T.I. Probation Violation? Tell It to the Judge

9/16/2010 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. got word today that he needs to get his butt in front of a federal judge in Atlanta to explain why his probation should not be revoked after his L.A. drug bust.

0916_TI_BN_TMZ
A federal judge signed a summons today for the rapper -- real name Clifford Harris Jr. -- to appear in court. As TMZ first reported, Harris and his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle were arrested earlier this month on the Sunset Strip for felony possession of a controlled substance.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, T.I.'s probation officer also signed the summons and listed three possible violations: possession, testing positive for opiates, and association with a felon.

T.I. could be sent back to prison because he's still on federal probation for his 2009 gun possession conviction.

T.I.'s longtime attorney Dwight Thomas tells TMZ no date has been set for the hearing, but when it goes down T.I.'s legal team "will have an opportunity to present mitigating evidence or arguments on T.I.'s behalf."

Clay the don sippin Dom P daily like John.

He's got an much class as Paris Hilton in Juarez eatin a big ole turkey burger inside a Taxi.

Nicole

He tested positive for opiates yet had ecstasy in his possession ? and was associating with a felon.
He is totally screwed

lockhimup

unreal this guy is so ridiculous getting on tv in a robe saying he will have all his prior charges dropped prior to what went down then he served time to get out and go be a retard in the public eye with that **** on him.. what a ****in idiot i mean really why would you even leave your house with all that money after you get your freedom back.. this guy must not understand how to behave.. stupid idiot

Ghost

WHO?

beau

TI dumb wife dumb they didnt know each other was dumb....

sadienova

i'm so flippin' sick of T.I...singing "the old me's dead and gone"...what a joke!!! i bet pretty boy will have alot of 'buddies' when he goes back to the pokey.

knickfan212

3 violations at one time.Dirty urine,possession of controlled substance and with a known felon (his wife).Let's see if he gets our time or Paris Hilton time.

realestate4u.biz

I'm going to start a common sense and good judgement consultation service for all celebrities, they can call me before they do ANYTHING and I'll advise them on if they should do it or not. Fee is negotiable, LOL

bring back recent posts

um....his wife is a felon??????????????

Sincerity

More than likely, his attorneys will plead for "inpatient rehab" as opposed to a return to prison. Somehow, I don't see the court agreeing to rehab without making sure T.I. does some more prison time. He really should have known better. Now his family will more than likely receive "unannounced visits" from the department of family services. He brought this one upon himself and now his family will have to be "inconvenienced", too. I'm praying that the brotha can "get it together" and keep his priorities straight!!! I really wanted to believe that he had learned his lesson and now he's going to be "sent back to school" for a "refresher course" in wisdom.

Denise

His wife needs to be that ride or die chick and take it for the team... claim it as her own and do his time........... he can get real time for her stupidity

Mary Ann

Excuse me, but who in the hell is he???

STFU

3 possible violations: possession, testing positive for opiates, and association with a felon (I guess his wife Tiny is the felon) a house full with criminals

pls put him in jail, this will show children that you will pay a price for doing drugs . had he been the average citizen he would get jail locked up NOW

Wonder if he asked his wife to take the charges for him. He appears to be that type of lowlife and his wife appears to be a lap dog for him.

a match made in h3ll

Carl

Short of absolute proof of his innocence there is nothing his lawyers should be able to present that would justify not revoking his probation.

njneere

Bye bye wannabe hard ass gangsta freak. Hope you like a big c*ck up you're arse.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments