it would have been another Doctor or Michael himself. The Jackson family is placing blame on everyone but themselves. They failed Michael as parents, siblings and friends long ago by letting him be so self destructive and not helping him.

TK

Justice for Michael!

TrumanD

Well, I must say I cannot disagree with Mrs. Jackson on this matter. She should def sue. I mean seriously, what were they thinking with Murray? God bless you, Mrs. Jackson. Oh and, keep those grandbabies away from Joe! You know that's what Michael would have wanted!! jmo

TrumanD

I meant AGREE, not disagree! Sorry, long day!

L Mercer

Justice For Michael Jackson ~ Haters go away ~ The trust will literally set you free

Melmerme

I have been wondering what took Katherine Jackson so long to file this wrongful death suit. AEG and company did not care at all about Michael Jackson's welfare and just put money ahead of everything. Any mother would want to know what happened to their son. To make assumptions that this article is about Jackson greed is only another attempt to dehumanize the Jackson family much as was done to Michael Jackson during his lifetime.

L Mercer

Yes Melmeme ~ All so very sad. Maybe for Katherine, its taken so long because of how all the legal stuff has to be organized, and then finally filed. Its like this whole thing has just been dragging...look how the next court date for Murray isn't even until, I believe in Jan, of 2011. :(

Nasiba

I SUPPORT KATHERINE. ONE SHOULD BE BLIND NOT TO SEE HOW MICHAEL SUFFERED AT THE REHEARSALS. AEG AND THE PEOPLE INVOLVED SHOULD HAVE MADE THAT OUT. THEY DIDN'T SEEM TO CARE ABOUT THAT.
I AM NOT A DOCTOR BUT EVEN I CAN DEFINITELY SAY THAT MICHAEL WAS SKINNY AND EMACIATED. YES, MICHAEL WAS ALWAYS THIN, BUT WHAT I SAW IN THE "THIS IS IT" IS DIFFERENT. TO BE THIN DOES NOT MEAN TO BE ILL. A MAN CAN BE THIN, BUT SHOULD NOT LOOK EMACIATED OR BONY. MICHAEL LOOKED BAD, EVEN FROM UNDER THE THICK LAYER OF MAKE-UP. LADIES CAN MAKE OUT THIS SORT OF THINGS EASILY, BECAUSE WE WEAR MAKE UP TOO.

I AM SO SORRY THAT DOCTORS WHO OVERPILLED MICHAEL CALLED THEMSELVES MICHAEL'S "FRIENDS". THEY ARE NOT FRIENDS, THEY PRETENDED TO BE SO. A FRIEND WOULD NEVER DO YOU HARM, NEVER. THEY JUST HELPED HIM TO DIE.

NEVERTHELESS, I WILL NEVER STOP LOVING MICHAEL JACKSON, NEVER.
NOBODY CAN SUBSTITUTE HIM, NOT IN THIS CENTURY, AT LEAST.

REST IN PEACE BELOVED MICHAEL! YOU ARE A HISTORY!
AND WOE BE TO PEOPLE WHO DROVE YOU INTO THE CORNER AND DESTROYED YOU.

SheLuvsMJ4Ever

Wow,it's about time.With this suit,it should finally bring all the sneaky crap out in the open and finally bring all of them down for what they did to Michael. I hope Katherine gets through it ok. As a mother myself,I just cannot fathom losing one of my children.Though all grown, I just cannot fathom that kind of anguish.

Eileen

Its always all about money, and more money, absolutely shameless. I really feel so sad for the kids, their emotional state, and their greedy money grabbing families. Shame on the Jackson family. Those kids have no hope of a normal life, imagine the damage all this causes the kids. Great role models they have...?????????

ColoradoRob

This family is a freak show. Jackson was just a modern version of Elvis. Didn't matter how was there to baby sit him he still would've gotten the drugs. Let it go and get out of headlines. How much money do you really need?

Lucky_130